`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Sniper Programs?

RE: The Sniper Programs?
I use Gavel Snipe like CEO. It is not cheating. It is a way to bid on a card like I normally would and not have to be chained to the computer.
Interested in EX-MT or better pre-'56 Cardinals, '53 Bowman Color & '74-'78 Topps.
http://s606.photobucket.com/home/jalbregts

(09-20-2011, 01:45 PM)jmc316 Wrote: Help me understand something about sniping...If I bid on an item that is 6 days out from ending, and I dont want to spend more than $20 on it, and I use that as my max bid, how does having a sniper program save you money or win you more auctions?
I was thinking the exact same thing
[Image: jetersig_zps16abeec2.jpg]
Collecting Robinson Cano, Eduardo Nunez, and Derek Jeter
Also making sigs

(09-20-2011, 01:47 PM)beatles guy Wrote: I use Gavel Snipe like CEO. It is not cheating. It is a way to bid on a card like I normally would and not have to be chained to the computer.
But isn't that technically cheating? If you're somewhere else how can you bid, unless you have the eBay app?
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

Same thing as sitting by the computer and bidding when there are five seconds left. Where's the difference? A snipe is a snipe. I don't begrudge anybody for doing it. I've been sniped before and it doesn't hurt my feelings, except for the fact that I lost out on a card I wanted.
I guess the same logic of cheating would apply to phone bidders at "normal" auctions? Technically you are not there to bid, but having someone else do it for you.
Interested in EX-MT or better pre-'56 Cardinals, '53 Bowman Color & '74-'78 Topps.

(09-20-2011, 02:07 PM)beatles guy Wrote: Same thing as sitting by the computer and bidding when there are five seconds left. Where's the difference? A snipe is a snipe. I don't begrudge anybody for doing it. I've been sniped before and it doesn't hurt my feelings, except for the fact that I lost out on a card I wanted.
I was just sayin'...

(09-20-2011, 02:10 PM)nolan5000 Wrote: I was just sayin'...
It's all good my friend Smile I just don't understand the logic sometimes, that's all.

So your telling me that having a program that snipes if fair to someone that sits there and waits? there is a big difference. Your using a program that gives you an edge, That makes you faster. Some poor person who wants a card or item may never get it because of these types of programs. I don't use them and i win 95% of the auctions i bid on. You people must be slow lol
[Image: rm1_zpsecc24267.jpg]

One advantage is does give you if you bid early on ebay you are in fact making others drive up the price. For instance if there is 3 days left on an auction and you place a max bid of $20, you are determining the value of that auction for the other bidders to bid. If there is no action on an item people may wait and keep the price down then you slide in with your snipe bid and get it for a lot less if you went back and forth with someone for 3 days.
I collect Detroit Tigers, Detroit Lions, Detroit Pistons and anybody pictured in a Michigan Wolverines uniform.

(09-20-2011, 01:45 PM)jmc316 Wrote: Help me understand something about sniping...If I bid on an item that is 6 days out from ending, and I dont want to spend more than $20 on it, and I use that as my max bid, how does having a sniper program save you money or win you more auctions?
It keeps the price from being raised a bunch of times, which in turn, can keep the price lower. It doesnt save you money in the sense that you get a discount, but it keeps others from bidding right after you, then you have to outbid them, etc. And since it waits until the last second, someone cant enter their bid after you have put yours in. That make sense?

(09-20-2011, 02:15 PM)yankeeempire Wrote: So your telling me that having a program that snipes if fair to someone that sits there and waits? there is a big difference. Your using a program that gives you an edge, That makes you faster. Some poor person who wants a card or item may never get it because of these types of programs. I don't use them and i win 95% of the auctions i bid on. You people must be slow lol
That's what I was thinking exactly!! I couldn't agree more!! And I hate to admit it being that you're a yankee fan and all, but when you're right you're right no matter which team you like.

Now excuse me while I wash my computer's mouth out with soap. lol