`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2011 RIP card

RE: 2011 RIP card
I had an Ortiz rip card /100, I think. Inside was a sabathia sp. All told, the value of the 2 was about the same as the unripped Ortiz. Plus it was kind of cool to open it. I say go for it.
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

Value schmalue. Rip the darn thing. I don't know how anyone's curiosity doesn't get the best of them. I'd rip that card immediately with no second thought to how much I could flip it for on Ebay.

But then, my philosophy for my cards is that I am a collector, not a profiteer.
*Please note that in all of my future trades, I will require extra time to ship. I have no adequate transportation to a post office. If you don't want to wait, please do not trade with me.*

(10-10-2011, 11:38 PM)dbacks08 Wrote: Value schmalue. Rip the darn thing. I don't know how anyone's curiosity doesn't get the best of them. I'd rip that card immediately with no second thought to how much I could flip it for on Ebay.

But then, my philosophy for my cards is that I am a collector, not a profiteer.
I have interest in the Rangers at all. If I can make enough money to pay for the box I just got, then I can buy another box and hopefully get something that I do want to keep. I wouldnt really call it profiteering.

<-------- Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain. I'm very much a purist when it comes to collecting. This whole secondary market business with Ebay, while nice because I've found a few cards on there to add to my collection, has destroyed a lot of what I found fun about collecting as a kid. I still find my own brand of fun, but trying to collect a set nowadays is next to impossible because of people who buy up gazillions of boxes just for "hits" and trash the rest. It jacks up prices, and makes it hard to find other people who don't want to trade my few autographed and relic cards for insert cards or base.

I'd still rip it. Inherently, I'd be way more curious about what the mini is inside the rip card than the potential profit I could make to buy another box if I sold the thing on Ebay. I wasn't intending to be harsh toward you, just throwing out my two cents.
*Please note that in all of my future trades, I will require extra time to ship. I have no adequate transportation to a post office. If you don't want to wait, please do not trade with me.*

In my house, it would have already been ripped.
I also have sold ripped cards (the outer card) as they are serial #ed and collectible.
True, you will get a lot less ripped, but I ripped on and got a 1/1 art work card from 2009..never know

Most likely this card is a EXT inside though

(10-11-2011, 01:32 AM)dbacks08 Wrote: <-------- Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain. I'm very much a purist when it comes to collecting. This whole secondary market business with Ebay, while nice because I've found a few cards on there to add to my collection, has destroyed a lot of what I found fun about collecting as a kid. I still find my own brand of fun, but trying to collect a set nowadays is next to impossible because of people who buy up gazillions of boxes just for "hits" and trash the rest. It jacks up prices, and makes it hard to find other people who don't want to trade my few autographed and relic cards for insert cards or base.

I'd still rip it. Inherently, I'd be way more curious about what the mini is inside the rip card than the potential profit I could make to buy another box if I sold the thing on Ebay. I wasn't intending to be harsh toward you, just throwing out my two cents.
I didnt take it personally at all. And believe me, I am really curious as to what could be inside. But, I love to break boxes and selling it unripped gets me another opportunity to do that.

I will give you $30 bucks for it, rip it on youtube.

lol

Yeah, how 'bout I trade you for it, then I get to rip it!

(10-11-2011, 12:22 PM)imnotded Wrote: I didnt take it personally at all. And believe me, I am really curious as to what could be inside. But, I love to break boxes and selling it unripped gets me another opportunity to do that.
I have a '11 Lineage Posey gu mini, plus a Chrome Belt auto that I'd be willing to trade you.
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

If you rip it and get a EXT mini, you can still sell the mini and the ripped card for around the same value as the unripped card
[Image: yrBtR.png]
Collecting Reds and A's (especially Joey Votto, Bronson Arroyo, and Josh Reddick)