`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UPS lost my half of a trade

UPS lost my half of a trade
I recently made a rather pricey trade with a member here. ($500 in cards.) I shipped via UPS with tracking. The package seems to have been lost in the mail. UPS now wants me to submit documentation to value the merchandise so I can be reimbursed. Has anyone ever done this with sports cards? One of the cards was #/25 so it doesn't have a listed book value. All the cards were HOF autos so this really pisses me off. Any help would be appreciated.

RE: UPS lost my half of a trade
If you can find a completed auction of that card or a similar value card from the set on ebay, that should be acceptable to UPS. It's not book, but hopefully you are ok with that.

I trust you insured it, right? I insure everything I send. It says so in my profile. I had a fellow recently "lose" in the mail $200+ cards on their way to me. He did not insure. It has been three months since he received my insured package, and I seriously doubt he will make fully good on his end.

JonathanI

I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

(09-26-2011, 08:48 AM)andrew96 Wrote: I recently made a rather pricey trade with a member here. ($500 in cards.) I shipped via UPS with tracking. The package seems to have been lost in the mail. UPS now wants me to submit documentation to value the merchandise so I can be reimbursed. Has anyone ever done this with sports cards? One of the cards was #/25 so it doesn't have a listed book value. All the cards were HOF autos so this really pisses me off. Any help would be appreciated.
Go to the next listed book value card of that player, EX: ##to 50 etc and submit that to use as a value of the card and add 10%. this would be acceptable to the PO. Good luck Gary

Looking for Tony Gwynn HOF and set cards.

(09-26-2011, 11:34 AM)jonathani Wrote: I trust you insured it, right? I insure everything I send. It says so in my profile. I had a fellow recently "lose" in the mail $200+ cards on their way to me. He did not insure. It has been three months since he received my insured package, and I seriously doubt he will make fully good on his end.

JonathanI

Had the same happen to me.....pisses me off too....nothing the would do without insurance...

(09-26-2011, 08:48 AM)andrew96 Wrote: I recently made a rather pricey trade with a member here. ($500 in cards.) I shipped via UPS with tracking. The package seems to have been lost in the mail. UPS now wants me to submit documentation to value the merchandise so I can be reimbursed. Has anyone ever done this with sports cards? One of the cards was #/25 so it doesn't have a listed book value. All the cards were HOF autos so this really pisses me off. Any help would be appreciated.
Go to your lcs and ask them to write up a HAND WRITTEN receipt with a bunch of cards on it and their values.....have them date it for when it was shipped....your lcs should be glad to help you out to keep you coming back...mine would do it without a second thought....i have been going since they first opened....if you don't have one go the Bay route with completed sales if you could find em....GOOD LUCK..!!!
[Image: cyber-1.png]
Bucket
Collecting CURRENT Raiders....Carr, Mack, Bo, brown ++