`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Completely full of emblems

Completely full of emblems
What a month it has been! I have been able to add quite a few extremely limited cards with some great swatches. The past month has been the perfect storm with the release of Dominion and some people deciding to part with some truly spectacular cards.

Lets ease into things with a card from the lockout season:

2004-05 Pacific Jersey /850

[Image: 2004-05-Pacific-Jersey.jpg]

This one has a nice two color jersey piece with some loose threads. This is the only copy of this card I have been able to find with a multi-color piece but I am sure there are a few more floating around. This card comes from the last Pacific set made as Pacific released it just prior to their license expiring in 2004. I have had a very difficult time finding multi-color swatches from the last few sets Pacific released at the end of the 2003-04 season and this 2004-05 set.

Now that we are warmed up, lets take this up a notch with the first of my recent Dominion purchases to arrive, I have a few more that should be here in a week or two:

2010-11 Dominion Prime Jersey Patch /25

[Image: 2010-11-Dominion-Patch.jpg]

This is the second of my Dominion stuff to arrive. I am still waiting on a couple numbers and a nameplate. I have tried to wait for the prices to come down a bit on these unless the patch is just too good or the print run is extremely limited. So far my patience has paid off. I can’t wait for the rest of them to come in.

Now for the five stars. All of these could easily have been a number one star in their own post, I just happened to pick them all up in the last few weeks. Let me know if I got the order right.

At 1E:

2010-11 ITG Heroes and Prospects Hero and Prospect Memorabilia /10

[Image: 2010-11-ITG-HP-HPMem-Gold.jpg]

This is the first 2010-11 card I have picked up from In the Game and has another nice seam. I really enjoy adding swatches like this to my collection. The three color Couturier swatch is just a nice little bonus.

At 1D:

2010-11 Dominion Jersey Prime Brand Logo /5

[Image: 2010-11-Dominion-Brand-Logo.jpg]

Sweet chunk of the Nike Swoosh! I have wanted to add a piece like to my collection since I first saw the UM10 tag. It is easily one of the most unique and identifiable swatches in my collection. This is the second tag I have, my Aurora patch has a piece of the CCM logo. I know a lot of people have been bagging on “the low end crap” that is in Dominion but I for one really like the Number/Patch/Logo/Laundry Tag concept. I have been missing that since BAP stopped doing it in the early 2000’s.

At 1C:

2002-03 BAP Ultimate Memorabilia Emblem /10

[Image: 2002-03-BAP-Ultimate-Memorabilia-Emblem.jpg]

Two of these were listed by the same seller and I was able to make a deal for this one. This has long been a card I have wanted to add to my collection but I was never quite able to lock one down. I don’t think I could find a nicer patch for this one.

At 1B:

2001-02 BAP Ultimate Memorabilia Complete Package /10

[Image: 2001-02-BAP-Ult-Mem-Complete-Package.jpg]

This card was Lindros’ first Complete Package. The stick piece is absolutely killer, and the glove has some stitch holes that do not really show up in the scan. At first I wasn’t going to go after this one after all the other pick-ups this month but the longer it set on ebay without much interest I couldn’t let it slip by. I’m glad I went for it!

And now at # 1A:

2001-02 BAP Signature Series Emblem /10

[Image: 2001-02-BAP-Sig-Series-Emblem.jpg]

This is my favorite Emblem set produced by In the Game. I really like the full action shot and the vintage looking logo that frames the memorabilia swatch. The emblem piece is great with a couple layers and tons of stitching. I am thrilled to finally add a copy to my collection.

Well that be it. I want to thank everyone that made this mail post possible, you know who you are.

Feel free to take a look around my website and subscribe to the rss feed. If you made it this far, thanks for the look!

RE: Completely full of emblems
wow some great big E cards congrats
using tracking numbers (all US and some Can)

I know you've said in the past that collecting Lindros isn't the most conducive to multicolor swatches but this showoff thread really stands out for its color. My favorite's probably the Complete Package but don't those come pre-slabbed by ITG already? Anyway, that's an awesome walk-through...thanks for the show.
LOGAN COUTURE | MARTIN ST. LOUIS | JEREMY ROENICK | JONATHAN TOEWS
Malkin | Iginla | Datsyuk | Kane | Larionov | Thornton | Fedorov
(Link) Gimme Your: 09-10 SP Authentic | 09-10 Ice | 07-08 O-Pee-Chee

Wow, amazing additons to the PC!
[Image: 36415429146_421111660f_b.jpg]Scott Nobles, on Flickr

(09-30-2011, 03:57 PM)ricebondsmntna2young Wrote: I know you've said in the past that collecting Lindros isn't the most conducive to multicolor swatches but this showoff thread really stands out for its color. My favorite's probably the Complete Package but don't those come pre-slabbed by ITG already? Anyway, that's an awesome walk-through...thanks for the show.
Really just the Upper Deck Flyers jersey cards are impossible to find with a multicolor piece. I have had great luck with Pacific and ITG, and now Panini as long as it is a Prime.

The Ultimate Memorabilia do come slabbed, but all the cards in 2001-02 were graded by beckett and beckett slabbed but did not grade 2002-03, 2003-04, and 2004-05. ITG has went back to the original holders from 2000-01 since 2005-06.

Those are some amazing cards you got in. That is a nice month of cards right there.
Collect Ray Bourque, Ryan Miller, Patrice Bergeron, Dougie Hamilton

Nice additions.
[Image: scan0004-1-1.jpg] [Image: scan0005-1-1.jpg]
Collecting; Flyers-Red Wings-Brodeur-Cujo-Hasek-Shanahan, 04-05 Franchises Memorabilia

Great pick ups!!! Always great to see people get great cards for their PC.

Quick question. Is there a big market out there for Eric Lindros? Are there many collectors of him that you know of?

Seriously, awesome additions to your PC. Lindros was the next big thing in the early 90's. Too bad that head injuries derailed him. Still had a decent career. Especially early on with the Flyers. Lindros, LeClair & Renberg were excitinf to watch.

Thanks everyone!

(10-01-2011, 10:41 AM)bguzowski16 Wrote: Great pick ups!!! Always great to see people get great cards for their PC.

Quick question. Is there a big market out there for Eric Lindros? Are there many collectors of him that you know of?
There really is. For the more rare stuff the sales rival all the top names. Especially if you hit a 1/1.