`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
T206 Red Sox Team Set: "That's a Wrap!"

RE: T206 Red Sox Team Set: "That's a Wrap!"
(10-05-2011, 10:02 PM)ricelynnevans75 Wrote: Thanks. I considered doing the run of 205, 206, and 207 but for now I think I'm good with the 206. I might do the 205 at some point but don't know.

My next project is actually going to be a baseball/military one. I contacted the Hall of Fame and they shot me a spreadsheet of all former ball players who served in the military. I was shocked at what they sent me as it was much more comprehensive than I thought it would be. Has separate tabs for Japanese players/minor league/pro/negro league players. I'm going to pick up a card, if they have one, of all the players that were awarded the Bronze Star (primary target), Silver Star, Medal of Honor, and the Purple Heart. The list isn't too long at all and some players are repeats in the categories. I'm going to try and split it up so that I have a different year/brand for each player.

Before I get heavy into that though, the rest of my modern is going bye-bye. As I said earlier in the week, I've had it with that stuff and want to just get it out of here. Aside from approximately 50-75 cards, all my modern is gone.

Thanks! Many of them have the lower grades but it's due to something on the back. The fronts look great in person. Just another example of "buy the card and not the label".
That war player set would be cool. I do recall only one player in the minors was killed in WWI I will try to find the name but then again that list may have the name that the HOF got you.
[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]

(10-06-2011, 08:32 AM)radarblip Wrote: Good Work! as always Bill. I admire your 'Stick-to-It' personality.

Maybe for your Military project, you could narrow it down to just those in the Army or any Branch. Might make it easier. Lol, I was going to do Ex-Marines a few years back but could never put together a complete list.

Good Luck...Mel
My initial intent was to just do Bronze Star award winners from the Army but the list wasn't as big as I thought it was so I expanded to include the other awards. Most, if not all, were Army or Marines.

If you want the spreadsheet, I can email it to you. It states what branch of the service each player was in. Just let me know.

Love the look of the cards. Will like to start getting more into it, but trying to finish some 50's and 60s sets before I dedicate more budget on tobacco cards.

what a beautiful team set, thanks for sharing! Someday I'll pick up a T-206 or two for my Red Sox collection. Good luck on your next project!

Scott
50,000+ Red Sox cards and counting.

Great cards....some of them look better than a "2".....do the scans hide some creases or paper loss? Look more like a 3 or 3.5 for some.....

Awesome stuff. I enjoyed looking at them and congrats.
23isit's bucket
Collecting hall of famer GU and auto's. Todays stars
[Image: philliesbanner2.jpg]