`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Eli Manning...how good is he?

RE: Eli Manning...how good is he?
(10-10-2011, 01:56 AM)bakerman8419 Wrote: Eli is pretty good. His last name definitely adds to his popularity. I got him in the top 20 for sure and prolly top 15.
ALL time or currently??? If he is 16 out of 32 right now, he is average at best.
[Image: IMG_0004-3-1-1-1-1.jpg][Image: dcb5423c-6775-419e-9e21-4965884632ba.jpg]

Definitely an average QB. I don't feel he is above average or elite. On a good day he'd make the Top 10 playing right now. I just feel there are better QBs out there and his Manning name definitely is the reason that raises questions like this.

Eli is and always will be overated... he showed his true form yesterday, as well as Schaub and some of the other hacks you listed on your supposed "Top List" and please, get Peyton off your lists guys, he is injured, no point even putting him on the list any time soon... unless you mean all time of course...
JAXON SHIPLEY SUPER COLLECTOR-PAYPAL ALWAYS AVAILABLE!!!Big Grin

(10-10-2011, 02:07 AM)ejnfl24 Wrote: I think he's vastly overrated. He's riding the coattails of the Manning name as hard as anyone's rode a last name that I can remember. His stats have been mediocre over his career. His teams are usually average at best for that reason. He throw's too many INT's (more-so of late). He fumbles a lot too.

Sure, he's a Super Bowl winner. But that team won a championship largely in spite of his performances. Sure, he had the big play(s) to Tyree and the game winner (on a busted coverage) to Burress. But that team won because of their defense keeping them in, and leading them to, most of their wins.
Wow.... You didn't watch any of that NFL Playoffs did you? Mind you all of these games were on the road...
Vs. Tampa 20-27 185 yds 2 TDs 0 INTs (Out of 57 offensive plays)
Vs. Dallas 12-18 163 yds 2 TDs 0 INTs (Out of 41 offensive plays)
Vs. Green Bay 21-40 251 yds 0 TDS 0 INTs (Out of 79 offensive plays)
Vs. NE 19-34 255 yds 2 TDs 1 INTs (Out of 60 offensive plays)

This shows a team that relied on a QB to make plays over half the game. Eli did that and more. He is the reason they won a Super Bowl that year. If you watched the games and saw the throws he was making, he was FLAWLESS. I had never seen another QB take a team on his shoulders like that until Rodgers last year.

Also, at this point in his career, his numbers are similar to Elway, Aikman, Brady, and McNair. Not bad QB company. His INTs definitely need to go down, but remember, he's in a blitz heavy division with the Eagles, Cowboys, and Redskins. So mistakes are common, especially throwing in those Jersey winds.
Trying to finish these sets:
1999 Upper Deck Strike Force Quantum /100
2000 Score Complete Players Green/ Blue
2000 Leaf Piece of the Game Preview 4th Down Isaac Bruce
2008 Premier NFL Equipment /25 John Elway

Let me know if you have any available.

He's no Phil Simms......that's for sure..........
2012 Beckett "Super Collector"

(10-10-2011, 02:44 PM)Marinocollector Wrote: Wow.... You didn't watch any of that NFL Playoffs did you? Mind you all of these games were on the road...
Vs. Tampa 20-27 185 yds 2 TDs 0 INTs (Out of 57 offensive plays)
Vs. Dallas 12-18 163 yds 2 TDs 0 INTs (Out of 41 offensive plays)
Vs. Green Bay 21-40 251 yds 0 TDS 0 INTs (Out of 79 offensive plays)
Vs. NE 19-34 255 yds 2 TDs 1 INTs (Out of 60 offensive plays)

This shows a team that relied on a QB to make plays over half the game. Eli did that and more. He is the reason they won a Super Bowl that year. If you watched the games and saw the throws he was making, he was FLAWLESS. I had never seen another QB take a team on his shoulders like that until Rodgers last year.

Also, at this point in his career, his numbers are similar to Elway, Aikman, Brady, and McNair. Not bad QB company. His INTs definitely need to go down, but remember, he's in a blitz heavy division with the Eagles, Cowboys, and Redskins. So mistakes are common, especially throwing in those Jersey winds.
BOOM
(10-10-2011, 11:23 AM)superynaldo Wrote: Eli is and always will be overated... he showed his true form yesterday, as well as Schaub and some of the other hacks you listed on your supposed "Top List" and please, get Peyton off your lists guys, he is injured, no point even putting him on the list any time soon... unless you mean all time of course...
If you can look at Matt Schuab's career and not respect him....then something is wrong....he is a great QB and if I were a coach I would go into every game with confidence having him as my QB.

and just bc Peyton is hurt dosent mean he is dead...he is an active NFL player..so I think he should still be on active lists.
comp att yds % TD INT QBR
1386 2,151 16,834 64.4 92 57 91.6

That is no hack....that is a solid starter....that has had a bad team for the majority of his career
As for Eli....Just like it was said before....that Playoff run and Super Bowl was nothing short of amazing.
6 TD's and only 1 INT in the entire run.
He played on the road every game...and did that...he was great and he seems to just be getting better.
Yea he didnt have a crazy good game last game....but if Victor Cruz didnt hand the ball to the Seahawks as he was falling down...Eli would have led his team to Victory.
I am not saying he is Peyton.....but he is in the top 5 in almost every positive passing category this year. If that isnt a top notch starting QB then its hard to say who is.
If I had to count guys playing right now...I can really only think of 3 guys who should be chosen over Eli.

I'm liking you more every post Marino Smile to the people saying he had a bad game last game you're wrong. He had 3 int's yes but 1 was the receivers fault and one was basically a hail mary at the end of the game. Is he over rated or under rated who knows seems to me he's rated where he should be not the best and far from the worst.
[Image: SigXacvol2.png]
New York Giants Fan & Collector.
http://s9.photobucket.com/home/deuce6000/

I, being a Giants fan, am a little biased but I think Eli is in that top tier of QBs in the league. If you look at this INTs alone, you won't be impressed with him; however, look at how many of his INTs are his fault. Especially last year, a lot of INTs came from deflected passes by Giants players. You could easily take 10 INTs away because of missed passes by his recievers.

I think Eli needs a bit of work, but he is definitely one of the better QBs in the league and definitely has some great years ahead of him with Nicks, Manningham and anyone else who decides they wanna catch passes for the Giants
[Image: ducksbann.png]

Collecting
2010-11 SP Authentic Future Watch Autos 30/62 = 48.38%
Cam Fowler Count: 32

Photobucket Link
http://photobucket.com/DucksFan87

(10-14-2011, 03:44 AM)deuce6000 Wrote: I'm liking you more every post Marino Smile to the people saying he had a bad game last game you're wrong. He had 3 int's yes but 1 was the receivers fault and one was basically a hail mary at the end of the game. Is he over rated or under rated who knows seems to me he's rated where he should be not the best and far from the worst.
haha thanks buddy...and yea I am pretty much with you on the issue....I dont think he is at the very top (although pretty close to it) but is farrr from the bottom....I would go as far as to say pretty far from the middle.
(10-25-2011, 11:14 PM)Ducks_Fan Wrote: I, being a Giants fan, am a little biased but I think Eli is in that top tier of QBs in the league. If you look at this INTs alone, you won't be impressed with him; however, look at how many of his INTs are his fault. Especially last year, a lot of INTs came from deflected passes by Giants players. You could easily take 10 INTs away because of missed passes by his recievers.

I think Eli needs a bit of work, but he is definitely one of the better QBs in the league and definitely has some great years ahead of him with Nicks, Manningham and anyone else who decides they wanna catch passes for the Giants
Agreed....I already have him as one of the 50 best QB's to ever play....and by the end of his career I expect him to easily be in the top 20

Anybody ready to give Eli a little love yet?
comp att % yds Yds PG avg td INT Raiting
156 241 64.7 2127 303.9 8.8 13 5 102.1

not to mention 2 of his Picks came on bull crap plays in the Seahawks game....Victor Cruise handing the ball to the defender and the last second hail mary.

Only Rodgers and Brady have Higher QB Ratings...and Eli is quickly closing in on Brady.

I think the guy deserves some love....he is carrying the Manning Torch well this year.