`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is the going rate?

What is the going rate?
What is the going rate if you are a person who is trying to get out of the hobby and wants to make a little bit of money off some low end cards you have worth about 2000 dollars according to beckett. All are inserts, some are numbered, some autographs. Can you ask for 50% of beckett value? 40%? Less? Just wondering, thinking seriously about just putting all my cards on ebay and hoping for 5 to 6 hundred bucks. Please give me your input. Appreciate it.

Thanks
Coady

RE: What is the going rate?
Most cards I seen sold are abou 50% BV.

if you are selling cards as a lot and most are just lower end cards and not of really hot players or from expensive sought after brands....in all honesty 20% BV would be would you could expect bro.

I see lots of 150 autos and GU'd go for 150-185 on ebay quite often.

in this market and economy I'd say 40% is probably the tops especially on lower end stuff and if you are looking to try and move the majority of it in one shot. Like everything collectible it's a really tough sellers market now days. Unless you have some high end Rookie Autographs.

probably around 30-35% these days... if you are lucky...
JAXON SHIPLEY SUPER COLLECTOR-PAYPAL ALWAYS AVAILABLE!!!Big Grin

base cards - 10% of value.
[Image: bbd5_1.jpg][Image: beachebay3-1.jpg]

I'd tend to agree on the lower end of the projections - 10 to 20%.

This is based on the assumption that you'll dump them all in one lot.

If you have the time and inclination do do a bit more work upfront and identify specifically the cards in the lot, and/or separate out the higher end stuff to sell separately, you can move that higher. But without putting in the time and effort to do this, I think 40-50% is unreasonable.

[Image: ceocards6copy.png]

Click on banner for photobucket link.