`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My first trip to a card shop in 16 years

My first trip to a card shop in 16 years
I really enjoyed it. Found one in Oshkosh, Wis. Was nice to bust a few pack that werent blaster. I forgot how much fun they are. Too bad they are dying. The shop owner said when he stared 20 years ago, there were 6 shops in town. Hes the last. Must have done something right. Nice guy too.
[Image: NJbm45f.png]
Sold Out. Save a few cards. Pick up only what I have to have.
Banner By jbel4331

RE: My first trip to a card shop in 16 years
Where do you live? There's a couple in Milwaukee and we have 3 going strong in the Madison area.
Always interested in any Wisco alums I don't have.
[Image: banner2_zpsa33ddbe8.jpg]
The Wisconsin Collection

Yeah, there is only 1 in my town...soon to be none. The shop just went up for sale. Now I'm going to be relegated to retail or buying online. Sad

I live in Appleton. None in town. I think there a few in Green Bay.
[Image: NJbm45f.png]
Sold Out. Save a few cards. Pick up only what I have to have.
Banner By jbel4331

(09-15-2011, 02:13 PM)ejnfl24 Wrote: Yeah, there is only 1 in my town...soon to be none. The shop just went up for sale. Now I'm going to be relegated to retail or buying online. Sad
That just happened to me too buddy!!! It was a very sad day Sad

(09-15-2011, 02:57 PM)ripkenfan72 Wrote: That just happened to me too buddy!!! It was a very sad day Sad
Yeah. Last time I went there, there was a sign in the door that said "Store for Sale" or something to that effect. It sucked to see. Big time. Sad

ya the ol shops bring back the memories of comic books, wonders of the world they are. Shouldnt be a kid out there that doesnt get to experience one. I dont have any in my town and the closest is about 40 or so miles away in college station, home of the aggies.
[Image: Dmurray29.jpg]
PC: Dez Bryant, Felix Jones, Demarco Murray.

(09-15-2011, 04:32 PM)CowboysFanatic Wrote: ya the ol shops bring back the memories of comic books, wonders of the world they are. Shouldnt be a kid out there that doesnt get to experience one. I dont have any in my town and the closest is about 40 or so miles away in college station, home of the aggies.
Mom and pop shops are a thing of the past... We are now in an age of online, and big box retail world... Well, thats if we are not already outsourcing it to China... Pretty soon there won't be anything like a "card shop" or a "comic book shop" anywhere... It's sad really what we have become...
JAXON SHIPLEY SUPER COLLECTOR-PAYPAL ALWAYS AVAILABLE!!!Big Grin