`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which price guide?

Which price guide?
I have the 2011 Standard Catalog and the monthly Beckett. It amazes me as I go through my collection and compare prices. The differences are crazy. For example, Griffey 1999 UD MVP ProSign Auto. Standard Catalog: $80. Beckett: $350! What do I make of that?! I know I can't get it for $80. Also, Griffey 1999 UD Game Jersey Auto /24. Standard Catalog: $150!! No way that's a $150 card! That seems way too low! Beckett doesn't list a price.

What do you guys think?

RE: Which price guide?
Check eBay completed auctions on eBay if you want a good idea of what you could sell a card for.
[Image: 1849c983.jpg]

(09-30-2011, 09:55 PM)dschol87 Wrote: I have the 2011 Standard Catalog and the monthly Beckett. It amazes me as I go through my collection and compare prices. The differences are crazy. For example, Griffey 1999 UD MVP ProSign Auto. Standard Catalog: $80. Beckett: $350! What do I make of that?! I know I can't get it for $80. Also, Griffey 1999 UD Game Jersey Auto /24. Standard Catalog: $150!! No way that's a $150 card! That seems way too low! Beckett doesn't list a price.

What do you guys think?
If you're using the guides with the intent of selling you can check completed auctions on ebay to get a better idea what a card is going to sell for. But for pricing as a guide most will go by Beckett pricing.
Collecting: Auto's, G/U Jsy/Bat, Refractors, etc.., Harper, Trout, Jeter, Mantle, Rivera, Pujols,Ripken, Griffey Jr, Heyward, Cal Ripken Jr., Posey,
Other Auto's, GU cards will be considered

I think what he is saying the paper guide and the Online Price Guide are very different on some cards. I have ran into this problem as well when I tried to trade a card that is worth $120.00 online and the guy was looking at the paper guide saying it was only worth $40.00 as he had to use the multiplier to figure it out. You would think they would get it straight so they both look alike on there prices.
Derek Jeter Collector from 1992-1996. 305 out of 306 99% complete.

1450/1919 1990's Jeter cards 76%

[Image: scan0116-1.jpg]

(09-30-2011, 09:55 PM)dschol87 Wrote: I have the 2011 Standard Catalog and the monthly Beckett. It amazes me as I go through my collection and compare prices. The differences are crazy. For example, Griffey 1999 UD MVP ProSign Auto. Standard Catalog: $80. Beckett: $350! What do I make of that?! I know I can't get it for $80. Also, Griffey 1999 UD Game Jersey Auto /24. Standard Catalog: $150!! No way that's a $150 card! That seems way too low! Beckett doesn't list a price.

What do you guys think?
The monthly would have the latest information.