`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
2011 BP Clarity

2011 BP Clarity
Pardon my noobness, I recently re-entered the fray after a twenty year hiatus. Needless to say I feel like I might benefit from a PhD in card collecting with the massive amount of variety there is.

Ive been buying Bowman Platinum and A&G Blasters because I love the cards. Ive also begun to organize the base sets but Im lost as to the type of card Im holding. Im a subscribed online member and have access to the search function, which is very helpful, but if I search, for example: Yorman Rodriguez BPP39 I get bout 12 different cards, 5 of which are different colored refractors and three of which are different types of refractors (refractor, x-Fractor and superfractor).

Is there a definitive way to know or does knowledge just come with experience?

Im also uploading a pic of cards Im unsure of, hoping I can get a lil help.

[Image: scan0001.jpg]

Here are my guesses
Manny Banuelos BPP29 - SuperFractor
Tony Wolters BPP35 - Refractor
Matt Moore BPP98 - Green Refractor
Jonathan Sanchez 78 - Platinum Gold
Dan Haren 71 - Base
Yorman Rodriguez BPP39 - SuperFractor
Carlos Santana 13 - Base
Kevin Youklis 92 - Base

Any feedback is appreciated, thanks.

RE: 2011 BP Clarity
The ones you think are superfractors appear to be XFRACTOR...superfractors are 1/1 cards ala only one in existence and should be serial numbered as such.

(09-19-2011, 03:02 PM)Merovius Wrote: Pardon my noobness, I recently re-entered the fray after a twenty year hiatus. Needless to say I feel like I might benefit from a PhD in card collecting with the massive amount of variety there is.

Ive been buying Bowman Platinum and A&G Blasters because I love the cards. Ive also begun to organize the base sets but Im lost as to the type of card Im holding. Im a subscribed online member and have access to the search function, which is very helpful, but if I search, for example: Yorman Rodriguez BPP39 I get bout 12 different cards, 5 of which are different colored refractors and three of which are different types of refractors (refractor, x-Fractor and superfractor).

Is there a definitive way to know or does knowledge just come with experience?

Im also uploading a pic of cards Im unsure of, hoping I can get a lil help.

Here are my guesses
Manny Banuelos BPP29 - SuperFractor
Tony Wolters BPP35 - Refractor
Matt Moore BPP98 - Green Refractor
Jonathan Sanchez 78 - Platinum Gold
Dan Haren 71 - Base
Yorman Rodriguez BPP39 - SuperFractor
Carlos Santana 13 - Base
Kevin Youklis 92 - Base

Any feedback is appreciated, thanks.
Haha... you jumped in with a rather confusing set. The way to tell base from "colored" parallels is to look at the little BP logo at the bottom of the card. That oval area will be gold if it's a gold parallel, green for a green parallel, red for a ruby parallel... etc. Your Banuelos and Rodriguez cards are X-fractors, the Sanchez is a gold parallel, the Moore is the green parallel, and the remaining cards all appear to be base cards, at least from the picture.

All knowledge comes from experience. You'll start recognizing the different types quickly. When in doubt, ask. We'll help you!
*Please note that in all of my future trades, I will require extra time to ship. I have no adequate transportation to a post office. If you don't want to wait, please do not trade with me.*

Thanks guys, thats very helpful. A few things have me thinking the Tony Wolters is a regular refractor, layout of the card, vertical nameplate, refractor design at the base and card number starting with BPP (stands for Bowman Platinum P____ ?).

Other than that I think I know which ones are base now. Thanks so much.

BPP = Bowman Platinum Prospect

There is actually a mistake with the 2011 Platinums in the Beckett OPG. There are no regular refractor parallels, they are ALL refractors. The only parallels to the base card (which is a refractor) are the colored parallels. If it is a Prospect card (BPP), the colored versions are also serial numbered, which is not the case with the rest of the set.

prospect