`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need Help Getting a Box!

Need Help Getting a Box!
So I usually get a christmas present from the folks around 300 bucks. Hey, don't judge me. I'm a college student living at home. Smile Anyways, I'm thinking about getting a box or two of cards. I've never even thought about spending that much on a pack of cards before, but I thought it's not my gamble if it's not my money.

Getting to the point. What box should I get!? I heard Gold Standard is a sure thing, just kidding. Any help or opinion would be appreciated.
Collecting:
Detroit Pistons
Greg Monroe
Jonas Jerebko
Austin Daye
Terrico White
89-90 Championship Teams
[Image: Sig01.jpg]

RE: Need Help Getting a Box!
Almost everything is hit or miss. My personal opinion would be to get one box of 2010-11 Donruss and 1 box of 2007-08 Stadium Club (plenty of hits, good BV). You'll still have some change to pick up some singles.
[Image: Xtreme2sec.gif]
3,850+ diff Pistons cards

depends on your priorities. If you want lots of cards, xstream is right on the money in my opinion. Old school boxes it's tough to go wrong with mid-late 90's Chrome, Finest or Flair Showcase. You could get 2-3 boxes of those and still have some change leftover, except for Kobe's RC year at least.

However, if you want high-end (therefore high risk and high reward) there's Elite Black and the UD-All time greats. The All-Time Greats is really extreme, four cards, usually of just one player (except the tins with dual/triple/booklet autos) for right around that $300 mark, but one in six tins is guaranteed an MJ auto and every base card is numbered to 50 (except the MJs, to 80). Good luck either way!
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]

Go for the All-time greats. I wish I could.....

(09-28-2011, 11:55 PM)Joshua92 Wrote: So I usually get a christmas present from the folks around 300 bucks. Hey, don't judge me. I'm a college student living at home. Smile Anyways, I'm thinking about getting a box or two of cards. I've never even thought about spending that much on a pack of cards before, but I thought it's not my gamble if it's not my money.

Getting to the point. What box should I get!? I heard Gold Standard is a sure thing, just kidding. Any help or opinion would be appreciated.
4 boxes of 10-11 limited