Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recommend a Box

Recommend a Box
Hey guys,

Birthday's coming up and as a small scale collector, getting a box is a big deal for me. With around 100 bucks in my pocket, what should I look into for getting the most "bang for buck" in terms of trade or re-sale value?

I know that the hobby is not about making money, but as I said, I'm a small collector - so cards have to be move-able for cards that I really want.

Suggestions?

Thanks!
nange
[Image: torts_banner.jpg]
Photobucket of some cards

RE: Recommend a Box
If your looking for cheap vintage boxes, try Atlanta Sports Cards. They had a pop-up banner on the Beckett home page, so I clicked on it. Bought boxes a few months ago from them. Pulled a Zetterberg RC Auto and 2 Mario Lemieux jerseys. Look at the 02-03 and 03-04 boxes for great bargains.

hey depends on where you live

and also do you want older stuff or newer stuff?
using tracking numbers (all US and some Can)

Thanks for the advice, rvelligan .

I prefer newer stuff because I TTM the bases, but if there's a deal - I wouldn't mind going to the mid 2000s.

I live in Toronto Tongue
[Image: torts_banner.jpg]
Photobucket of some cards

(10-05-2011, 02:15 PM)the_nange Wrote: Thanks for the advice, rvelligan .

I prefer newer stuff because I TTM the bases, but if there's a deal - I wouldn't mind going to the mid 2000s.

I live in Toronto Tongue
if you want, go to the expo in Nov, sometimes you can get a good price on a wax box

so I been told
using tracking numbers (all US and some Can)

Yeah dude, save your money until the expo and you'll be able to get a box of the newest ITG product and get to pull a free 1/1 redemption also Big Grin I go to the expo every year and it only makes sense to wait the month and bust boxes there,
Always looking for:

Johnny Bower
John Tavares
John De Gray
Unscratched redemptions (low or high-end)
A&G Minis (Check my thread)
Non-sport (Prominent Cuts, Marvel, GPK, Vintage etc..)
Gaming (Pokemon, MTG, Yu-gi-oh, etc..)

Bucket: http://s1185.photobucket.com/albums/z342/staples29/