`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.75 Average
TTM- What it means and how to get started.

TTM- What it means and how to get started.
TTM
What it means and how to get started.

Hi all this is my TTM tutorial. I have helped many people along in this and even make my own cards. See my Dolphins thread or Alanch I helped him get along and with the idea on the customs. I was once new like some of you are and had a ton of questions. I will do the best I can to help anyone with any questions. So read below and get started. Good luck.
Hopefully a MOD will sticky this for all to see and refer to.

1.TTM= Through the mail

2.This is a great way to get autographs from your favorite athlete for little to no cost to you. Basically just know once you start it can get addictive. At that point it may cost some money.

3. Things you need.
Envelopes- 2 sizes 1 smaller than the other (obviously) to include in what you send to them.

Letter- DO NOT send a card w/o a letter. You should write a letter at least a paragraph or 2 long on WHY you are writing to them and what you are looking for. BE NICE BE SINCERE BE TRUTHFUL. You need to know that they DO NOT have to send something in return. A lot of player LOVE to hear from their fans and tend to sign for noting or a small fee. You can either hand write or type the letter. I have Horrid handwriting so I type mine. Always always ASK for the auto do not expect to get a signature in return. They are doing this for free most of the time and will let you know if they sign for money.

Stamps - Most if not all items I send tend to include a letter 2 custom cards a SASE (explained below) and a top loader (most of the time). Stamps are currently .44 cents so one their and on back is a total cost of .88 cents put into 1 letter.

S.A.S.E- Self addressed Stamped envelope. DO NOT sent with out one of these. You more than likely will never see your card again.

I have been sending TTM’s for just about 2 years now and it is a TON of fun. I have sent to people who I can’t afford their auto on eBay or they just don’t have. Lots of players love to hear from their fans and sometimes write back to you and send a thank you letter as well. Always be grateful in the letter and don’t lie about anything. As long as you are a true fan they can see it in the writing. You can connect to players this way and makes for a fun time in the hobby on top of trading and selling and busting packs and hunting for that one card.

Also remember to never send an item you can’t afford to lose. Don’t send that 1/1 printing plate to Tom Brady he probably wont send it back if he even gets it. I always stand by the rule of if you want to send the Mini helmet or jersey to them send a letter 1st and ask if it is ok to send that item to them. I tend to only send cards and occasionally an 8x10. The P.O will check your postage for 8x10’s and anything larger than the cards.

Places to send to include their home, Stadium, Place of work. Sometimes you may feel you are intruding on their life if sending anywhere except the stadium They are used to it so don’t worry.

This is all off the top of my head if you have questions please post them here as others may have the same question latter.
I will do my best to help anyone who wants to get in and finding the addys are easy for the most part some people are MUCH harder than the others but keep the faith and most of all HAVE FUN!!!!!!

P.S- the auto you get will most of the time be real from the player or actor or whatever.
Keep in mind alot of the more famous people tend to have little extra time and send PrePrints(signed one then made a ton of copies) or autos pens(signed by a machine). Some have secretarial sign stuff for them.
Do NOT let this stop you it is a small part but something you can't avoid.
Collecting Dolphins, PSU Alumni(in college uni)
[Image: catch.gif]

Like my Facebook page.
https://www.facebook.com/PHsportscards?ref=tn_tnmn

RE: TTM- What it means and how to get started.
whats the easiest way to get the addys?
Sigs curtesy of KoolKellGirl and JDetter!! Thanks a ton!!

[Image: fbqueen1.jpg]

[Image: fbqueen.gif]

I use this website http://www.fanmail.biz/
Most NFL,NBA,and MLB teams have the address you can send stuff to on their website. That website I gave ya tells of peoples successes and also gives other addresses you can try.

My biggest TTM autos would be
8x10 Dean Smith
8x10 Ron Rivera
8x10 Dirk Nowitzki
8x10 Paul Silas

Also use.
sportscollectors.net that is the site i use. I have also found addys using yp.com

Like my Facebook page.

up for a new day.

Like my Facebook page.

great read... thanks!!!
JAXON SHIPLEY SUPER COLLECTOR-PAYPAL ALWAYS AVAILABLE!!!Big Grin

No problem glad you liked it.

Like my Facebook page.

Great thread gadsden! I'm available if anybody needs help getting started.
[Image: alanch-1.png]
-Banner Courtesy of rogue655-

Jim Leonhard Needs:
2005 Longevity Holofoil /25
2009 SPx Super Scripts Autographs Eight /8

Joel Effertz Needs:
2013 Bowman Draft Black Paper /1, Black Plate /1, Cyan Plate /1

great thread awesome read!! How do you make the custom cards. I really want to make one of josh freeman because my son will be going with his cousin to meet him soon and wants to bring something unique
Betts Hursh Kimbrel Smile

[Image: bd2740c1-d591-4332-b7b1-0528f205c994_zpsdbff6c02.jpg]

(09-22-2011, 08:38 PM)mcleodfive Wrote: great thread awesome read!! How do you make the custom cards. I really want to make one of josh freeman because my son will be going with his cousin to meet him soon and wants to bring something unique
I am lucky enough to work at a printing facility. I do my customs on a 100lb cardstock and then for the back take a sticker paper and it makes a decently thick card.
I also create my cards in Photoshop that i have at work as well. I get all my pics from google and a few other sites.

Depending on when you need it i may be able to make a card for you.

Like my Facebook page.