`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Is Boston really gonna blow this lead?

RE: Is Boston really gonna blow this lead?
Unfortunately, I just don't care. Either team (BoSox or the TBRays) would be fine with me. As long as any AL team takes out the Yankees, I'll be happy. Wink I would have loved to see the Indians make it to the PO's, but that's just not gonna happen now. The Tigers went shell on the AL Central! How can anyone beat a winning streak like that?!!!
I am considered a NL guy b/c I root for the Cards, BUT my next 2 fav. teams are the Indians and Boston. Boston and NY is becoming too common in the PO's. TB was a pleasant surprise a few years ago and Texas was a nice surprise last year. I would like to see change in the PO's most years. With that said, I am sure you can all see that I am totally against the Phillies making the WS AGAIN this year. I don't think my Cards have a chance to get into the PO's, but I think I will be rooting for a Texas vs. Arizona WS. JMO, so PLZ don't be PO'd Big Grin with me for stating it!

Those of us who are Sox fans are tightening the nooses right now.

I hear that Theo Epstein called Bob Stanley, Luis Tiant, and Oil Can Boyd to sign with the team. Can't be worse than some of the pitching going on up there right now.

And pulling out our favorite slogan. "There is always next year"

Now it looks like the Braves may implode too. I really hope so! NO offense to ATL fans, but I AM a STL fan, so I have to root against the Braves now. The Cards/Cubs game today was fantastically exciting!!! I thought the Cards were done for the game until Marmol's arm exploded. I still can't believe he walked in the tying run and immediately wild-pitched the winning run home!!! What a shocking way to end ANY game.

It looks like its going to be an interesting wild card race. Boston needs to hope for the Yankkes to sweep the Rays. It was crazy to think Boston was rooting for the Yankees in Tampa's 4 game series and if Yankess didn't win 3 of the 4 we would be talking about how is Boston coming back from this as the Rays would be the wild card leader.
Derek Jeter Collector from 1992-1996. 305 out of 306 99% complete.

1450/1919 1990's Jeter cards 76%

[Image: scan0116-1.jpg]

(09-25-2011, 06:25 AM)chrisa19978 Wrote: It looks like its going to be an interesting wild card race. Boston needs to hope for the Yankkes to sweep the Rays. It was crazy to think Boston was rooting for the Yankees in Tampa's 4 game series and if Yankess didn't win 3 of the 4 we would be talking about how is Boston coming back from this as the Rays would be the wild card leader.
there isnt a single intelligent red sox fan rooting for the yankees to win. im rooting for the red sox to win - if the the sox win, it doesnt mean bleep if the yanks or rays win as far as the rays and yanks, im rooting for a bleeping meteor

Here in Boston, there is a panic. Our pitching in September has been worse than awful, Lester goes out yesterday and give up 8 in 2 2/3, and now we have Lackey and Wake going today. As much as I love Wake, I'm not exactly confident he is gonna give us a good start and I hate Lackey, have ever since he got here. If they do collapse it will go back to pre-2004 which honestly might not be a bad thing. So many people that go to Sox games don't even care about the outcome of the game. 2 of the last home games of the year the Sox blew the lead in the 8th, and in the middle of that inning it is tradition to sing Sweet Caroline, and people just sing it like nothing happened. There should be a rule you can't sing that stupid song if your team is blowing games left and right. Sorry for the rant lol.
Collecting Bruins, Jon Papelbon, Patriots

[Image: Stockinsert.jpg]

Yes they are. I was at the game yesterday and it was ugly.

probably, hopefully !
watch the game right now
Photobucket

(09-25-2011, 04:27 PM)nlsn200 Wrote: 9/25 half game lead after losing first game to yanks game will tampa be tied after tonight boston yanks can we say choke choke cough cough rest in peace
yanks should know alllll about choking - 2004 alcs, worst choke in North American sports history

(09-25-2011, 04:32 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: yanks should know alllll about choking - 2004 alcs, worst choke in North American sports history
No worse than blowing a 9 game lead unlike Boston..
-Collecting rookie, game-used, and autographed cards of Hall of Famers and future Hall of Famers in baseball, basketball, and football.
-Collecting autographs/cut autos and memorabilia of historic figures.