`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 2.83 Average
Apology

Apology
To SupremeLou, I have sent you a message. I apologize it took the extra time to get your cards sent to you. If he has not received them, I will make it right for him. I am not here to steal his $12 in cards, or anybody else's cards for that matter.

I have been here for over a year. And I think 2 of the first 3 trades I did, I sent the wrong cards to the wrong people. Thankfully, they are great members and helped straighten that out. And sometimes I have sent the wrong card(s) to the wrong people, or left a card laying on my desk. Like everybody else here, I would make it right when that has happened.

To everybody on Beckett.Com, here is a reality with me. Sometimes I am a slow shipper. Occasionally, things happen in my job that I work longer shifts and even get called out of town last minute for up to a week at a time. I spend 20 to 26 weeks a year on the road in hotels. If you can't handle the slow shipping sometimes, I understand completely. There have been people here who have gotten cards from me postmarked from LaGrange, GA; Montgomery, AL; Mobile, AL; Charlotte, NC; and even from Marietta, GA.

I know lots of people like to jump in on threads about bad traders, and several jackals jumped in on a thread posted about me on Thursday evening(I believe). There were also some people that stated about slow mailing from me which does happen from time to time.

However, HomerJG. We complete a $40 plus trade. I never receive my cards. You cannot produce proof of mailing and/or a DC number. Who sends out a $40 trade without something?? You did return the cards I had sent on the trade.

DBrookerd, First I am sorry you are having financial problems that you have to post sell ads every day, it seems like. And now it looks like you are having to sell part of your PC. Sucks, no doubt. But if I was in bad money straits, my cards are the first to go, hopefully stopping before getting to my PC. And if I was in that bad a shape, I would not be on here still trying to trade and spend money on postage. My money would go for more important things. You state the assumption I am a child who must be having allowance issues. Far from the truth. You don't know me, so don't speculate. At this point in my life, money is not a big issue, unlike millions of people in this country. In 2008, my wife lost her job and I took a permanent 10% pay cut at work. For months cards did not exist for me. They were just boxes sitting in a closet. And what irony. You say that me being out of town is a crock and the thread from SupremeLou helped you get your cards. Look at the postmark on the package I sent you to make up for 2 cards in our trade where I messed up. Sent before that thread was ever started and sent from LaGrange, GA. If you look on an atlas, you will see that LaGrange is about 2 hours away from Byron, GA. Guess you don't know what you are talking about? Now you can send me my end of our trade and we are done with each other.

And just to show that everybody has different experiences with the same trader. KevinNashOutsider(I think), took some people for cards on here. I completed 2 trades with him, no problems. I have over 200 trades completed on here. My feedback score is lower than most, and that is because of slow shipping on a percentage of the trades. But there are also many trades with 5 stars across the board. So I must be doing something right along the way.

RE: Apology
This thread will not make it past 10am !!

I'm not a mod so it doesnt matter but I dont think theres anything wrong with this thread. He has every right to stand up for himself. He's takin alot of crap last couple days and now it's his time to speak.
Good for you man!!!!
23isit's bucket
Collecting hall of famer GU and auto's. Todays stars
[Image: philliesbanner2.jpg]

I just completed a trade with BoSoxFan and everything went well. I got my cards in about a week's time frame which is very reasonable...
[Image: braunsig.png]

(09-24-2011, 04:37 AM)bosoxfan1971 Wrote: To SupremeLou, I have sent you a message. I apologize it took the extra time to get your cards sent to you. If he has not received them, I will make it right for him. I am not here to steal his $12 in cards, or anybody else's cards for that matter.

I have been here for over a year. And I think 2 of the first 3 trades I did, I sent the wrong cards to the wrong people. Thankfully, they are great members and helped straighten that out. And sometimes I have sent the wrong card(s) to the wrong people, or left a card laying on my desk. Like everybody else here, I would make it right when that has happened.

To everybody on Beckett.Com, here is a reality with me. Sometimes I am a slow shipper. Occasionally, things happen in my job that I work longer shifts and even get called out of town last minute for up to a week at a time. I spend 20 to 26 weeks a year on the road in hotels. If you can't handle the slow shipping sometimes, I understand completely. There have been people here who have gotten cards from me postmarked from LaGrange, GA; Montgomery, AL; Mobile, AL; Charlotte, NC; and even from Marietta, GA.

I know lots of people like to jump in on threads about bad traders, and several jackals jumped in on a thread posted about me on Thursday evening(I believe). There were also some people that stated about slow mailing from me which does happen from time to time.

However, HomerJG. We complete a $40 plus trade. I never receive my cards. You cannot produce proof of mailing and/or a DC number. Who sends out a $40 trade without something?? You did return the cards I had sent on the trade.

DBrookerd, First I am sorry you are having financial problems that you have to post sell ads every day, it seems like. And now it looks like you are having to sell part of your PC. Sucks, no doubt. But if I was in bad money straits, my cards are the first to go, hopefully stopping before getting to my PC. And if I was in that bad a shape, I would not be on here still trying to trade and spend money on postage. My money would go for more important things. You state the assumption I am a child who must be having allowance issues. Far from the truth. You don't know me, so don't speculate. At this point in my life, money is not a big issue, unlike millions of people in this country. In 2008, my wife lost her job and I took a permanent 10% pay cut at work. For months cards did not exist for me. They were just boxes sitting in a closet. And what irony. You say that me being out of town is a crock and the thread from SupremeLou helped you get your cards. Look at the postmark on the package I sent you to make up for 2 cards in our trade where I messed up. Sent before that thread was ever started and sent from LaGrange, GA. If you look on an atlas, you will see that LaGrange is about 2 hours away from Byron, GA. Guess you don't know what you are talking about? Now you can send me my end of our trade and we are done with each other.

And just to show that everybody has different experiences with the same trader. KevinNashOutsider(I think), took some people for cards on here. I completed 2 trades with him, no problems. I have over 200 trades completed on here. My feedback score is lower than most, and that is because of slow shipping on a percentage of the trades. But there are also many trades with 5 stars across the board. So I must be doing something right along the way.
This is not really an apology at all, just an aggressive defense of your self with a little bit of passive aggressive jabs thrown in the mix (there is no reason for you to bring up broockerd's situation on here. We all know he has been posting sales threads). Anyway, I would just say that you should warn folks before hand that you might be a slow shipper so they know what to expect. A lot of the problem seems to be a lack of communication. You should at least stay in contact with people, and keep them updated on the situation. It is hard to have any peace of mind when you have no idea what is going on. That being said, in my one trade with you I had no problems, so this is not an attack on your trading methods, rather just a response to what I believe is an immature, poorly disguised attempt to defend yousrself, and take jabs at people who rightfully had some things to say about you.
Currently Collecting:
Baseball HOFers: Autos, Vintage and Rookies
Dallas Cowboys: Autos and Vintage

(09-24-2011, 07:16 AM)23isit Wrote: I'm not a mod so it doesnt matter but I dont think theres anything wrong with this thread. He has every right to stand up for himself. He's takin alot of crap last couple days and now it's his time to speak.
Good for you man!!!!
I just meant that everyones gonna come on and get pissed...i have no problem with the op...i traded with him and everything was fine, and i agree with just about everything he said

I also agree that he has the right to come one and defend himself. No doubt about that, I just think he did in in the wrong way, passive aggressively attacking the people who had legitimate gripes against him.
Currently Collecting:

this could get interesting [Image: watchdrama8jm.gif]
[Image: WillTheThrillSig.jpg]

(09-24-2011, 08:21 AM)cheetos Wrote: this could get interesting [Image: watchdrama8jm.gif]
get ya popcorn ready
(09-24-2011, 08:24 AM)jwest1334 Wrote: get ya popcorn ready
This will be my last comment on the issue as like I said my trade went well with him, and I think I have skated on thin ice enouch since the few months I have been back.
Currently Collecting:

I think your best bet would be to just not trade when you will be out of town. That is what I do. I am in a band and also travel all over about 10 to 12 weeks a year. I might buy some cards while I am out there but I always wait until I return home to trade them. When I am getting ready to leave town, I conntact all the traders I have trades open with and let them know, if we cant agree on something by (insert date) then I will have to cancel because I will be away from my collections. This way nothing can get accepted while I am away. Most of the time they are understanding but others will accuse you of "rushing" a deal which is, btw, the dumbest idea I have ever heard. Of course Im rushing the deal you idiot! I want your cards and Im leaving town for 5 weeks, lol

Our first trade was terribly slow but the few since then that I have asked you to ship first on, while not lightning fast, were quite a bit more reasonable. As long as we can continue that trend, we are good and can trade anytime.

You could have probably went with out personally attacking Derek though. He is a good dude who is just trying to beat the addiction. And maybe he deserved it by attacking you in another thread, maybe the one from the other day, I dont know I didnt read any after my post. In any event, save the insults for the PMs not the public forums. Besides, you can REALLY let someone know how you feel in a PM and not get thrown off the site.

LF 1934/1936 Diamond Stars
&
05 Turkey Red SPs
13 Turkey Red
12 Archives Au's
12 Archives Gold
13 Finest Master Set
Ginter mini Snakes/Fortunes/Beards/Hats/Bikes