`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Who do you "Dark Horse" Collect and why?

RE: Who do you "Dark Horse" Collect and why?
(10-03-2011, 09:52 PM)spazmatastic Wrote: Agreed.
As for Keary Colbert, he joined the Panthers at the wrong time. No RC was going to supplant Steve Smith and Muhsin Muhammad. Colbert just wasn't impressive enough when Muhsin left for Chicago. Then the Panthers thought (for some unknown reason) that Dwayne Jarrett was better than Keary, so they got rid of him. I think they should have kept Keary and ditched Jarrett, but oh well. Now I wish they'd bench Naanee and start LaFell. Naanee can't catch anything thrown his way by Cam. LaFell only misses the catch when very tightly covered.
yeah idk why nobody kept him though. I mean he was a pretty good college player and did have a respectable rookie year. Im hoping he can finish his career of as a veteran playing as the 3rd/4th WR. Hes only 28 so who knows whats to come.
[Image: kc.png]

THE KEARY COLBERT HOARD NOW HAS OVER 500 DIFFERENT CARDS!
& MORE THAN 1500+ WITH 500+ AUTOS

Another guy that was a eye opener is torrey smith. His first starting game, 3 TD's! Unfortunately when Lee Evans is healthy, smith is gonna be on the sidelines or at best a optional 3rd receiver. Another guy that given a shot can do great things

Gates i think will be a hit when the game slows down for him. Its kinda like yor first day of college. You get there, everything seems like such a rush and fast paced, hectic and you feel like oh god im never gonna make it. 4 years later and your like wow that was easy lol. Thats Edmond Gates and he has it all, just give him time and he will be awesome.

[Image: Dmurray29.jpg]
PC: Dez Bryant, Felix Jones, Demarco Murray.

(10-03-2011, 11:08 PM)CowboysFanatic Wrote: Another guy that was a eye opener is torrey smith. His first starting game, 3 TD's! Unfortunately when Lee Evans is healthy, smith is gonna be on the sidelines or at best a optional 3rd receiver. Another guy that given a shot can do great things

Gates i think will be a hit when the game slows down for him. Its kinda like yor first day of college. You get there, everything seems like such a rush and fast paced, hectic and you feel like oh god im never gonna make it. 4 years later and your like wow that was easy lol. Thats Edmond Gates and he has it all, just give him time and he will be awesome.
Honestely I couldnt agree more with that about gates. I also said Legarrette Blount if he could get his head together and especially when he came to the bucs I was thinking of trying to supercollect him now look where he is.
Betts Hursh Kimbrel Smile

[Image: bd2740c1-d591-4332-b7b1-0528f205c994_zpsdbff6c02.jpg]

I drafted Torrey Smith in my keeper league, guy can be a stud. BAL would be stupid to put Evans in after Smith's impact. See those downfield blocks he made? There's a reason Lee Evans wasn't wanted anymore in BUF.
[Image: BeckettBanner.jpg]

Jacquizz PC
Total = (259/354) 73%
Total minus 1/1 = (236/252) 94%

(10-03-2011, 11:11 PM)mcleodfive Wrote: Honestely I couldnt agree more with that about gates. I also said Legarrette Blount if he could get his head together and especially when he came to the bucs I was thinking of trying to supercollect him now look where he is.
lol ya he aint so cheap no more. I still remember his goal line TD's from some of his 1st games and thinking this is the guy the bucs have been looking for since mike alstott. if i had of been back into collecting then, i would of gathered all i could.
(10-03-2011, 11:15 PM)mattfastiggi Wrote: I drafted Torrey Smith in my keeper league, guy can be a stud. BAL would be stupid to put Evans in after Smith's impact. See those downfield blocks he made? There's a reason Lee Evans wasn't wanted anymore in BUF.
he showed he wants to play and he has that passion your not gonna find often, at least not in lee evans.
[Image: Dmurray29.jpg]
PC: Dez Bryant, Felix Jones, Demarco Murray.

i Never considered Blount a Dark horse. if the punch didnt happen he would have been a 1st round pick. The punch itself was so out of character for him. I live in eugene and to this day i here so many stories about how kind he was during his time here. after practice one day he stayed and played football with my friends little kids for more then 20 minutes.

there's also a rumor around here about what exactly was said to him before the punch and if its true then no one can blame him for what he did
collecting LeGarrette Blount, Colt Lyerla & other Ducks
[Image: youngducks-1.png]
[Image: inceptionrainbow3.jpg]

(10-03-2011, 11:33 PM)rogue655 Wrote: i Never considered Blount a Dark horse. if the punch didnt happen he would have been a 1st round pick. The punch itself was so out of character for him. I live in eugene and to this day i here so many stories about how kind he was during his time here. after practice one day he stayed and played football with my friends little kids for more then 20 minutes.

there's also a rumor around here about what exactly was said to him before the punch and if its true then no one can blame him for what he did
LeGarrette walked away after he said what he needed to say. He knew he lost and walked away. It was the other guy who kept on after him and still taunting him after LeGarrette backed down. In my eyes he deserved to get clocked.
Appearance over book value. I've seen some real high-end doozies....

I collect Jeremy Kerley because I coached him in HS, and he is a great kid.
I would guess my sons have the biggest collection of his cards out there!

(10-05-2011, 09:42 AM)rinzler Wrote: LeGarrette walked away after he said what he needed to say. He knew he lost and walked away. It was the other guy who kept on after him and still taunting him after LeGarrette backed down. In my eyes he deserved to get clocked.
If the guy said what they reported he said, I am glad he got his face beaten in... Too bad it cost Blount the first round and a big paycheck, but I must admit I quite enjoyed it...Wink
JAXON SHIPLEY SUPER COLLECTOR-PAYPAL ALWAYS AVAILABLE!!!Big Grin