`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tebow Era Starts Now (card values too)

RE: Tebow Era Starts Now
i personally hate tebow, but the kid seems to have a knack for the endzone. Its not always pretty but hey if it works they should be happy to take it, its not like the alternatives are too enticing.
Sigs curtesy of KoolKellGirl and JDetter!! Thanks a ton!!

[Image: fbqueen1.jpg]

[Image: fbqueen.gif]

Here is the part that baffles me. Why does Tebow have to be perfect right away or he cant do it. What ever happened to QBs being terrible there first year or two. Show me a QB who jumped in the game right away and was flawless. Its bad now and its going to be worse. Tebow (if given the chance) will have some down right terrible games and the media will ride him worse than anyone saying he doesnt have the talent, his mechanics, blah blah blah.

Marinoisking: Look at Peyton Manning. One of the games greatest QBs ever. We both agree on that,. Look at Mannings stats his rookie year.26 TDs 28 INTs. 71.2 QB rating Not to impressive. He took his lumps and impressed people soon after.

Before you fly off the handle, Im not saying Tebow will be Peyton, or even Eli.

All I want to see as a Bronco fan is for Tebow to be given a legitamate chance to win. Orton proved he isnt the franchise QB, move on now. Tebow has his flaws, he isnt the most accurate QB, he has a slow delivery. However, he has some unique talent. He was a huge spark in that game and every game he is in. He has won on every level he played at. He was one of the most amazing QBs in college football history. Hell, his passing number alone were better than Peyton Mannings. Not to mention his size and his running. Thats gotta drive def. cor. nuts on how to stop that. With Tebows work ethic on top of it. I dont see how people can be so quick to write the guy off.

Tebows number will always be odd cause there isnt a qb like him to compare him to. He wont be a typical , but if he wins games, by god, play him
[Image: NJbm45f.png]
Sold Out. Save a few cards. Pick up only what I have to have.
Banner By jbel4331

(10-10-2011, 10:53 PM)samiamryan Wrote: Here is the part that baffles me. Why does Tebow have to be perfect right away or he cant do it. What ever happened to QBs being terrible there first year or two. Show me a QB who jumped in the game right away and was flawless. Its bad now and its going to be worse. Tebow (if given the chance) will have some down right terrible games and the media will ride him worse than anyone saying he doesnt have the talent, his mechanics, blah blah blah.

Marinoisking: Look at Peyton Manning. One of the games greatest QBs ever. We both agree on that,. Look at Mannings stats his rookie year.26 TDs 28 INTs. 71.2 QB rating Not to impressive. He took his lumps and impressed people soon after.

All I want to see as a Bronco fan is for Tebow to be given a legitamate chance to win. Orton proved he isnt the franchise QB, move on now. Tebow has his flaws, he isnt the most accurate QB, he has a slow delivery. However, he has some unique talent. He was a huge spark in that game and every game he is in. He has won on every level he played at. He was one of the most amazing QBs in college football history. Hell, his passing number alone were better than Peyton Mannings. Not to mention his size and his running. Thats gotta drive def. cor. nuts on how to stop that. With Tebows work ethic on top of it. I dont see how people can be so quick to write the guy off.

Tebows number will always be odd cause there isnt a qb like him to compare him to. He wont be a typical , but if he wins games, by god, play him
Amen , brother!!! I complete agree with you. Tebow will start vs. the phins in his first game. The Phins are honoring the 2008 Gators that night which is funny since the Canes play there...Anything to make a buck I guess. There will be more Tebow/Broncos fans in the crowd than Phins fans...Honestly I will be rooting for Tebow as well.
Unique Cards:
Dolphins - 6000+
Marino - 2140
Zach Thomas - 869
Jason Taylor - 749
Lamar Miller - 341

(10-10-2011, 10:53 PM)samiamryan Wrote: Here is the part that baffles me. Why does Tebow have to be perfect right away or he cant do it. What ever happened to QBs being terrible there first year or two. Show me a QB who jumped in the game right away and was flawless. Its bad now and its going to be worse. Tebow (if given the chance) will have some down right terrible games and the media will ride him worse than anyone saying he doesnt have the talent, his mechanics, blah blah blah.

I actually can show you one QB who jumped in and was immediately good....none other than Mr. Dan Marino....lol
20 TD's and 6 picks with a raiting in the upper 90's lol...but no I get what you are saying.

I mean there has been unique QB's to come into the NFL...but they all had an ability to throw from the pocket....and really almost none of the scrambling QB's that were super succesfull in college but lacked the ability to be a pocket passer just didnt cut it as a QB...Pat white,Eric Crouch,Marcus Vick...could go on and on....Tebow was probably the best College player ever...and if not he has to be in the top 3 or 4.
I just think he should be a kinda "utility" player...he has the work ethic and the maturity to be an NFL player...I just dont think his skill set will allow for him to be a consistent QB at this level....He can do some stuff that almost no other QB in the league can do...but at the same time...he cant do what almost every other QB in the nfl can do.

CONS
I just think an NFL QB has to have that awareness in the pocket and be able to stand in there and deliver accurate passes...everything other skill a QB may have plays second fiddle to that.
I have just not seen anything that make me believe that Tebow can stand in there and make the kind of throws he needs to.

I seen on alot of occasions last year and last game. Where Tebow scrambled from the pocket well before the protection broke down.
He has to have better awareness back there.

As mentioned before..His throwing Mechanics are off....and not only does that make for inconsistent passes, it gives him less time to start his throws.

I know this has always been his knock....but he dosent have a great arm,and yea you can be pretty good in the NFL with a below average arm...Chad Pennington was a pretty successful QB and he had a weak arm.
But he was a pocket passer....he made great decisions...and his passes were accurate.

PROS
He has great work ethic and he is a "different" style of player and can cause problems for D's
but just as we have seen with lots of other unique players and unique styles...it can only get you so far and last so long.
It will be figured out.

The fans love him...almost everybody loves him...
So that can get the crowed going....but dont think for a second that Tebow can come out and suck for two games and still here his name being chanted at the end of games....we will be hearing Brady Chants in Denver if that happens.

Really we can debate it all day...but just like almost any thing...it has 2 sides...and I guess both sides have a legit point...all we can really do is wait and see how his next few starts end up

Y'all Knew this thread was going to go this way... Smile ...lets just watch him for a while and THEN make a call, shall we? however he plays..
2007 FotG NFL Prime 130/133
2009 FotG NFL Prime 66/90
2010 FotG NFL Prime 103/103
DONE
http://s877.photobucket.com/user/sto66/l...ECUT%20SET
2011 Playbook Prime 68/95

Well he officially gets his chance now.
[Image: Hof_zpsa29cd41a.png]

If you smoke in your home, please don't trade me.

I see that! Thats friggin awesome!!
Banner By jbel4331

Denver wins in OT with Tebow as QB Smile

They beat my Dolphins though Sad
Thats okay, we're shooting for that #1 draft pick anyway
How about his cards? My quest for his 2010 cards has slowed significantly since he became the starter.
Beckett.Moderator.Floydtown@gmail.com
TOS

[Image: florida-gators.gif]
U.S. Army-Retired
Member since 10-04-1997 (#113)

RE: Tebow Era Starts Now (card values too)
CRAZY!
Collecting Jimmer Fredette.

Ugly ugly win. But wins are far and few for Broncos lately.

But to suck that bad, then BAM! There is something there. That was something almost....dare I say.....Elway like. To play that bad all game long, and then flip a switch.

Lots and lots of work to be done for Tebow though. He has got to get comfortable in the pocket yet. Just needs alot more experience. Still a project yet.
Banner By jbel4331