`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yep, that makes 60....

RE: Yep, that makes 60....
Beautiful cards... i can see those as being personal favorites.
[Image: Dmurray29.jpg]
PC: Dez Bryant, Felix Jones, Demarco Murray.

how many are you going for?
My Flickr

I'm not fond of wasting my time with folks who can't bother replying to trades or pms. If I don't reply, you're probably on the ignore list.

(09-24-2011, 06:37 PM)CowboysFanatic Wrote: Beautiful cards... i can see those as being personal favorites.
Actually, far from it.... Although I LOVE the fact that they are both #32/35, my personal favorite would have to be one of the two Skybox Autographics... or the 97 Legends update... I might not even put the Exquisites in my top 10... LOL...
[Image: autograhpics2.jpg]
[Image: 09-11-2010093714AM.jpg]
[Image: 03-09-2010044548PM.jpg]

(09-24-2011, 06:43 PM)ft28jags Wrote: how many are you going for?
I don't have a stopping point. I love sportscards. I realized about 4 or 5 years ago, that the only cards that truly makes me happy is Marino cards. I've collected TONS of sets that sit in binders and I've collected TONS of high end cards that were awesome to own, I had no problem getting rid of anything to go towards my Marino collection. I do not really chase parallels, but do pick them up time to time, and do not like high end autographs of Marino that feature with the same photo as lower end cards. I also do not chase multiplayer memoribilia cards, but do pick them up from time to time. I started this rule to avoid the duals with people like Couch, Fielder, Carr. As long as the autograph card doesn't meet any of those deal breakers, I want it. LOL.
Trying to finish these sets:
1999 Upper Deck Strike Force Quantum /100
2000 Score Complete Players Green/ Blue
2000 Leaf Piece of the Game Preview 4th Down Isaac Bruce
2008 Premier NFL Equipment /25 John Elway

Let me know if you have any available.

oh man ya skybox was a great company back then in the 90's. What happened to them?, i noticed there isnt any new stuff

(09-24-2011, 08:37 PM)CowboysFanatic Wrote: oh man ya skybox was a great company back then in the 90's. What happened to them?, i noticed there isnt any new stuff
Fleer bought them. Then Upper Deck enventually bought Fleer.

(09-24-2011, 08:54 PM)Marinocollector Wrote: Fleer bought them. Then Upper Deck enventually bought Fleer.
thats kinda shocking, skybox used to be one of the better end. And fleer wow thats nutty.

(09-24-2011, 06:57 PM)Marinocollector Wrote: Actually, far from it.... Although I LOVE the fact that they are both #32/35, my personal favorite would have to be one of the two Skybox Autographics... or the 97 Legends update... I might not even put the Exquisites in my top 10... LOL...
[Image: autograhpics2.jpg]
[Image: 09-11-2010093714AM.jpg]
[Image: 03-09-2010044548PM.jpg]

I don't have a stopping point. I love sportscards. I realized about 4 or 5 years ago, that the only cards that truly makes me happy is Marino cards. I've collected TONS of sets that sit in binders and I've collected TONS of high end cards that were awesome to own, I had no problem getting rid of anything to go towards my Marino collection. I do not really chase parallels, but do pick them up time to time, and do not like high end autographs of Marino that feature with the same photo as lower end cards. I also do not chase multiplayer memoribilia cards, but do pick them up from time to time. I started this rule to avoid the duals with people like Couch, Fielder, Carr. As long as the autograph card doesn't meet any of those deal breakers, I want it. LOL.

I would LOVE to have one of those Skybox autos man....if you ever see anymore please LMK!!
here are some of my favorite Marinos I have.
[Image: Marino3.jpg]
[Image: MarinopatchautoBGS9.jpg]
[Image: DanMarino2.jpg]

They are all kinda in different categories.
Have the older on card auto...which I just love cards from that era...thats when I was a little kid just drooling over ever owning something like that and now I do!!
Then the Graded Patch auto is a nice little show piece.
and I have always been in love with the Magic dual autos...so when I seen one with Marino and Marshall...(even though I like Hartline better as far as current recievers go) I still love Marshall and its very nice looking card...and being numbered that low I figured it might be my only chance to snag one up!

(09-24-2011, 09:11 PM)Marinoisking Wrote: I would LOVE to have one of those Skybox autos man....if you ever see anymore please LMK!!
here are some of my favorite Marinos I have.
They are all kinda in different categories.
Have the older on card auto...which I just love cards from that era...thats when I was a little kid just drooling over ever owning something like that and now I do!!
Then the Graded Patch auto is a nice little show piece.
and I have always been in love with the Magic dual autos...so when I seen one with Marino and Marshall...(even though I like Hartline better as far as current recievers go) I still love Marshall and its very nice looking card...and being numbered that low I figured it might be my only chance to snag one up!
The last 97 Century Mark I saw brought over 300 and the 3 Blue Inks I have seen in the past 4 years have brought 200, 215, and 175 (REALLY ugly auto on that one)

(09-24-2011, 09:15 PM)Marinocollector Wrote: The last 97 Century Mark I saw brought over 300 and the 3 Blue Inks I have seen in the past 4 years have brought 200, 215, and 175 (REALLY ugly auto on that one)
I would be interested in one at 175 ish for sure....A lot of times its not the higher end stuff that makes me fall in love lol....I am sometimes a sucker for simplicity....I really like when the Auto is the focal point of a card

The 2 main guys I am collecting now are Marino and Peyton Manning so that def kicks a college budget in the butt...after those 2 guys I am chasing the guys from my top 50 all time QB auto PC....so I usually dont have the extra money for the super high end stuff.....like the cards that sell at 350...I usually dont give them a 2nd look.
Normally I would rather have one really nice card as opposed to 2 or 3 good cards....but when it comes to autos of my PC guys I just go after whatever catches my eye and so far its been good bc I think the Marino Marshall is the most expensive one I have bought this year lol

(09-24-2011, 09:23 PM)Marinoisking Wrote: I would be interested in one at 175 ish for sure....A lot of times its not the higher end stuff that makes me fall in love lol....I am sometimes a sucker for simplicity....I really like when the Auto is the focal point of a card

The 2 main guys I am collecting now are Marino and Peyton Manning so that def kicks a college budget in the butt...after those 2 guys I am chasing the guys from my top 50 all time QB auto PC....so I usually dont have the extra money for the super high end stuff.....like the cards that sell at 350...I usually dont give them a 2nd look.
Normally I would rather have one really nice card as opposed to 2 or 3 good cards....but when it comes to autos of my PC guys I just go after whatever catches my eye and so far its been good bc I think the Marino Marshall is the most expensive one I have bought this year lol
Most I have spent on one card was $400... that was for my 1/1 2000 Playoff Hawaii Trade Conference Marino Auto.
$300 on my 97 Legends.
$300 on my jersey numbers HUGE UDA piece /13. MSRP is $500.
$215 on the 98 Skybox Autographics Blue Ink
$200 on my 05 Turkey red Cabinet jersey auto 25/25
$200 on my 05 Topps Pristine Jersey Auto 25/25
$150 on my 07 UD Trilogy Signature Number /13
$145 on my 00 UD QB Greats Jersey Auto

Most on any jersey card I have ever spent was $90 on my 96 UD Jersey.
Insert cards was $135 for the 99 Donruss Preferred Precious Metals Platinum. Other than that one $75 on an unreleased 98 Zenith Dare to Tear (23 made, 7 ripped). $60 on a 96 SP Xplosive. $40 a few times here and there. If we sat down and I told you the prices I paid on a lot of my stuff you'd go crazy. LOL. I actually bought the 97 Skybox Century Marks while in California. Dude looked at it and said, its /100... well... I'd go $80... want it?... I said yes, much to my wifes dismay. (I was inbetween careers at the moment, visiting her mother, with our fist son of 3 months.) It being numbered to the old TD record was a BIG deal to me. I wasn't going to leave that shop after hearing $80. LOL.