`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Random Retail Breaks

Random Retail Breaks
I went to Springfield today and though I'd check to see what Target had in the card section. I've always liked those boxes of 15 random packs (actually pulled a Jeff Gordon Auto from one once). They had 3 so I got them all as well as a box of FanFare. I'll post what the packs are before I open em...
[Image: 2011-09-29_20-10-06_102.jpg]
2009 Premium - 13 packs
2009 Press Pass 14 packs
2009 Element - 2 packs
2009 Stealth - 1 pack
2008 Wheels High Gear - 4 packs
2008 Speedway - 4 packs
2008 Press Pass - 4 packs
2008 Wheels American Thunder - 2 packs
2008 VIP - 1 pack
...and then 6 packs of these promo pack things from 92...has a lion foods logo and says dayton....it also says authorized signature edition, so I have no idea what they are.

I'll just post if I get any hits.

The Fanfare pack had the following:

#37 Vickers
Blue Die-Cut #10 K. Conway
Championship Caliber #CC21 Lee Petty
Rookie Standouts #RS13 Jeff Gordon (this one is a SP!)
Justin Johnson Autograph /250 blah
2 packs in and one of the 08 Wheels American Thunder had a Pushin' Pedal Shoe card of Michael Waltrip 63/99 :-)
Wow 2nd pack of 2008 Press Pass had a Press Pass Autograph of Ron Hornaday!
Hmm a pack of 2008 High Gear had a Jimmie Johnson foil card that says 07' Champion and the card number on back is #0....is this one hard to get?

RE: Random Retail Breaks
Wow - I never get anything out of those boxes - a lot of inserts, but never a RU or AU card. Way to go!

The food lion ones are junk - mostly .10 BV cards.

Ken
CURRENT NEEDS:
*2011 Topps Black Diamond Wrapper Redemptions (wants marked in ORG)
*All Carl Edwards Cards I don't have (wants marked in ORG)
*Marcus Thornton, Kevin Johnson (NBA)
*"Air Coryell" San Diego Chargers
[Image: 6802037740_e2e39685ee.jpg]

(09-29-2011, 08:45 PM)hellsbells Wrote: Wow - I never get anything out of those boxes - a lot of inserts, but never a RU or AU card. Way to go!

The food lion ones are junk - mostly .10 BV cards.

Ken
Yeah, I didn't expect too much...it's just fun to bust like 50 packs for under $50. Rest of the break had some inserts but that's about it. Nice thing about it was that I did get a decent amount of Jeff Gordon inserts. I'll eventually put everything in my organize.

Nice breaks. The Food Lion cards aren't as bad as you think. Yes, the BV is 10 cents to 75 cents each, but they are a regional grocery store release (in my area of the southeast). Some Petty collectors' go nuts trying to find all of these. They weren't widespread like the '91 Traks and '92 ProSet Petty Family sets were. Even in my area, the FL set isn't easy to find.
I'll have to check about that '08 JJ #0 card though. I know I don't have one, so I'd def. be interested in it. I also need that Fanfare die-cut you pulled. Send me a TO if you see some stuff you like. I may be willing to open up some stuff that isn't marked FT.
Here's the stat for the JJ #0 card. It has the same ratio as the parallel versions of the base cards. Book is only 10. Seems really low for something so short-printed, but that seems to be common w/SP base cards in NASCAR.

*ZERO CARD STATED ODDS 1:60*

LMK if you wanna trade it to me. I do need it for my JJ PC.

I didn't think it would be a whole lot, so that's not bad....

As for the die-cut, it is the blue retail version. I thought I saw something about you going after die-cuts, but I wasn't sure if you were doing the blue and the holofoil or not.

By the way, I just finished loading everything if you want to take a look to see if there are any others your need.

I forgot about the 'blue' die-cut. I have not seen one yet. Can you post a scan? A NASCAR-only trading site I am on seems to be loaded with the 'blue' die-cut, even before the retail came out. I think many are getting confused by these. The holofoil parallels actually do look blue until you tilt them in light.

I can take a picture for you tomorrow....I don't have any of the holofoil to compare it next to, but I think the hobby holofoil are kinda reflectish, but the retail "blue" are a pretty noticeable purplish-blue color with no reflection.

The hobby die cuts are for some reason listed as "gold die cut" but are actually silver (do look blue tilted a certain way in the light). But the retail are an obvious blue color as listed.
Collecting all Travis Pastrana. Also Bobby Labonte autos and race used

[Image: travis.jpg]

My Bucket: http://s325.photobucket.com/albums/k390/dprissel/

(09-30-2011, 12:50 PM)pretz6969 Wrote: The hobby die cuts are for some reason listed as "gold die cut" but are actually silver (do look blue tilted a certain way in the light). But the retail are an obvious blue color as listed.
Actually, Beckett fixed that. The hobby die cuts are now listed as 'holofoil die cuts'.

Got another Fanfare pack today and got a Johnny Sauter Tire....maaaan retail is KILLING me! I told myself it would probably be crap, but my curiosity got the best of me....I'll never learn. I've been picking up autographs and relics on eBay for $2-$5 each, but it just isn't as fun haha.

I'm up to 10 autos and 15 relics though....still waiting to get another batch in the mail before I post some pictures.