`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
New Project

New Project
Alright, I'm done with my T206 Red Sox team set and am getting ready to begin my next project.

I am going to be picking up one card of each baseball player, if they have one, that earned either the Bronze Star, Silver Star, Medal of Honor, or Purple Heart. Some of the players were awarded more than one of these so it shortens the list a little, not that it's all that big in the first place. I would like, if possible, to have each card be from a different set.

In any event, on a whim I shot the hall of fame an email asking if they had information about baseball players that had earned the Bronze Star since that was my primary objective that has since expanded. They shot me a pretty comprehensive spreadsheet that includes tabs for all Japanese players, minor league players, major league players, and negro league players that served in the military spanning from the Spanish-American War up to Vietnam. It's got loads of basic biographical information on these guys plus some other interesting information.

Anyway, if anybody is out there that is actually interested in this stuff and would like the spreadsheet, shoot me a PM with your email address and I'll send it to you. It's pretty interesting reading up on some of these guys.

RE: New Project
I love hearing about other people's projects Smile
[Image: yrBtR.png]
Collecting Reds and A's (especially Joey Votto, Bronson Arroyo, and Josh Reddick)

How do you come up with these ideas? Great project good luck!

Great idea! Good luck on your searching!
Collect anything Hockey and Baseball. My current PC's include Phil Coke, Koji Uehara, Scott Baker, Shaun Marcum, Josh Beckett, and Jamie Doornbosch.
[Image: 24698j9.png]
Thanks to bustin 5 knots for the banner!

(10-05-2011, 10:14 PM)ricelynnevans75 Wrote: Anyway, if anybody is out there that is actually interested in this stuff and would like the spreadsheet, shoot me a PM with your email address and I'll send it to you. It's pretty interesting reading up on some of these guys.
Sending you a PM. I'd like to read more about this. Nice idea for a project good luck with it!!!
[Image: fgdfdgdfgdfgdf.jpg]
CARD COUNT: (Met cards - 15655)      (Piazza - 1610)      (Wright - 759)

great idea!
[Image: WillTheThrillSig.jpg]

(10-05-2011, 10:14 PM)ricelynnevans75 Wrote: Alright, I'm done with my T206 Red Sox team set and am getting ready to begin my next project.

I am going to be picking up one card of each baseball player, if they have one, that earned either the Bronze Star, Silver Star, Medal of Honor, or Purple Heart. Some of the players were awarded more than one of these so it shortens the list a little, not that it's all that big in the first place. I would like, if possible, to have each card be from a different set.

In any event, on a whim I shot the hall of fame an email asking if they had information about baseball players that had earned the Bronze Star since that was my primary objective that has since expanded. They shot me a pretty comprehensive spreadsheet that includes tabs for all Japanese players, minor league players, major league players, and negro league players that served in the military spanning from the Spanish-American War up to Vietnam. It's got loads of basic biographical information on these guys plus some other interesting information.

Anyway, if anybody is out there that is actually interested in this stuff and would like the spreadsheet, shoot me a PM with your email address and I'll send it to you. It's pretty interesting reading up on some of these guys.
That's a cool idea for a project. Good luck on completing it!
*Please note that in all of my future trades, I will require extra time to ship. I have no adequate transportation to a post office. If you don't want to wait, please do not trade with me.*

(10-05-2011, 10:18 PM)bustin 5 knots Wrote: I love hearing about other people's projects Smile
So you're saying your down with OPP?