`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tebow Era Starts Now (card values too)

RE: Tebow Era Starts Now
(10-09-2011, 11:48 PM)bakerman8419 Wrote: The sample size is way too small to say he can't play QB in the NFL definitively. He has only started 3 games in which he went 1-2 in those games. He also has 6 career passing TDs, 7 career rushing TDs while only throwing 3 ints and losing 1 fumble for a guy who only "runs". That is a 13 to 4 TD to TO ratio which is pretty darn good. He has appeared in a total of 12 games so if my math is correct he has an average of 1+ TD per game while barely being on the field.

Today he came into the game in the 3rd quarter down 26-10 and had I believe 5 possessions. He scored TDs on 2 of them and if the defense didn't get called for a unnecessary roughness penalty Tebow would've had 2 min instead of 26 sec to make the comeback at the end of the game. Also keep in mind he threw a perfect pass on the second 2 pt conversion attempt and Lloyd couldnt come down with it. If he did the Broncos were in field goal range and may have went to overtime. Even with just 26 sec left he put them in position to win. Orton had 34 yards and 1 int in 2 and a half quarters. Tebow comes in and BAM the Broncos had life and almost pulled off a miracle type comeback. Why cant people look at what he did rather than what they think he cant do? I just dont get it...
BC its so illogical to say that.
It makes no sense.
I am not going to comment any further after this bc I have made 100% valid points that have all gone unheeded.

Tebow went like 1-6 for zero yards....the first like 12 plays with him in the game netted -2 yards.

He didnt show any skill apart from running the ball.
He missed BAD on every pass he threw over 3 or 4 yards.

I knew this was going to happen....everybody was gonna get back on the Tebow wagon after he came in and threw a screen pass for a TD.

He DIDNT PUT THE TEAM IN POSITION TO WIN.

Phillip Rivers put the Broncos in position to win with his little fumble.
(Correct me if I am wrong but....shouldnt all QB's get the "tuck rule")

Tebow threw a screen pass to Knowshon....he got good blocking and made some people miss.....so how can we give a QB credit for throwing the ball a couple yards and the rest of the team doing everything else?

Kyle Orton has one bad game....Tebow went 4-10......one pass was a screen for no gain...one was the screen to Knowshon...one was the pass that lloyd bounced in with one hand...and one was an underneath pass against a prevent D....
How does that have everybody going insane for Tebow?
I just cant comprehend how that was SOO Magical.

No one is going insane for Tebow at least Im not but you are going insane against Tebow. If by your logic the plays Tebow made were so easy and any QB could make them then why didnt/couldnt Orton? By your logic Orton should be able to dump off screens with no effort and lead the team to victories with ease since he is by far a better QB than Tebow will ever be.

The Rivers play was a strip by Ayers I believe. Not sure where the tuck rule would apply.

Also with Tebow's running ability that is a huge weapon much like Vick. Just give him a chance. That is all anyone wants is a chance to see what he can do. No one is saying HOF or a G.O.A.T. we are just saying enough with Orton already. There is ZERO reason to play Orton in Denver again. If Tebow starts the rest of the year and stinks it up then Denver must find another option. However if by some small chance Tebow proves to be a solid to good QB who knows how to win what more could you possibly ask for???
Unique Cards:
Dolphins - 6000+
Marino - 2140
Zach Thomas - 869
Jason Taylor - 749
Lamar Miller - 341

(10-10-2011, 12:16 AM)bakerman8419 Wrote: No one is going insane for Tebow at least Im not but you are going insane against Tebow. If by your logic the plays Tebow made were so easy and any QB could make them then why didnt/couldnt Orton? By your logic Orton should be able to dump off screens with no effort and lead the team to victories with ease since he is by far a better QB than Tebow will ever be.

The Rivers play was a strip by Ayers I believe. Not sure where the tuck rule would apply.

Also with Tebow's running ability that is a huge weapon much like Vick. Just give him a chance. That is all anyone wants is a chance to see what he can do. No one is saying HOF or a G.O.A.T. we are just saying enough with Orton already. There is ZERO reason to play Orton in Denver again. If Tebow starts the rest of the year and stinks it up then Denver must find another option. However if by some small chance Tebow proves to be a solid to good QB who knows how to win what more could you possibly ask for???
yea Orton could dump of screens with ease...any QB in the NFL can dump of screens with ease....is it Ortons doing if the screen goes for a TD? no
is it his doing if it is stuffed and the blocking breaks down? no.

A screen is a running play for all intents and purposes.

and yea running is a good weapon....but there are 6 or 7 maybe even more aspects that would rank as being more important than that.
Vick can throw from the pocket....but he still makes some bad decisions...his team has one win this year to show for it as well.

quote..."Kyle Orton has one bad game".......

Again- hahahahahaha , dude what are you smoking? lol

Your Tebow hate has you wearing blinders- one bad game? No QB skills, you cant be serious.

Im done for the night-we'll see what happens in the coming weeks. Till then..
Beckett.Moderator.Floydtown@gmail.com
TOS

[Image: florida-gators.gif]
U.S. Army-Retired
Member since 10-04-1997 (#113)

(10-10-2011, 12:35 AM)floydtown Wrote: quote..."Kyle Orton has one bad game".......

Again- hahahahahaha , dude what are you smoking? lol

Your Tebow hate has you wearing blinders- one bad game? No QB skills, you cant be serious.

Im done for the night-we'll see what happens in the coming weeks. Till then..
my Blinders eh?
I think your Tebow worship has some pretty thick Blinders on you my friend Smile

I made my point on tebows QB skills in a previous post...I dont see anybody poking any holes in what I had to say about that.
but indeed.....only time will tell.
Until week 7 my friend.

Agreed, we were smart enough to get rid of him.
(10-09-2011, 10:33 PM)chibearsboy Wrote: i just want to see him play and see what he has..let him run the team for a while...the Stats wont lie.
and yes...Orton stinks...always has and i would know being a bears guy..i was happy to see him go,i cant lie
[Image: Hof_zpsa29cd41a.png]

If you smoke in your home, please don't trade me.

(10-10-2011, 12:03 AM)Marinoisking Wrote: I am not going to comment any further after this
[Image: 1c4478fb-d731-4d9f-ba14-899045a13077_zps5489e52d.jpg]

If you watch Kyle ORton all game, he rarely throws a pass more than 5 yards in the air. Everything is YAC
Collecting Jimmer Fredette.

first things first, i am by no means telling anyone they are wrong just trying to add some perspective that is being entirely overlooked. and some is legit and some is my opinion so haters fire away if you feel the need but thats not what this is all about.

i am in full support of tebow as i stated earlier in the thread but what seems to be the bigger issue is the broncos as a team whole. neither tebow, orton or even quinn (if ever given a shot) could win many games if the broncos dont toughen up other areas too. this qb drama is not really showing what the real problems are with this team. time for them to choose a starter and start building around him. whoever that may be.

rushing - simple, needs help no question there

recievers - yeah tebows balls were off some yesterday but thats what they are paid for, to make catches. how many of us gauge a great wr by the big plays they make? almost all of us. cant blame any of the 3 qb's for the lack of big play ability of the wr's (lloyd being their best really isn't saying much, he's good but he's not the answer)

offensive line - if tebow is the starter they will have to get better. teams have to adjust to the type of qb they have. their blocking cant break down like it does 3 seconds after the snap. tebow needs his time back there to do what he does best, make plays, whether it be scramble around until a receiver gets open, throw it away or if he decides to run it himself (which neither of the other two qb's is this an option).

defense - plain and simple, first five games they average giving up 28 points a game. no offense rebuilding with any qb could be expected to win right now with those type of points given up. and dont say that stat is padded because of the 49 point packer loss, they still give up an average around 20 points if you remove that game from the mix.

plain and simple tebow energizes a broncos team and the fan base (who ultimately pays the bills of the broncos/players). in my opinion he will never be a marino, favre, manning, brady, etc but he is the best fit for this broncos team right now. time to let him show his drive and help bring this team back or let him fail. but this back and forth crap isn't helping anyone.

ok i'm done. fire away everyone. i'm sure i said something someones gonna lmk they don't like.
PC Collections Josh Morgan, Tim Tebow, Brock Marion and Derek Anderson

(10-09-2011, 10:29 PM)floydtown Wrote: sorry Marino but I have to

hahahahahahaha

Tebow puts points on the board
+1