`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Peyton Manning should win the MVP award

RE: Peyton Manning should win the MVP award
(10-10-2011, 12:34 AM)Marinoisking Wrote: nobody can release Peyton Manning without repercussions lol
True that! haha.
Unique Cards:
Dolphins - 6000+
Marino - 2140
Zach Thomas - 869
Jason Taylor - 749
Lamar Miller - 341

(10-10-2011, 12:44 AM)bakerman8419 Wrote: True that! haha.
Hit him hard just one time after he comes back from neck surgery and nobody will have to worry about him ever again.
[Image: nthnoak.jpg]

Looking for 49er Autos and Kobe Bryant.

http://s829.photobucket.com/albums/zz216...r%20Trade/

(10-10-2011, 12:57 AM)nthnoak Wrote: Hit him hard just one time after he comes back from neck surgery and nobody will have to worry about him ever again.
Well we know Peyton isnt going to play this year so he will have about a year and a half to get healthy. If for any reason he doesnt completely heal I think he may just retire. Plus keep in mind if the Colts were to put Manning on the trade block that would be a huge warning sign to any team interested in him to stay away. I understand your train of thought but I feel he either plays on the Colts next year or retires.
Unique Cards:
Dolphins - 6000+
Marino - 2140
Zach Thomas - 869
Jason Taylor - 749
Lamar Miller - 341

(10-10-2011, 12:57 AM)nthnoak Wrote: Hit him hard just one time after he comes back from neck surgery and nobody will have to worry about him ever again.
Peyton is indeed going to have a super long time to recover...I understand the severity of the injury....but the Human body is very resilient...and given the amount of time he has to heal...I think it really lowers that risk.

Also keep in mind that not every hit he takes is going to have a huge impact on his neck.

He has already said he is hoping to play this season. If he does, that could be trouble. I dont see why he would though because what is the point if your team is already out of the playoffs by then. Im not saying his neck will absolutely be a problem for him in the future but look at how other injuries linger with players. They are all over the place. My dad had neck surgery 10 years ago and it still bothers him. Heck, I broke my thumb 5 years ago and it still hurts big time if i hit that spot against something. I can just imagine a big linebacker hitting peyton unexpectedly from behind causing that whiplash effect and bam, there goes his career. But everything is just a big if at this point but you have to think about it. Teams dont draft players due to a leg injury or something like that in college so why would the colts want to take the same kind of risks but pay a TON more money for this one when they could possibly get a QB in the draft that could quite possibly be good enough to replace manning completely? It would be a crappy thing to do being he has done great things in Indy but the NFL is a business.
[Image: nthnoak.jpg]

Looking for 49er Autos and Kobe Bryant.

http://s829.photobucket.com/albums/zz216...r%20Trade/

The Colts D is FAR FAR FAR worse this year compared to last year. FAR worse. They are allowing about 3 points more per game after playing the Browns, Chiefs, an slow starting Steelers and Bucs offenses, and the Texans. How crucial is those three points? It would have caused them to lose 3 more games last year. A 7-9 Colts team.
(10-10-2011, 01:50 AM)Marinoisking Wrote: Peyton is indeed going to have a super long time to recover...I understand the severity of the injury....but the Human body is very resilient...and given the amount of time he has to heal...I think it really lowers that risk.

Also keep in mind that not every hit he takes is going to have a huge impact on his neck.
He will never recover from this type of neck injury. His only hope is how well he can tolerate the pain.
Trying to finish these sets:
1999 Upper Deck Strike Force Quantum /100
2000 Score Complete Players Green/ Blue
2000 Leaf Piece of the Game Preview 4th Down Isaac Bruce
2008 Premier NFL Equipment /25 John Elway

Let me know if you have any available.