`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Pretty Happy with Upper Deck Right Now!

Pretty Happy with Upper Deck Right Now!
First, to all the Panini haters out there that claim they take too long with redemptions and that Upper Deck was never like that, well I had some Upper Deck redemptions that were over two years old. In fact I had four outstanding Upper Deck redemptions. Of those four, three were over two years old or close to it and one was just over a year old. So yes, Upper Deck was and is still just as slow with some of their redemptions.

So anyway I decided that I had waited long enough so about three or four months ago I called Upper Deck and asked them to send me replacements for the four outstanding redemptions I had with them. I mentioned I collect Jason Kidd so any Kidd autos would be my replacement preference.

The cards I had outstanding were the following:

2009-10 Upper Deck Signature Collection Rajon Rondo
2009-10 Upper Deck Signature Collection Jonny Flynn
2009-10 Upper Deck Signature Collection Wilson Chandler
2009-10 SP Game Used Significance Mo Williams

I had recently heard many collectors saying that Upper Deck seemed to be in the process of catching up on a lot of their redemptions and actively replacing ones they couldn't fulfill. So about a month ago I went back online and checked the status of my redemptions and there was still no change. I quietly cursed under my breath and thought I had better call them again and give them a piece of my mind. Unfortunately that piece of my mind completely forgot to call them.

So fast forward to yesterday when I received a small package from Morrisville, SC. Intrigued I opened up the packaged to find these two beautiful cards inside.

[Image: mhasgj.jpg]

I have no idea what their value would be compared to the redemption cards I should have received but needless to say, since I collect Jason Kidd, I am extremely happy with these two cards as replacements.

The first card is a 2009-10 Exquisite Buyback auto /21 featuring a 2006-07 Exquisite base card.

The second card is a 2007-08 UD Premier Penmanship auto /50

So how do you think I did?

RE: Pretty Happy with Upper Deck Right Now!
Great. even better since you collect him

I am glad ot see that you got something you actually wanted. I have two outstanding UD redemptions (one Rondo) and I doubt I will get even close to what you got. Great pickups!

[Image: Nick.jpg]

The cards are very nice! +1 on eman97's and nickm1123's commnets! Congrats!
[Image: 755bd9c1.jpg]
I will miss you bbills1999
Where are you XstreamInsanity/Jason?

Thanks for the comments guys!

I am pretty happy and have to give UD some credit on this one.

Nick, just call them up and tell them what player you would want as a replacement. That is all I did. Sure, you may not get a Jordan but you might get some nice Ray Allen's.

think those two are awesome replacements.. wish UD would do the same with mine.. but I'm afraid if I ask for a replacement, they will give me autos that i already have.

I have 4 Farmar significance redemptions outstanding. If I ask for a replacement farmar, I'd probably get a card I don't need or don't want.. hard to decide if I want to take teh gamble or not.. and ask for a replacement...
NEED: SPA 08-09 "CITY NAME LETTERS" G, E, S 1/1 & /3 *ALL LAKAERS
NEED: ELITE BLACK BOX LAKERS AUTOS (KAREEM/10 & BAYLOR/24)
MY BUCKETT: http://photobucket.com/jpleazme
*United States Navy*

(10-11-2011, 08:48 AM)jpleazme805 Wrote: think those two are awesome replacements.. wish UD would do the same with mine.. but I'm afraid if I ask for a replacement, they will give me autos that i already have.

I have 4 Farmar significance redemptions outstanding. If I ask for a replacement farmar, I'd probably get a card I don't need or don't want.. hard to decide if I want to take teh gamble or not.. and ask for a replacement...
Yeah that is a hard one especially since you have a lot of Farmar's auto cards already. I would probably wait on the redemptions because at least that way you will know if they cards ever do get issued or not.

As long as you get what you want, there is very little reason to complain. Upper Deck did their best to make you happy. I think you did just fine.

JonathanI
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.