`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
2011 Marquee 12 Box Case break--Scans

RE: 2011 Marquee 12 Box Case break--Scans
(09-17-2011, 02:54 PM)ronfir Wrote: Looks like Topps came up with this product to get rid of all their supply of single color material.
There are lots of patches in this product...several nice ones in this case. Seems like more patches than in Tribute, which everyone seemed to love. I think the product is nice, cards are beautiful, but yeah, there should not be autos numbered out of 700. I shouldn't spend 200 bucks on a box to pull a 3 dollar auto and a 5 dollar dual relic/auto. That's crap. But I guess tribute had lots of single/dual relics without autos. The nice stuff is really sweet in Marquee, no denying that, but I'd be nervous about all the redemptions on the big name players...seems like lots of them might not happen. I'd love to drop some money on an Ozzie, but I'm not gonna risk getting something else.
[Image: ozziesmithbanner.jpg]
Always collecting Ozzie Smith!

Interested in the teixeira if your looking to move it....fiancée likes him.....I'm an Oakland fan...lol
[Image: cyber-1.png]
Bucket
Collecting CURRENT Raiders....Carr, Mack, Bo, brown ++

(09-17-2011, 04:54 PM)dlcarst Wrote: There are lots of patches in this product...several nice ones in this case. Seems like more patches than in Tribute, which everyone seemed to love. I think the product is nice, cards are beautiful, but yeah, there should not be autos numbered out of 700. I shouldn't spend 200 bucks on a box to pull a 3 dollar auto and a 5 dollar dual relic/auto. That's crap. But I guess tribute had lots of single/dual relics without autos. The nice stuff is really sweet in Marquee, no denying that, but I'd be nervous about all the redemptions on the big name players...seems like lots of them might not happen. I'd love to drop some money on an Ozzie, but I'm not gonna risk getting something else.
Totally agree. Can you imagine opening a box of that stuff and pulling Albert Bell? I wouldnt be happy about it. I have no idea why topps wanted him in 2011 sets.

I also agree with the Reggie Jackson issue. I grew up an Orioles fan - I will be honest I didnt even know he played for the O's. He is known as a yankee really. why mix and match too.

Collecting: Bryce Harper, Cal Ripken Jr, Mickey Mantle, Roger Maris and Ted Williams.

PM me if you see anything in my trade bucket for the Prado and we can knock it out in the system
My Bucket - w/ PC & Up For Sale Scans (NOT BACK UP TO DATE YET)

I could use the Walker and Tabata
Collect Andrew McCutchen, Roberto Clemente and most current/vintage Pirates. Some Braves Dynasty like Maddux, Klesko, Javy & Chipper.

[Image: cutchbanner.jpg]

I really like the patches in the Adam Jones and Heath Bell. The Reggie looks pretty sweet but I'm a bit torn when the swatch is clearly from a team other than what they're pictured as. What do you guys think?
[Image: BECKETTBanner.jpg]
Trading for: Baseball Rookie Collection NEEDS | Frank Thomas | Ben Tate | Hideo Nomo | Ken Griffey Jr. (SEA uni) | Current Texans
*Wants marked as such* *NOT CURRENTLY TRADING*

I'm not a big buyer of baseball stuff, so I don't know if this is uncommon, but patches not matching the photo on the card is EVERYWHERE in football and especially hockey. Maybe it has to do with free agency , but guys switch teams all the time and card companies have rooms full of old jerseys from former teams. I guess I've just become adjusted to it, so the Reggie looks really freakin cool to me.

Also, the Sandberg is dazzling!!
''I've never been in style, so I can never go out of style." - Lillian Gish ( 1
893 - 1993)

lmk if I have anything for the Jeter.

LF 1934/1936 Diamond Stars
&
05 Turkey Red SPs
13 Turkey Red
12 Archives Au's
12 Archives Gold
13 Finest Master Set
Ginter mini Snakes/Fortunes/Beards/Hats/Bikes

Please let me know if you have a Cano gold /99 I need it for my collection.. thanks in advance...
Looking for Mike Trout, Aaron Judge and Derek Jeter...

Interested in Castro jumbo gameused...