`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
irritated

RE: irritated
I still think we need a forum that has For Sale Posts and ones that are for trade... Maybe a classifieds section... because we have some guys peddling Memorabilia too. Please don't get me wrong, all posts belong on this site. But the sales are out numbering those who are trading, and it is also running a lot of people off. It's a shame, because as a player collector, it is fun to search org's and propose trades with the new guys for that one card you need..and have been searching high and low for all over the internet. I am always up for trades, sometimes even for trade bait... For example... if I cannot find anything I can use on a proposed trade, I'll look for stuff for my other Beckett members, like ginter/206 relics, or Mccutchen or David Wrights... for guys that I know will appreciate it and that will reciprocate when possible. Communication is key on any trade, I have cancelled many a trade even for elusive cards, because the trader is unreasonable or just won't respond. There is no harm or shame in that... sometimes the guy just does not have anything you can use or trade away..It's not my job to make his collection better at my expense neither. I trade majority of the time BV for BV. However, if someone wants 100$ in base cards, I will ask for a $30 G/U as a reasonable offer. But never $100 in G/U value for those base... that is unreasonable.
Looking for Mike Trout, Aaron Judge and Derek Jeter...

(09-27-2011, 11:05 PM)mjanooz Wrote: I still think we need a forum that has For Sale Posts and ones that are for trade... Maybe a classifieds section... because we have some guys peddling Memorabilia too. Please don't get me wrong, all posts belong on this site. But the sales are out numbering those who are trading, and it is also running a lot of people off. It's a shame, because as a player collector, it is fun to search org's and propose trades with the new guys for that one card you need..and have been searching high and low for all over the internet. I am always up for trades, sometimes even for trade bait... For example... if I cannot find anything I can use on a proposed trade, I'll look for stuff for my other Beckett members, like ginter/206 relics, or Mccutchen or David Wrights... for guys that I know will appreciate it and that will reciprocate when possible. Communication is key on any trade, I have cancelled many a trade even for elusive cards, because the trader is unreasonable or just won't respond. There is no harm or shame in that... sometimes the guy just does not have anything you can use or trade away..It's not my job to make his collection better at my expense neither. I trade majority of the time BV for BV. However, if someone wants 100$ in base cards, I will ask for a $30 G/U as a reasonable offer. But never $100 in G/U value for those base... that is unreasonable.
lol did you see the cano titanic threads i put up? i'm waiting on the pricing to come out.
[Image: rm1_zpsecc24267.jpg]

I'm probably the best example of what you are talking about. I'm a collector 2nd and a profiteer 1st. If someone wants or better yet, needs a card I have, I expect to come out on top of the deal. They gain a card they will most likely hold on to where SV doesn't matter and I get value to make my profit. If someone doesn't like that, then so be it...don't trade with me. I've been buying baseball cards for 25 years and probably have 10,000+ cards that are basically worthless on the market. But those cards were in my hands when I was 10 years old so they contain there own value in that aspect. I guess what I'm saying is that every collector/seller is trying to get a slight upper hand. This isn't a middle school playground.
braves
Collecting all those in my signature.

(09-27-2011, 11:11 PM)912golfer Wrote: I'm probably the best example of what you are talking about. I'm a collector 2nd and a profiteer 1st. If someone wants or better yet, needs a card I have, I expect to come out on top of the deal. They gain a card they will most likely hold on to where SV doesn't matter and I get value to make my profit. If someone doesn't like that, then so be it...don't trade with me. I've been buying baseball cards for 25 years and probably have 10,000+ cards that are basically worthless on the market. But those cards were in my hands when I was 10 years old so they contain there own value in that aspect. I guess what I'm saying is that every collector/seller is trying to get a slight upper hand. This isn't a middle school playground.
i will trade in your favor for that blonde all the way on the left !

(09-28-2011, 06:13 AM)john1580 Wrote: i will trade in your favor for that blonde all the way on the left !
LMAO> What do you think the BV on her is? Too funny man.
[Image: ge_zpse4f470b2.jpg]
Wanted: Indians, Cavs, Rookies, Inserts,Lebron and Kyrie.

I can verify that there are tons of people on this site that will trade BV for BV...the key is just finding people whose wants and haves match up.

I've had people offer me trades that had nothing I could use; I've offered trades where I had nothing they could use. It happens, just thank the other person for their time, and move on.

Personally, I have no time for the 'this card sells for X' nonsense that some people use. As soon as that comes out of their mouth, I (politely) back out of the trade. I trade to get rid of stuff I don't want and pick up stuff I do want. When you trade, no one needs to feel he/she came out 'ahead' in my opinion.

And just to prove it...I sent you an open offer Smile

[Image: ceocards6copy.png]

Click on banner for photobucket link.

(09-28-2011, 06:13 AM)john1580 Wrote: i will trade in your favor for that blonde all the way on the left !
I'll trade you TWO of the blondes for that Dark hair on the left!! LOL!!
[Image: Griffeynewsig.jpg]

i sent you an offer too

trading on here can be difficult at times. It seems that people have get one over on you and feel like they have won. Some people want to trade their junk to you for cards with higher SV so they profit. I dont know it gets annoying when in my post I say i only want Giants or A's and somone wants my griffey auto I check and they have nothing comparable or any giants or a's but base. The best trades I have found are usually inserts and rookie cards where they have minium SV on the market and people just want to get cards of players they like. It seems they are also less traders on here cause everytime I post a trade thread I'm getting fewer offers from people with stuff I have not looked thru before

PM me and let me know what you are collecting currently and I will see if I have anything that you can use. I don't have my organize updated at the moment. Just LMK so I can update it.
Shawn Green PC:
377 unique cards
76 GU & Patches
5 Autos