IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
The Hunt for Red October!

RE: The Hunt for Red October!
i think jaime garcia will probably pitch game 1

Man am I annoyed. I fell asleep in the top of the 9th inning for the Brewers/DBacks game and woke up at midnight AFTER the Phillies/Cards game. I've got some awesome timing.

(10-07-2011, 11:17 PM)bigt314 Wrote: Fox Sports Midwest is reporting that Charlie Manuel has said is is a badly sprained ankle with an MRI tomorrow to make sure there is no structural damage.

11 in 11! Go Cards!
Spaz, I also think Lohse goes in Game 1 with Edwin Jackson in Game 2. I believe Carp goes in 3 and Jaime in 4. I would put Jaime in game 2 but he pitches so much better at home vs away.
I've gotta agree with you on the SP's. I LOVE the (11 in '11) #. That would be spectacular! It's crazy how many Wild Card teams have made/won the WS.
RLE--I CAN'T believe you missed out on one of the best/most exciting days of the season. Tongue

Just read on ESPN.com that Ryan Howard said he heard a POP coming out of the batters box. Then he said it was burning in his achilles and felt like he had a flat tire. MRI in the morning.
[Image: stl.jpg]
I build sets, collect Lou Brock & Jeremy Maclin. Both of my sons went to Kirkwood HS with Jeremy. I will also look at Kurt Warner, Big Ben and Old Big Red Auto's.

Sad what a terrible sad way to end the season. Its almost the end of an era now too with Possibly Rollins, Raul, Madson, Oswalt, etc all leaving. Congrats Cards fans.

(10-08-2011, 08:35 AM)jblaze1718 Wrote: Sad what a terrible sad way to end the season. Its almost the end of an era now too with Possibly Rollins, Raul, Madson, Oswalt, etc all leaving. Congrats Cards fans.
Thanks jblaze. Even if the Phillies lose those guys they still have a helluva team coming back next year. Congrats to the Phillies on a great season.

Its been announced that Jaime Garcia will go against Zack Greinke in Game 1.

GO CARDINALS!!!!!
[Image: stl.jpg]
I build sets, collect Lou Brock & Jeremy Maclin. Both of my sons went to Kirkwood HS with Jeremy. I will also look at Kurt Warner, Big Ben and Old Big Red Auto's.

I was at the game. Carpenter & Doc both pitched well. The Phils just hit a wall the last 3 games! Congrats to the Cards but as a Phils fan I am sick. They were atrocious as a whole this series. I don't know how they even won 2 games. Better do some major re-tooling in the offseason.

One cool thing was that we were right above Cards bullpen, they were cool dudes. I have few pics in my bucket of Yadier catching Carps pre game warmups, gives you idea of how close we were.
[Image: 9tnms3F.png]
Collecting Tom Brady, Rob Gonkowski, Mike Trout and Baseball HOF Relics

(10-08-2011, 03:23 PM)demondukk Wrote: I was at the game. Carpenter & Doc both pitched well. The Phils just hit a wall the last 3 games! Congrats to the Cards but as a Phils fan I am sick. They were atrocious as a whole this series. I don't know how they even won 2 games. Better do some major re-tooling in the offseason.

One cool thing was that we were right above Cards bullpen, they were cool dudes. I have few pics in my bucket of Yadier catching Carps pre game warmups, gives you idea of how close we were.
I'd love to see your pics! PLZ post them in this thread. Doc did a great job after the first 2 AB's. I am still SHOCKED that those 1st two AB's were the difference in the final score!
I have to disagree with this statement though: "They were atrocious as a whole this series. I don't know how they even won 2 games."
The Phils destroyed the Cards in Game 1. I was sooooooo pissed midway through Game 1, that I stopped watching. When I changed the channel, the score was 6-3 after the Cards gave up a huge 3 run HR and ANOTHER HR!!! I was not expecting more than 1 win in the series for the Cards at that point.
Being somewhat superstitious, I did not watch MOST of the 2nd/3rd games. I did watch a lot of the final 2 though! I couldn't help myself! Wink

(10-08-2011, 08:35 AM)jblaze1718 Wrote: Sad what a terrible sad way to end the season. Its almost the end of an era now too with Possibly Rollins, Raul, Madson, Oswalt, etc all leaving. Congrats Cards fans.
First off, Congrats to the Cardinals and their fans, you were the better team. IMO it is truly the end of an era in Phillies baseball but I hope I am wrong. I believe that the window for this group to win another World Series is just about shut if not completely shut. Rollins is probably gone, and Utley and Howard are in the beginning of a what will be a consistent decline over the next few years. Like I said to a Mets fan in a different forum, I think in a couple years the Phillies will be stuck with bad contracts and will basically suck like the Mets do now. I love the team and will continue to root for them but this is what I see coming. The only tiny bit of consolation for me is that the bandwagon jumping idiot Phillies fans who know nothing about baseball and were laughing at the Cardinals chances are now jumping off the bandwagon and eating crow and sour grapes. Maybe they will stay away so tickets will be easier to get. Guess I will be rooting for Detroit to win the World Series now
(10-08-2011, 03:23 PM)demondukk Wrote: I was at the game. Carpenter & Doc both pitched well. The Phils just hit a wall the last 3 games!
No they didn't hit a wall. They actually didn't hit anything period the last 3 games and that was the problem. They need a 3B, SS, LF, and bullpen help including a Closer (hopefully Madson re-signs) or the Braves will win the division next year no matter who we have pitching

I love the Cardinals chances against the Brewers. Same as the last month, few people give them a shot. Which of course means they'll probably exceed everyone's expectations again. With all the talking the Brewers have done they'll be feeling the pressure. This is going to be an amazing series for sure!
[Image: ozziesmithbanner.jpg]
Always collecting Ozzie Smith!