`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BGS Labels

BGS Labels
I have a few questions about BGS Slab labels? Why are the Categories (Centering, Corners, etc) sometimes on the front of the label and sometimes on the back? Why are the Autograph grades sometimes on the front, sometimes on the back, or sometimes non-existent? As someone who is a bit OCD about their collection, I like things to be uniform and consistent. Do you get a choice or is it completely random?

RE: BGS Labels
I don't know about labels being on the front/back.
I've heard about the grades being on the back, the auto grades being on the back etc.
I've had 28 cards done in 2 orders and everything was on the front where you'd expect it.

About the auto grade not being there; getting the auto graded is an option, and an extra $1-$2 per auto depending on what price bracket your order falls into.

If you see a graded auto card with no auto grade, it was that person's decision to not pay for it.

Thanks. So if you pay to get the auto grade, they decide whether it goes on the front or back?

(09-30-2011, 06:41 PM)kr0n420 Wrote: I don't know about labels being on the front/back.
I've heard about the grades being on the back, the auto grades being on the back etc.
I've had 28 cards done in 2 orders and everything was on the front where you'd expect it.

About the auto grade not being there; getting the auto graded is an option, and an extra $1-$2 per auto depending on what price bracket your order falls into.

If you see a graded auto card with no auto grade, it was that person's decision to not pay for it.
I have the answers to your questions. I've been dealing with Beckett Graded cards for a long time. As far as the subgrades being on the back versus the front, it depends on when the cards were graded. The cards that were graded first had the subgrades on the back. I don't know exactly when the switch occurred, but my best guess is at least since 2007. Most likely it was 2006 or even 2005. As far as the Auto grade goes, Beckett didn't used to grade the Auto. Then, when they started grading the Auto the grade went on the back with the other subgrades. Then that changed. The Auto grade went on the front (along with the card's subgrades) on it's own label. Now, the Auto grade goes on the back of the label. Personally, I liked it when the Auto grade went on the front on it's own label. As far as the $2 surcharge for Auto'ed cards, it's not optional. If you submit a certified auto'ed card, you must pay the $2 charge for each certified auto'ed card that you submit.

I hope that this helps. If you need more help, just ask.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

Thanks for clearing that up. So at this point, there's no way I can get the auto grade on the front? They're completely done with that? Makes no sense to go back and forth like that. Choose a format and stick with it.

I don't believe you're forced to get AUs graded, I think if you just don't check/mark the box, they won't grade it and that's that. I could be wrong of course. I've never wanted a card graded without getting the auto graded as well, so it hasnt come up for me.

dschol87 - as for the labelling, nolan's history would be far more extensive than mine, I can't give you timelines and all but apparently there was a switch or two to the formatting. All of my submissions (starting in Spring 2011) have come back with subgrades and auto grade on the front label.

Like this:
[Image: 2011-06-21151558.jpg]

(10-01-2011, 06:49 AM)kr0n420 Wrote: I don't believe you're forced to get AUs graded, I think if you just don't check/mark the box, they won't grade it and that's that. I could be wrong of course. I've never wanted a card graded without getting the auto graded as well, so it hasnt come up for me.
If it autographed, and the card is being graded, you must pay to have the auto graded.
[Image: Redskins_banner_1.gif]
[Image: Steelers_banner_1.gif]

(10-01-2011, 08:18 AM)alifaxwa2 Wrote: If it autographed, and the card is being graded, you must pay to have the auto graded.
Ah, well how bout that Tongue
Like I said I never wanted an AU card graded without an AU grade, so it never came up Tongue

Also I wanna say props to us for fastest moving/most active thread in at least the BGS forums since I've been here Big Grin

Cheers!

This may be late but in a recently received submission (22 cards 3 weeks ago) half were auto grades on the back and half were on the front.
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC