`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
To return or not?

To return or not?
Hey everyone, I got me a little dilemna. I saw a card on ebay, and it looked fine, so I was going to make an offer on it. Before I did that though, I asked if there were any creases or press marks, dinged corners, dents, scratches, or chipping? While that may seem excessive, I've learned over the years, that sellers wont list flaws, and you cant see alot of them from scans as well. I've gotten to many "Mint" cards with scratches or dents all over them not to ask. I was told it was perfect, made an offer and it was accepted. Today I get it, and without taking it out of the toploader, I see a huge crease in it. I sent the seller a message, and he said he looked at it before shipping, and it was fine. Said it happened at the P.O., or in the mail. He sent it in a bubble mailer, toploader and pennysleeve. Now is it his fault for not protecting it better, say using card blanks, cardboard, bubble wrap, or even cut up old bubble mailers as added security? When I ship, I overprotect exactly for that reason, and use any of the above ways to do it. He accepts returns, but am I wrong for wanting to send it back? Is it the sellers responsibility to get it to me safely, or is it out of his hand when he ships it? Thanks all.

RE: To return or not?
I am 100% with you asking for a refund. Half of my trades on here with "mint" cards have turned out to be less than near mint cards.

I guess I think that you'd be justified in asking for a refund. But also, kind of the norm in card-buying as far as shipping goes is in a bubble mailer, penny sleeve and toploader. It's expected that that should be the least amount of protection you'll get in any normal buying situation. If you're concerned about shipping, a simple email request to "overprotect" the card(s) might not be unwarranted. I know that in trading on this site, I have been asked to make sure to protect the card with more than just one toploader, and I have obliged every time. After all, a decoy card or two costs me very little if anything.

But yeah, I think you could be justified in asking for a refund if you feel it's necessary.
*Please note that in all of my future trades, I will require extra time to ship. I have no adequate transportation to a post office. If you don't want to wait, please do not trade with me.*

As per Ebays policy it his is responsibility to get the product to you safely.
The PO could completely mangle it and he would still be help responsible per Ebay. That is why I send my more expensive Ebay sells insured NOT d/c as d/c does me no good if the product gets damaged only helps if the buyer says he will not get it.

Also, just b/c he says he accepts returns does not mean he will. I would just ask for a refund first and if he says that the card must be returned first then send it back but make sure he covers return postage also. Not you fault the card was damaged why should you pay to return it.

I sent him a message, and he said he will honor a return. Is is still ebay policy to make the buyer pay for reutrn shipping? I thought I had heard they changed it, to the seller has to pay for the reurn shipping, but I'm not sure.

(09-17-2011, 09:42 PM)murrylove Wrote: I sent him a message, and he said he will honor a return. Is is still ebay policy to make the buyer pay for reutrn shipping? I thought I had heard they changed it, to the seller has to pay for the reurn shipping, but I'm not sure.
The buyer is required to pay return shipping, make sure you send with d/c or you'll be out of $$ and the card. Before just returning the card i would read up on the "how to's" on returning, even if that requires opening a claim. Ebay & Paypal continue to change the rules & you want to protect yourself.
Collecting: Auto's, G/U Jsy/Bat, Refractors, etc.., Harper, Trout, Jeter, Mantle, Rivera, Pujols,Ripken, Griffey Jr, Heyward, Cal Ripken Jr., Posey,
Other Auto's, GU cards will be considered

(09-17-2011, 09:42 PM)murrylove Wrote: I sent him a message, and he said he will honor a return. Is is still ebay policy to make the buyer pay for reutrn shipping? I thought I had heard they changed it, to the seller has to pay for the reurn shipping, but I'm not sure.
In order to do a return and remain under paypal/ebay's buyer protection, you have to file a dispute with paypal for " item not as described.

Make sure you include a copy of that message, where he said it was perfect, and you received it creased.

Quote:PayPal Purchase Protection generally covers you if your order arrives significantly different than it was described, or if it doesn't arrive at all. So be sure to open a dispute in the event of any of the following:

1. You received a completely different item.
Example: You purchased a tennis DVD, but received a tennis racket.

2. The item's condition was misrepresented..
Example: The listing said new but the item was clearly used.

3. The item is missing parts or features, and this was not disclosed.
Example: You bought a table, and it showed up with only 3 legs.

4. You purchased a specific quantity of an item-but received the wrong amount .
Example: You bought two laptops but received only one.

5. The item was damaged en route to its destination.
Example: Your antique vase was broken in transit.

6. You received a counterfeit version of the item.
Example: That "genuine" diamond bracelet ended up being cubic zirconia.

the bucket
http://postimage.org/Shez

WANTED:
2006 FLAIR SHOWCASE SIGNATURES #/35

I would open a dispute and return item according to TOS