`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
why is the 1967 topps mike shannon card worth so much compared to his rc?

why is the 1967 topps mike shannon card worth so much compared to his rc?
my buddy is trying to get this card but we dont know why it is worth so much compared to his other cards....any help would be appreciated.

RE: why is the 1967 topps mike shannon card worth so much compared to his rc?
I realy dont know unless its card #1 or a short print ( yes they had some back then)
Look at the 1951 bowman Mickey Mantle rc versus the 1952 Topps Mickey Mantle dp. Big difference there too.
[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]

What is the # of the card. It has to be a high number card.

It's a high number. Not as many High Numbers around as low numbers in. Those series would come out late in the year when football would be coming out. More kids would be buying the football since baseball season was about over.

It is #605, which is a high number. Production was low compare to the previous series The card is in the last series of the set. The baseball season was over when they came out and the interest shifted to football.

ok thanks so much for the help

I'm building a 67 set and this is one of the toughest cards, ESPECIALLY in high grade. There are few too begin with and for whatever reason, this card is rarely seen above exmt, mostly due to centering.
[Image: banner.png] [Image: wieters-1.png]
Collecting Orioles, Ravens, and Topps Baseball sets 57, (Finally finished 58!), 67, and 69 (need only 2!). Also, MLB HOF Autos.

Yes, it is a high number and it is also a difficult card within the high number series. Plus, the 67 Cardinals won the World Series that year and Shannon has remained in the St Louis area and operates a succesful eatery.

So for all those reasoins, there are far fewer 67 Shannon's in the card market than the 64 RC. Of course, around 1988 I once found 10 67 Shannon's (none better than vg) at a NJ Card show for $1 each.

No, they are long gone so don't ask me if I still have any

Rich