`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Building a set

Building a set
I have always loved artifacts, so I think I want to try and build the base, RC, and /999 inserts, as well as a jersey or Patch set. Would love opinions.

My favorite set is 2008-09 Artifacts, should I only do that? I wouldn't mind doing a long-term product of all years. Shouldn't be hard for the 2011-12 stuff, but not many people have older stuff, and I don't wanna buy every card.

Or should I try a master set? Maybe 2010-11 Donruss? No cards /1, would still be hard. Or maybe something else. Would love opinions.

Second should I ONLY collect Tatar if I do this? Thanks for all opinions in advance!
Hockey PC's: Tomas Tatar, Alexander Burmistrov, Boris Valabik, Zach Bogosian
Football PC's: Titus Young, Jimmy Smith, Ed Dickson, Michael Oher, Flacco/Rice and Manningham/Henne dual cards.
Always gone Thur-Sun
[Image: NUC-1.png]

RE: Building a set
what price range are you looking to invest in your set builds? if you do last year product, you can get them normally cheaper right when the new stuff comes out

I done a few insert sets as the price was right and also enjoy the cards

good luck on whatever you desire
using tracking numbers (all US and some Can)

(09-29-2011, 06:45 PM)bonnev659 Wrote: what price range are you looking to invest in your set builds? if you do last year product, you can get them normally cheaper right when the new stuff comes out

I done a few insert sets as the price was right and also enjoy the cards

good luck on whatever you desire
I spend $75 total a week. So maybe like $20 a week. But if it is an easy set, I am very patient and will pick them up here and there. I am thinking about maybe doing a patch set from artifacts.
Football PC's: Titus Young, Jimmy Smith, Ed Dickson, Michael Oher, Flacco/Rice and Manningham/Henne dual cards.
Always gone Thur-Sun

I'm doing a master set of 2009-10 SPA (1-260 and holo fx, when thats done ill move on to other bits), one slow step at a time haha. But my Thornton PC takes most of my time, as theres so many..... Artifacts is a great set i think, and you should be able to pick up a lot of them cheaply, and hey if you ever feel like doing 2010-11 artifacts ive got a heap of base you can pinch haha. I guess as far as ONLY having 1 PC player, you could have more, it just depends on how fast you want to complete your project(s). If you're patient i dont see why you couldnt keep all your PC players, i'm doing 6 PC players and 1 Master set and my budget is A$75 a MONTH and i get to break boxes maybe once every 6 months if im lucky at the moment haha. Good luck with whatever you choose.
[Image: nemesisbanner2.gif]

Sig by tha_penguin

After Joe Thornton serial #1's

Joe Thornton PC: (515) 11.36% Joe Thornton #'d 01/xx: (37) 1.34%
Owen Nolan (260) 15.63%
Couture (37) Demers (26) Sateri (23)

AFTER: TOMAS HERTL, HARRI SATERI

(09-29-2011, 07:32 PM)nemesis77777 Wrote: I'm doing a master set of 2009-10 SPA (1-260 and holo fx, when thats done ill move on to other bits), one slow step at a time haha. But my Thornton PC takes most of my time, as theres so many..... Artifacts is a great set i think, and you should be able to pick up a lot of them cheaply, and hey if you ever feel like doing 2010-11 artifacts ive got a heap of base you can pinch haha. I guess as far as ONLY having 1 PC player, you could have more, it just depends on how fast you want to complete your project(s). If you're patient i dont see why you couldnt keep all your PC players, i'm doing 6 PC players and 1 Master set and my budget is A$75 a MONTH and i get to break boxes maybe once every 6 months if im lucky at the moment haha. Good luck with whatever you choose.
Well I may do 2 in hockey and have 4 in football, 3 of the football ones are really cheap and easy. I may collected Tomas Jurco, and I regret not saving long before for Tatar. And yea, these sets can be put together easy, with patience. just need to find something I would enjoy. So at least patches, or maybe a master set of something.
Always gone Thur-Sun