`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wow Seriously Jerome?............ Welcome to life outside the NFL

RE: Wow Seriously Jerome?............ Welcome to life outside the NFL
I had plenty of tolerance to pot. It may not have symptoms of physical addiction, but there is a mental one. Smoking it still triggers the release of endorphins and other chemicals in our bodies that themselves become the thing that one is addicted to. Smoke contains chemicals and other junk that can lead to cancer, COPD, emphysema, circulatory (sp?) and other physical ailments.
As far as the "its not addictive" notions being thrown around, the addiction is no different than what makes all of us buy, trade for, sell, talk about, and log into a message board relating to little pieces of cardboard.
[Image: 1c4478fb-d731-4d9f-ba14-899045a13077_zps5489e52d.jpg]

(09-24-2011, 03:16 AM)mrgonzodad Wrote: I had plenty of tolerance to pot. It may not have symptoms of physical addiction, but there is a mental one. Smoking it still triggers the release of endorphins and other chemicals in our bodies that themselves become the thing that one is addicted to. Smoke contains chemicals and other junk that can lead to cancer, COPD, emphysema, circulatory (sp?) and other physical ailments.
As far as the "its not addictive" notions being thrown around, the addiction is no different than what makes all of us buy, trade for, sell, talk about, and log into a message relating to little pieces of cardboard.
http://www.marijuanalibrary.org/brain2.html

This link will explain "tolerance" to Marijuana.

and it also contains some really good facts to open the eyes of the right wing nut jobs that want to keep throwing people into jail for it.

Humans are nothing but puppets of their chemistry. If our reward pathways shut down...we would pretty much just die out and have no drive,desire,or interest in anything.

Pot dosent have to be smoked.....I want one person to show me ONE FACT
about a negative health effect that can come from Using Marijuana in a Vaporizer. and the only negative thing that could come from edibles is that its usually in some type of unhealthy food such as a brownie,cookie,candybar etc... but nonetheless the Marijuana its self is completely harmless.

(09-24-2011, 01:44 AM)Marinoisking Wrote: Weed isnt the same high as other drugs...and you dont build any tolerance to it....so if you like weed you like weed. If you do other drugs....you didnt do them bc you tried weed...you did them bc you wanted to experiment....the only way I could see weed affecting any other drug use would be in this instance.
Weed has no tolerance, no addictiveness,and there is no way to OD on pot...if I woke up at 9am and smoked pot until 9am the next morning I would be fine. That is not the case with other drugs...so if someone that has smoked pot but hasnt done another type of drug decides to venture down the path of another drug and is naive of it....they could think since pot never hurt them then nothing else could hurt them....but that isnt the pots fault

I have just seen SEVERAL people smoke pot on an almost daily basis for almost a decade now and they have NEVER touched another drug....so that right there breaks the consistency of pot being considered a gateway drug.

And yes...I have seen people that have smoked pot and then later on do other drugs....is that bc of pot? .If you go by the theory that pot is the "gateway" drug...then you are pretty much saying that if you wipe pot of the earth then Coke,Opiates,Legend,Amphetamines, and every other drug on earth would never be used again.

I know on topics like this opinions are always going to vary...this is just my thoughts on the subject.
the pot debate could go on and on from all different angles. as far as it being a gateway drug it really just depends on how you look at it. i'm not saying it chemically makes you want another drug or lead you to them but you do have to look at it from this angle. if someone is an avid pot smoker it puts them in the every day dealings (or week or how often you buy or smoke) of most other drugs. most dealers dont just sell pot. and by putting yourself in the company of other drugs, users and dealers you are more prone to trying something else, hence the name the gateway drug. pot smoking if you let it can lead to other drug use. i've seen it first hand on numerous occasions and honestly am not trying to start a huge debate either way. my dad was a dealer. yes its a choice by the person to try another drug but if they werent coming to pick up their pot they may have never been exposed to the coke they decided (on their own) to "just try once".
PC Collections Josh Morgan, Tim Tebow, Brock Marion and Derek Anderson