`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So I started a collection (HEAVY SCANS)

So I started a collection (HEAVY SCANS)
So, obviously, not the most original collection...I decided to a collection of GU cards of HOFers. So here are the stats...There are 295 members of the Baseball Hall Of Fame. Of those, 148 members have a GU card available...I put a few of my own personal rules when putting this collection together;

1. A GU bat card may only be used when a player has no available gu jersey/pants/jacket/glove
2. Try to avoid just the plain white jersey if possible...jersey/pants should be pinstripe or old/faded uni, or road uni if possible
3. Try to use only cards that have color photos of players, especially modern, as much as possible

So with that, here is what I have amassed to date...Hope you guys enjoy and please feel free to leave comments, questions, etc...And for those of you who do a similar collection...I am posting a scan at the very bottom of what I view to be the single hardest card to achieve to finish...not because of cost but availability...Thanks for looking!!!

[Image: hof1.gif]
[Image: hof2.gif]
[Image: scan-1.gif]
[Image: scan-2-1.gif]
[Image: scan-3-2.gif]

[Image: scan-6.gif]

[Image: scan-5-1.gif]
[Image: scan-4-1.gif]

And the tough one...
[Image: leonday.jpg]

RE: So I started a collection (HEAVY SCANS)
I am jealous of your Hammerin Hank Greenberg card. Nice collection.
Guillen: 536 cards~42 GU~9 Patches~6 Autos~17 1/1s
Cabrera: 137 cards~4 GU~3 Patches~2 Autos~0 1/1s
Edmonds: 221 cards~10 GU~2 Patches~3 Autos~0 1/1s
[Image: WilliamsQuad-1.jpg]

very nice collection, good luck!
[Image: WillTheThrillSig.jpg]

Sweet!
My PC's:
Orioles/Bruins
2009 spx game jersey autos
2000 yankee legends legendary lumber
HOF GU and autos
http://s1103.photobucket.com/albums/g462/teosdesserts/

Beautiful collection!!!! I love the Averill bat..Been wanting to get one for a while now.
-Collecting rookie, game-used, and autographed cards of Hall of Famers and future Hall of Famers in baseball, basketball, and football.
-Collecting autographs/cut autos and memorabilia of historic figures.

if you have any duplicates lets try and work out some trades... doing the same thing

Obviously you have done the research as to who does not have a memorabilia card, can you pm that list as well. Thanks
Collecting Hall of Fame Players; rookie card, auto, and memorabilia for each member if available
ABC Sportscards online store - http://abcsportscards.mysimplestore.com/

(09-27-2011, 01:03 AM)eharris3abc Wrote: Obviously you have done the research as to who does not have a memorabilia card, can you pm that list as well. Thanks
x2...I'd love to have a list as well..
-Collecting rookie, game-used, and autographed cards of Hall of Famers and future Hall of Famers in baseball, basketball, and football.
-Collecting autographs/cut autos and memorabilia of historic figures.

Nice collection man!

Are you counting GU Autos if you can get a hold of them?! Those would be sweet too!

(09-27-2011, 01:03 AM)eharris3abc Wrote: if you have any duplicates lets try and work out some trades... doing the same thing

Obviously you have done the research as to who does not have a memorabilia card, can you pm that list as well. Thanks
I do have a list...I'll pull out and put a post here of it

(09-27-2011, 07:47 AM)jtulliakat0628 Wrote: Nice collection man!

Are you counting GU Autos if you can get a hold of them?! Those would be sweet too!
Autos will prob be the next collection. I've limited this to non-autos so unfortunately the Duke Snider and the Stan Musial I have dont count toward this collection

Nice!!!
Collecting Jimmer Fredette.