`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marquee Box Purchased

RE: Marquee Box Purchased
I thought about buying a mini-box but decided against it, doesn't seem like you get much value with these. Maybe I'll get a box of chrome, or just save my money for something else. I LOVE the design though, I'm watching 20 different Marlon Byrd and Joey Votto auctions on eBay to get some good deals on them
[Image: yrBtR.png]
Collecting Reds and A's (especially Joey Votto, Bronson Arroyo, and Josh Reddick)

After some more research and searching ebay last night. I really should've held off on the Marquee. The cards that tickle my fancy are all going for about half of what the box cost me. And the Triple Threads do appear to be a better product....hit wise. Oh well, the hobby would die if it wasn't for dummies like me.

And why the hell would Topps put so many low end rookies in these products. I have never seen so many Tyson Ross Autos in my life. They are basically worthless in this product.
Guillen: 536 cards~42 GU~9 Patches~6 Autos~17 1/1s
Cabrera: 137 cards~4 GU~3 Patches~2 Autos~0 1/1s
Edmonds: 221 cards~10 GU~2 Patches~3 Autos~0 1/1s
[Image: WilliamsQuad-1.jpg]

i agree with wampier
big mistake

(09-29-2011, 08:54 AM)tigershot Wrote: After some more research and searching ebay last night. I really should've held off on the Marquee. The cards that tickle my fancy are all going for about half of what the box cost me. And the Triple Threads do appear to be a better product....hit wise. Oh well, the hobby would die if it wasn't for dummies like me.

And why the hell would Topps put so many low end rookies in these products. I have never seen so many Tyson Ross Autos in my life. They are basically worthless in this product.
Don't regret it until you pull. You might get a DiMaggio Titanic or something!!! Once you pull a bunch of crap then you can regret it haha.

(09-29-2011, 10:30 AM)jblaze1718 Wrote: Don't regret it until you pull. You might get a DiMaggio Titanic or something!!! Once you pull a bunch of crap then you can regret it haha.
Hahahaa, we'll find out tomorrow night.

Have a feeling I should've went Triple Threads though.

I felt a little better about my Marquee purchase as I got it for $150 total which included s/h...Even though it was only about $20 less than most pricing it gave me a better frame of mind...I loved opening the mini boxes and like the cards both base and "hits"...I got a Morneau Titanic (grey jersey with 3 vertical pinstripes), a Drew Storen dual relic auto, the red version of Ian Kinsler quad relic, and a ser #d to 570 on card museum auto of M Pineda...nothing great but for the $20 savings and the fun of opening it was worth it...If I could get another box for the same price I'd prob do it again!

(09-29-2011, 01:18 PM)jmc316 Wrote: I felt a little better about my Marquee purchase as I got it for $150 total which included s/h...Even though it was only about $20 less than most pricing it gave me a better frame of mind...I loved opening the mini boxes and like the cards both base and "hits"...I got a Morneau Titanic (grey jersey with 3 vertical pinstripes), a Drew Storen dual relic auto, the red version of Ian Kinsler quad relic, and a ser #d to 570 on card museum auto of M Pineda...nothing great but for the $20 savings and the fun of opening it was worth it...If I could get another box for the same price I'd prob do it again!
you did a lot better than most -with the pineda museum piece-but you could've as easily been stuck with a marlon byrd auto rather than the pineda
but it is a fun time,congrats

I was one of unlucky ones. In my three mini boxes I got a quad relic of michael brantley numbered to 25, a monumental markings of Colby Rasmus and a Titanic thread of Ryan Howard to 99. I do like the look of the cards though.

Moment of truth tonight, we'll see what hops out of the box when I get home from work. Is it Tyson Ross or Joe Dimaggio.......

I am 50/50 on my box. Jay Bruce Quad Relic. Miguel Cabrera Titanic Threads...all gray. Alexi Ogando on card Auto (go TX have a great post season) then the last pack....Brandon Belt dual relic auto. Kind of made the box better. Nothing real low numbered. Not a horrible product but don't think I will get another box
Collecting TCU Alums: LaDanian Tomlinson, Andy Dalton, Jeremy Kerley etc.
Looking for Mike Schmidt Pre-1980's, Auto, GU, and GU/Autos