`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Thats exactly why i dnt want the mets to resign reyes

RE: Thats exactly why i dnt want the mets to resign reyes
(09-28-2011, 03:27 PM)phillies816 Wrote: Stuff like this is why I jokingly asked you to throw your empties at Reyes awhile back. The guy is a BUM. A talented bum when he wants to be, but a bum nonetheless. I feel sorry for the team that gives him big $$$
It's probably gonna be my Mariners Sad They've been known to do that (Beltre, Sexson, etc.) and they haven't done it in a while.

he has a boatload of talent which is why i said 4 yrs 50 mil. And you have to figure he puts people in the seats too when the mets are horrible, but he wdnt take that anyway so its a moot point i guess. I dnt want him anyway...Ted Williams was a MAN thats why he did that. Factor in his stupid antics and his heartless play along with choking in big spots and it somewhat overshadows his flawless defense and his talent. But even with that talent he still manages to strike out on curveballs in the dirt everyday and looking like a fool while doing it....all in all id say the guy is gonna waste ALOT of some teams money , andi hope its not my team
(09-28-2011, 03:30 PM)ricelynnevans75 Wrote: He should have taken a page from Ted Williams. From the espn page.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The decision to pull Reyes comes on the 70th anniversary of Ted Williams deciding to play in a doubleheader on the final day of the regular season in 1941 even though his .39955 average would have been rounded up to .400.

"If I'm going to be a .400 hitter, I'm going to be a .400 hitter all the way," Williams was quoted as saying at the time.

Williams went 6-for-8 in the twin bill to up his average to .406.
I was thinking of Williams when i posted this cuz i had heard that before but i ddnt remember the exact story so didnt wanna look stupid lol

"Im tired of him always getting hurt, and going 4 for 5 with 3 triples when the mets win 14-2 but never getting big hits in september. I also hate when they are losing 10-3 and hes laughing at shortstop with one of the marlins on 2nd who just hit a bases clearing triple"

Just thought it was funny reading that a marlin hit a triple and is only standing on second!
[Image: groat2.jpg]

(09-28-2011, 03:40 PM)phire31 Wrote: "Im tired of him always getting hurt, and going 4 for 5 with 3 triples when the mets win 14-2 but never getting big hits in september. I also hate when they are losing 10-3 and hes laughing at shortstop with one of the marlins on 2nd who just hit a bases clearing triple"

Just thought it was funny reading that a marlin hit a triple and is only standing on second!
I was angry and ranting, wsnt making sense lol

(09-28-2011, 03:30 PM)ricelynnevans75 Wrote: He should have taken a page from Ted Williams. From the espn page.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The decision to pull Reyes comes on the 70th anniversary of Ted Williams deciding to play in a doubleheader on the final day of the regular season in 1941 even though his .39955 average would have been rounded up to .400.

"If I'm going to be a .400 hitter, I'm going to be a .400 hitter all the way," Williams was quoted as saying at the time.

Williams went 6-for-8 in the twin bill to up his average to .406.
Maybe somebody should show this to reyes. Of course no comparison between reyes and a gentleman like Ted Williams. I would love to see what williams`numbers would be liek if he didnt go to WWII
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

(09-28-2011, 04:08 PM)alfredoleal2001 Wrote: Maybe somebody should show this to reyes. Of course no comparison between reyes and a gentleman like Ted Williams. I would love to see what williams`numbers would be liek if he didnt go to WWII
reyes wdnt even read it ....he probably dsnt even know who ted williams is

I love what Braun said on PTI when they asked him about tonight's game. They asked him if he went 3-4 and had the chance for a 5th at-bat tonight would he stay in. His response was he hopes to stay in the entire game (even if it means 10 at-bats) because they're still battling the DBacks for home field. That's why Braun is a man and a good team player.

I also like C.J. Wilson sayins Reyes decision was weak and he hoped Braun went 5-5 to win the title.
[Image: bannerthj011.jpg]
Thanks to talkntribe for my banner!

http://s1141.photobucket.com/home/Trey_Jones001/index

Leave it to the mets to screw up everything...If he wins the batting title he'll be the first met to do it and probably the last cuz they are horrible and it will forever be tainted cuz he has no stones. I hope braun wins really bad

I hope that Braun goes 2 for 2 and leaves because the Brewers are up 12 - 0.
Member 8670

It was actually Collins' idea...not Reyes....and he's not always injured..He played in 95% of the teams games over a 4 year stretch, had one injury plagued season and then missed 29 games last year with the oblique. This year he had one injury that reoccurred...He gets hamstring injuries etc..because he plays 110% all the time unlike most stars..and everybody in the Mets organization including the other players have said repeatedly this year that he was the voice in the clubhouse and the example for the young guys. Wright has been hurt just as much as Reyes and has been much less consistent. Reyes wins ball games for his team. Givin that the Mets have been out of it for months, there haven't been any clutch opportunities this September..or last either, which begs the question, what clutch opportunities are you talking about? It might surprise you to know that halfway through the season this year Reyes was leading ALL of baseball with the highest BA in late inning pressure situations, a stat kept by Elias..with a .500 average (16/32)...As a die hard Mets fan I can tell you that you are completely in the minority if you really want him to walk. They pulled him so he would get the ovation, it was Collins protecting his average.

http://www.nj.com/mets/index.ssf/2011/09...t_kee.html
Player collecting Dominic Smith
[Image: a2b9799d-d00b-4864-9937-c5ed26367c17.jpg]