Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vending Box Trimming Issues
Sad 
Vending Box Trimming Issues
I recently submitted 8 cards from several 1982 topps vending box and BGS is claiming that 6 of the cards have been trimmed. I was very surprised and upset by this because I've submitted several cards in the past from the same lot of vending boxes and they came back with no issues. Also I'm pretty certain the vending boxes have not been searched or tampered with. I've purchased numerous vending boxes and I've seen boxes were tampering has occurred.

Until I receive the cards I will not be able to see why the cards are claimed to be trimmed but I went through the last vending box I submitted cards from. There is definitely a subtle variation of height and width of the cards. Since I live in the Dallas area I would definitely be willing to bring this box into Beckett to show the variation of size from this Topps vending box.

I've sent an email to grading@beckett.com and customerservice@Beckett.com explaining were the cards were pulled from and my previous experience in getting them graded through Beckett. Hopefully I will get a response back.

Has anyone had a similar experience when submitting cards from Topps vending boxes?

RE: Vending Box Trimming Issues
(10-01-2011, 10:29 AM)guadzilla Wrote: I recently submitted 8 cards from several 1982 topps vending box and BGS is claiming that 6 of the cards have been trimmed. I was very surprised and upset by this because I've submitted several cards in the past from the same lot of vending boxes and they came back with no issues. Also I'm pretty certain the vending boxes have not been searched or tampered with. I've purchased numerous vending boxes and I've seen boxes were tampering has occurred.

Until I receive the cards I will not be able to see why the cards are claimed to be trimmed but I went through the last vending box I submitted cards from. There is definitely a subtle variation of height and width of the cards. Since I live in the Dallas area I would definitely be willing to bring this box into Beckett to show the variation of size from this Topps vending box.

I've sent an email to grading@beckett.com and customerservice@Beckett.com explaining were the cards were pulled from and my previous experience in getting them graded through Beckett. Hopefully I will get a response back.

Has anyone had a similar experience when submitting cards from Topps vending boxes?
I'm answering so that you know someone is reading this. I've never submitted cards from vending boxes. I don't even know what a vending box is. I've seen on eBay where sellers are selling them and I wondered what they were.

So sorry I was ofno help.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

Factory mis-cut is also classified under trimmed category. With a factory mis-cut, there is nothing you can do about it. If it doesn't meet the standard height and width specs of a card, beckett will label it "altered". Whether it was done by the manufacturer or not, will not change beckett's criteria for the allowable height and width dimensions.

Once you get the cards back, you can compare them to the other cards you have from the same set.
I have a very rare michael jordan card signed by john salley!!!

I just got a response from customer service and the reiterated what you stated. They basically said quality control was bad in the 80's so card size variations is a common issue. Also, I spoke to my brother who had a trimmed card issue with a card pulled from a pack. When I read around other forums I found that people had similar issues when submitting to PSA but if the card did not meet the size threshold, you would receive a voucher to submit a different card. It would be nice if Beckett Grading implemented this too.

SPAMMER -ACCOUNT PERMABANNED

^^^ What the heck?
Seeking 2007 National Treasures Drew Brees Laundry Tag cards #'d to 10.
Trade/Buy for: Saints and Frank Thomas

Hobby instagram

(03-14-2013, 08:43 AM)y2hood Wrote: ^^^ What the heck?
Thats what I said lol
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC

(03-14-2013, 08:43 AM)y2hood Wrote: ^^^ What the heck?
When I saw his response, I was like what is he talking about. I looked at the title of the thread and said, this doesn't make any sense. I had responded earlier in the thread, like 1 and a half years ago. So color me confused when I got an email that there had been a new response.

I think that it's probably spam.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!