`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any recourse to this (ebay shipping related)

RE: Any recourse to this (ebay shipping related)
the question is did it state anywhere in the auction that they would be shipped any other way for instance in a bubble envelope ? If not then you should always assume the worst and hope for the best. If the auction didn't state that it wouldn't be shipped in a PWE then you kinda have to chalk it up to experience and be grateful that the cards arrived in good condition and remember to ask the seller next time before bidding.

I get that $4 shipping you automatically assume it's going to be in a bubble envelope at the very least but you should never assume anything. Because alot of time especially if the seller feels they got the short end they will say " Screw this that guy just took me to the cleaners so I'm going to ship this the cheapest way possible and make up some money on the shipping ". Yes that's the wrong way to think but it's just the reality of things.

So basically long story short like others have said leave possitive feedback but maybe only give him 2 or 3 stars and explain why.

Wow and I only charge $3.00 unless I plan to insure it then its $5.00. This includes the Bubble wrap, top loader and if its an expensive card I normally double protect it. But yet I have gotten a few low shipping scores still. I would give him a bad shipping feedback and note it on the feedback this way buyers know what to expect.
Derek Jeter Collector from 1992-1996. 305 out of 306 99% complete.

1450/1919 1990's Jeter cards 76%

[Image: scan0116-1.jpg]

I used to charge $2.50 for shipping. I got the price based only off of what the majority of sellers were charging. All the auctions were shipped in bubble mailers, sleeves into toploader into team resealable bag. No one ever complained and I always state exactly how the card would be shipped. Well after a while eBay contacted me and said that my numbers in the shipping department were slipping and I would have to improve them to continue selling. Now most of my auctions are at $2 and higher end stuff I ship free. Still ship the same way and my postage plus supplies stay barely under $2 and I am ok with that....but still when I am buying I still see people charging $3 and sometimes $4 to ship single cards which just boggles my mind how they can get away with that. So I no longer bid on any auctions the shipping is more than $2.50 and I don't bid on anything where they will not combine shipping. So far when I get something shipped to me in a PWE as long as there is no damage I leave positive feedback (only to avoid them leaving negative for me) but when you give how many stars for service and shipping and so on I put zero. Just my opinion and feelings on the subject. Thanks

(10-04-2011, 12:30 AM)jhutson Wrote: So far when I get something shipped to me in a PWE as long as there is no damage I leave positive feedback (only to avoid them leaving negative for me) but when you give how many stars for service and shipping and so on I put zero. Just my opinion and feelings on the subject. Thanks
+1
[Image: thCA4A41M6_zps6c3e4a45.jpg]

I like to know how ebay can say $2.50 for shipping is to much? If you do the paypal way which I do it cost $1.75 with DC and if you go to the post office it cost $2.51. This is not to include the bubble wrap, ink used, top holder, and team bag, not to mention the trip to the post office. To me if you think $3.00 is to much then there crazy as you would make little to no profit. Most people who bid on auctions account for the shipping before bidding so how can you leave a bad feedback for it. I will drop my prices after I stop buying my bubble wrap from walmart at around 50 cent each. I need to get it from ebay just havent yet.

(10-04-2011, 12:30 AM)jhutson Wrote: I used to charge $2.50 for shipping. I got the price based only off of what the majority of sellers were charging. All the auctions were shipped in bubble mailers, sleeves into toploader into team resealable bag. No one ever complained and I always state exactly how the card would be shipped. Well after a while eBay contacted me and said that my numbers in the shipping department were slipping and I would have to improve them to continue selling. Now most of my auctions are at $2 and higher end stuff I ship free. Still ship the same way and my postage plus supplies stay barely under $2 and I am ok with that....but still when I am buying I still see people charging $3 and sometimes $4 to ship single cards which just boggles my mind how they can get away with that. So I no longer bid on any auctions the shipping is more than $2.50 and I don't bid on anything where they will not combine shipping. So far when I get something shipped to me in a PWE as long as there is no damage I leave positive feedback (only to avoid them leaving negative for me) but when you give how many stars for service and shipping and so on I put zero. Just my opinion and feelings on the subject. Thanks

A couple people have mentioned that it is the only way to "make a little profit" or "the seller never said" what kind of envelope.

Still, it is against ebay policy to charge more for shipping than it actually costs (specifically says that mileage-gas or the trip to the post office cannot be charged).

So if the guy sends in a PWE but charges $4, I will definitely give him 1 star on shipping costs. It is the 1 and 2 stars that will hurt his ability to sell.

As for worrying about him retaliating on feedback, he cannot leave anything but a positive for a buyer (and if you are worried about him buying something of yours just to leave negative - block him from bidding on your items.).

ebay is all about the buyers now, and shipping costs is one of their main focal points on getting people to buy more.

Ken
CURRENT NEEDS:
*2011 Topps Black Diamond Wrapper Redemptions (wants marked in ORG)
*All Carl Edwards Cards I don't have (wants marked in ORG)
*Marcus Thornton, Kevin Johnson (NBA)
*"Air Coryell" San Diego Chargers
[Image: 6802037740_e2e39685ee.jpg]

But without people selling stuff they can't make money off of them. I believe as long as you are shipping with bubble wrap and going though paypal that there should something where ebay can look and say it cost him at least $2.00 if not more to ship it to you so the lowest feedback you can give him on shipping is a 3 if you charge $3.00 for shipping. If you try and charge 10 for a single card you better have it insured for alot. I try to make it as the shipping is on them and if I make any profit on shipping its pennys as it cost me atleast $2.50 to ship it out.

(10-04-2011, 01:16 AM)hellsbells Wrote: A couple people have mentioned that it is the only way to "make a little profit" or "the seller never said" what kind of envelope.

Still, it is against ebay policy to charge more for shipping than it actually costs (specifically says that mileage-gas or the trip to the post office cannot be charged).

So if the guy sends in a PWE but charges $4, I will definitely give him 1 star on shipping costs. It is the 1 and 2 stars that will hurt his ability to sell.

As for worrying about him retaliating on feedback, he cannot leave anything but a positive for a buyer (and if you are worried about him buying something of yours just to leave negative - block him from bidding on your items.).

ebay is all about the buyers now, and shipping costs is one of their main focal points on getting people to buy more.

Ken

I agree that with shipments done through PayPal they would know the actual shipping costs and could control the DSR ratings somewhat. That is what they do when the item is free shipping (shipping DSR automatically gets 5 stars).

I think that the people charging $4 haven't gotten enough 1 or 2 star ratings yet.

I have switched to free shipping on just about all of my auctions - just start the bidding a little higher - hasn't seemed to affect my sales much except on low $ singles - which ebay isn't really good for selling those anyway.

CURRENT NEEDS:
*2011 Topps Black Diamond Wrapper Redemptions (wants marked in ORG)
*All Carl Edwards Cards I don't have (wants marked in ORG)
*Marcus Thornton, Kevin Johnson (NBA)
*"Air Coryell" San Diego Chargers
[Image: 6802037740_e2e39685ee.jpg]

(10-03-2011, 07:09 PM)geauxbravos Wrote: I recently won 2 auctions totaling $33+ for a couple of autographs (Kimbrel, Belt). I received them today, in toploaders, in a PWE. No extra padding, nothing. The Belt was actually partially out of the toploader. At first glance, it doesn't appear that the cards are damaged.

I know what a lot of you will say - I received the cards in good condition, I should leave positive feedback and be on my way. My issue though is that I was charged $4 for shipping which included one PWE, two toploaders, and one stamp. Is there any recourse to this or do I just chalk it up to lesson learned and be glad I don't have to resend the cards.

Thanks for any input.
Dude! It's for 'Shipping AND HANDLING!!!!'
I f'n hate customers like you. Get a clue! And stop being such a jerk!

(10-04-2011, 05:02 AM)ricochetrob Wrote: Dude! It's for 'Shipping AND HANDLING!!!!'
I f'n hate customers like you. Get a clue! And stop being such a jerk!
So what your saying is its alright to spend less than a dollar to ship and card he paid you $4.00 to ship? There is nothing you can say that will make that right. I will always expect if I pay $3.00 or more to have a bubble wrap envalope with the card in there. If you mention it on the auction that you ship with a PWE alot of people might not bid as they would be scared the card would be damaged.