`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Not so "Sweet" side of the late Walter Payton...??

The Not so "Sweet" side of the late Walter Payton...??
I have not read the book (comes out Oct 4), but I was shocked when I read this article. I have heard nothing but positive things about Sweetness, not jus during his career, but long thereafter.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Walte...hts-092811

I know there are a bunch of Bears fans on here & Im curious as to not jus their opinions, but everyone else's as well.

*On a side note, since this is the "football card" forum, would these allegation, true or false, affect his card values?

Voice ur opinions, and as always, lets keep it civil. Smile
[Image: banner.jpg]
Collecting everything BRETT FAVRE
Packers HOF Autos
**LF/WTB: Packers '97, '98 & '99 Precious Metal Gems & Flair Legacy Collection Parallels!!**

RE: The Not so "Sweet" side of the late Walter Payton...??
really vicodin and tylenol wow what about brett favre i will always look up to waltor

(09-28-2011, 09:26 PM)velcrostitch24 Wrote: really vicodin and tylenol wow what about brett favre i will always look up to waltor
What about Favre?
On a side note, I don't think you could hurt Paytons cards....ever
[Image: BeckettBanner.jpg]

Jacquizz PC
Total = (259/354) 73%
Total minus 1/1 = (236/252) 94%

(09-28-2011, 08:02 PM)lambeau legend4 Wrote: I have not read the book (comes out Oct 4), but I was shocked when I read this article. I have heard nothing but positive things about Sweetness, not jus during his career, but long thereafter.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Walte...hts-092811

I know there are a bunch of Bears fans on here & Im curious as to not jus their opinions, but everyone else's as well.

*On a side note, since this is the "football card" forum, would these allegation, true or false, affect his card values?

Voice ur opinions, and as always, lets keep it civil. Smile
sounds like Brett Favre Wink
..Value of this is nil brother IMO...i guess the NFL does funny things to people as we have seen...but unless this book was penned by his own hands (he's dead) i highly doubt it matters to us Bears fans..We know who he was.Smile
OH...and you knew the Favre stuff was coming...right?
Smile just a little in Division Humor there.
2007 FotG NFL Prime 130/133
2009 FotG NFL Prime 66/90
2010 FotG NFL Prime 103/103
DONE
http://s877.photobucket.com/user/sto66/l...ECUT%20SET
2011 Playbook Prime 68/95

(09-28-2011, 09:27 PM)mattfastiggi Wrote: What about Favre?
On a side note, I don't think you could hurt Paytons cards....ever
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/footbal...tter_pill/

(09-28-2011, 09:59 PM)chibearsboy Wrote: sounds like Brett Favre Wink
..Value of this is nil brother IMO...i guess the NFL does funny things to people as we have seen...but unless this book was penned by his own hands (he's dead) i highly doubt it matters to us Bears fans..We know who he was.Smile
OH...and you knew the Favre stuff was coming...right?
Smile just a little in Division Humor there.
Oh, no doubt. It doesnt matter to me neither. I like to remember Sweetness for the beast that he was on the gridiron. Who knows what went on in his mind or in his thoughts. I was jus surprised to hear these accusations so long after his passing. From what the article reads, it sounds like this author is basing all his "facts" on mere hearsay.

And no prob about the Favre jabs. I knew they were gonna come sooner or later. Yeah, Favre had a problem with pain killers (I dont condone it, but can u really blame him?), but he addressed it publically, & moved on. Jus like you & the rest of the Bears fan out there, we choose to remember our gridiron legends in a positive way & for all the blood, sweat & tears they they left on the field!

Oh, and you guys had "The Fridge" with William Perry, well we got "The Freezer" with BJ Raji!! LOL!! Back when the Pack drafted him, I wasnt real excited about that pick. I thought there were other needs they could've addressed & "better" talant on the board, but now, Im happy as can be that they drafted him!! Guess thats why they run the team & Im the fan, lol!
Packers HOF Autos
**LF/WTB: Packers '97, '98 & '99 Precious Metal Gems & Flair Legacy Collection Parallels!!**

First off you can tell whoever wrote this is very ignorant. Vicodin is like 90% Tylenol to begin with so saying Vicodin and Tylenol is redundant...and secondly Acetaminophen is not habbit forming....so you cant have a "problem" with it.

Take this from someone who has seen more pain pill abuse than one should ever see. If Vicodin is the worst thing you do....you don't have a problem.

Almost every player in the NFL is taking opiate pain killers before and/or after games.....so why go after such an amazing player,well just an amazing person in general for something everyone in the profession does?

Americans love there controversy...it sells...and somebody needs a paycheck....this book should be in the Fiction section.

(09-28-2011, 10:22 PM)velcrostitch24 Wrote: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/footbal...tter_pill/
um.... yeah. We ALL kinda know about that (You're about 15 years too late). But thanks for the history lesson. And FYI, im not saying anything bad about ur hero, I was merely sharing an article & asking opinions on what people thought about the alleged "ACCUSATIONS" about Walter (NOT Waltor). I found it kinda strange, that now, so many years after his passing, that this story is coming out, and the author who wrote the book, sounds like he is basing all his "facts" on the words of people who knew Payton, and not Payton himself. I love the guy & think he (along with Barry Sanders) is among the best RB's in NFL history.

(09-28-2011, 10:39 PM)Marinoisking Wrote: First off you can tell whoever wrote this is very ignorant. Vicodin is like 90% Tylenol to begin with so saying Vicodin and Tylenol is redundant...and secondly Acetaminophen is not habbit forming....so you cant have a "problem" with it.

Take this from someone who has seen more pain pill abuse than one should ever see. If Vicodin is the worst thing you do....you don't have a problem.

Almost every player in the NFL is taking opiate pain killers before and/or after games.....so why go after such an amazing player,well just an amazing person in general for something everyone in the profession does?

Americans love there controversy...it sells...and somebody needs a paycheck....this book should be in the Fiction section.
I AGREE! I was shocked when I read this, but not surprised. Like you said, controversy sells & it seems like this guy needed a paycheck.
Packers HOF Autos

(09-28-2011, 10:40 PM)lambeau legend4 Wrote: um.... yeah. We ALL kinda know about that (You're about 15 years too late). But thanks for the history lesson. And FYI, im not saying anything bad about ur hero, I was merely sharing an article & asking opinions on what people thought about the alleged "ACCUSATIONS" about Walter (NOT Waltor). I found it kinda strange, that now, so many years after his passing, that this story is coming out, and the author who wrote the book, sounds like he is basing all his "facts" on the words of people who knew Payton, and not Payton himself. I love the guy & think he (along with Barry Sanders) is among the best RB's in NFL history.

I AGREE! I was shocked when I read this, but not surprised. Like you said, controversy sells & it seems like this guy needed a paycheck.
not late just sayin to bring up paytons problem with tylenol
favre gets credit for playing so many games and stuff no one every says oh yeah buy the way favre was hooked on pills that is how he played
i love favre, i just cant believe tylenol of all things would be brought up.
football is a monster, and i believe anyone who plays qb or rb and plays everydown prolly has a problem with pain pills i dont think it is a big deal
and i am not a bears fan i just love football and i remember sweetness being the first running back i ever watched play so yeah i am a payton fan and i am looking for pre 78 paytons for my pc

(09-28-2011, 10:40 PM)lambeau legend4 Wrote: um.... yeah. We ALL kinda know about that (You're about 15 years too late). But thanks for the history lesson. And FYI, im not saying anything bad about ur hero, I was merely sharing an article & asking opinions on what people thought about the alleged "ACCUSATIONS" about Walter (NOT Waltor). I found it kinda strange, that now, so many years after his passing, that this story is coming out, and the author who wrote the book, sounds like he is basing all his "facts" on the words of people who knew Payton, and not Payton himself. I love the guy & think he (along with Barry Sanders) is among the best RB's in NFL history.

Thats what it seems like to me....I dont think ANYBODY has any business talking crap about Favre or Payton on this subject....their criticism is without merit.

Thats it man!! I have did some writing in my life(outside of school)
and I have a great Person that used to be my teacher,she is published nationally in several different works....and thanks to her I am kinda "in the know" about the whole writing community(not to an extreme extent or anything) but I know a bit on the arena of writing.
A huge majority of what you read is just like what you see on Television,it's total crap with a sole purpose of making money.
I think this book would fall under that.