`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello, I am unfamiliar with BGS grading. Is it possible to remove a graded card slab?

Hello, I am unfamiliar with BGS grading. Is it possible to remove a graded card slab?
Hi,

I thank everyone for helping me out and I am sorry if my post is not in the correct forum.

I have a card coming to me in graded form that I need in the ''raw'' form and I wanted to see if there is any method of going about getting it removed? Can I do it myself or do I need to take it somewhere or have it sent to Beckett? The card is worth over $100 so I really do not want to damage it but I prefer not to spend an exorbitant amount on shipping/handling etc.

If anyone can help me out I really appreciate it and I thank you very much.

-Matt

RE: Hello, I am unfamiliar with BGS grading. Is it possible to remove a graded card slab?
By and large the community here is going to tell you not to do it. There's a lot of youtube videos giving tips on how to remove cards, but again I advise against it.

Also as I understand it, it is requested you send in the bgs label back to BGS to update population reports.
Seeking 2007 National Treasures Drew Brees Laundry Tag cards #'d to 10.
Trade/Buy for: Saints and Frank Thomas

Hobby instagram

RE: Hello, I am unfamiliar with BGS grading. Is it possible to remove a graded card slab?
Yeah, I am ok with doing that, I rather not take the risk like I said, the card is worth $100+.

How do I go about sending it in? Is there some cost that is associated with removing it from the holder and the population report? How about shipping? Turnaround Time?

I think you misunderstood me. I don't think BGS will remove the card. I'm saying if you DO remove the card, send the label in to them so they will know that graded card #XXXXXXX is no longer in the population of graded cards and they can adjust accordingly.

Hobby instagram

Crack it yourself. Its easy if you take your time. Or, Send it to me and I will do it and return the card to you for $20.
[Image: Redskins_banner_1.gif]
[Image: Steelers_banner_1.gif]

it turns out BGS will remove it for me for $3 &SH

(10-10-2011, 10:50 PM)DoubleEnvelopment Wrote: it turns out BGS will remove it for me for $3 &SH
Interesting development. Thanks for the tidbit.

Hobby instagram

I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to grading and I'm just curious...why would you ever want/need to remove a card from a grading case?

Some people may want to submit it for re-grading, usually that would happen with PSA->BGS grading or vice versa. It's possible the person may want to remove it to send it to the same company to grade, just to prove a point.

Other people are quite against graded stuff in general, my only guess at that is that it throws off their collection and they don't like it.

Other than that, it may have just received an insignificant grade, and the value of the grade is less important to the person than the uniformity of their collection.

Actually I want to remove it because it's a Magic: The Gathering gaming card and it's not in the greatest shape... It would never get say an 8 or 9. It is a rare from the first printing (Alpha) and there were only 1,100 of each rare printed so it was the only copy I could find. I want to use it in my deck, therefore I want it out.