`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Met Capitals HOF Rod Langway last night

Met Capitals HOF Rod Langway last night
The Southern Maryland Blue Crabs sponsored a Hockey Night last night that included a Meet and Greet picnic with the Capitals mascot Slapshot, four of the Red Rockers dance team, and HOFer Rod Langway for $25. Had Rod sign my ticket and the towel that the Red Rockers were handing out. He was real cool and we sat at his table and talked to him for about 20 minutes about his career.

RE: Met Capitals HOF Rod Langway last night
Awesome story! It's one thing to sign for everyone like he was probably paid to do...it's another thing to take the time to talk to you like he did. Thanks for sharing.
I collect Dany Heatley, Nicklas Backstrom, all Red Wings and most Yankees.

great story

do you have a scan of the sign?
using tracking numbers (all US and some Can)

Unfortunately, right now I have no access to a scanner. My computer and scanner were destroyed thanks to Hurricane Irene. On the towel, he added his number (Number 5) to it, but left that off the ticket. I'm not a big hockey fan, but it is cool!

that is pretty cool how he signed the towel

and that stinks about the Hurricane destroying your pc and scanner!!!
using tracking numbers (all US and some Can)

Great story! You have to hand it to hockey players for being some of the world's most renowned athletes. They mostly seem to have the time to talk to their fans! Thanks for sharing!

Randi

Awesome story on meeting the legend.

Not so awesome about your computer and scanner.....welcome to the misery that we experience living here in south florida......hurrricanes.
Joe Vitale PC- 104/125= 83% 0 - INCOMING

TRADERS: http://s171.photobucket.com/albums/u317/...5/TRADERS/

GAME WORN SITE: http://www.theigloolockerroom.com/

[Image: hughbanner001.png]

Ah yes. I know all about hurricanes in Southern Florida. My first duty station in the Navy was at Homestead AFB. I arrived there less than a month before Hurricane Andrew changed by duty station 3 years prematurely.

I'm back in Florida this week in Orlando for a conference. I see there is a card show at one of the malls beginning on Thursday. Might have to check it out.

(09-16-2011, 10:25 PM)pens fan addict Wrote: Awesome story on meeting the legend.

Not so awesome about your computer and scanner.....welcome to the misery that we experience living here in south florida......hurrricanes.

One of the first cards I was excited to pull when I started collecting again less than two years ago. Glad to hear he is a stand up guy ;-)

[Image: 100068.jpg]
Please check out www.hockeyvadim.com for my whole collection

Banner done by "Tha Penguin"

[Image: vadim002.png]

What was the most interesting thing he said about his own career? By the way, the Blue Crabs is a cool name for a sports team. I gotta make it out there someday to try to softshell.
LOGAN COUTURE | MARTIN ST. LOUIS | JEREMY ROENICK | JONATHAN TOEWS
Malkin | Iginla | Datsyuk | Kane | Larionov | Thornton | Fedorov
(Link) Gimme Your: 09-10 SP Authentic | 09-10 Ice | 07-08 O-Pee-Chee