`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kind of odd pack of lineage, AWESOME Jeter though

Kind of odd pack of lineage, AWESOME Jeter though
I got a pack of lineage out of a blaster that had no foil on the bottom half of the card, so no name or position. Under good lighting you can see a slight indentation where the card was stamped, just didnt leave the foil on the card. Normally, I would just think, bummer I got a junk pack but......I pulled a Jeter with no foil so it made me VERY happy with the pack. Here are some scans.

[Image: 2011LineageNNOFjeet.jpg]
The chapman actually has foil I just wanted to show a card with the foil but it doesnt show up anyway. The others are Larry Walker, Grady Sizemore, Justin Upton, Elvis Andrus and Tsuyoshi Nishioka (MINN) rookie card
[Image: NNOFLineage.jpg]

Here are a couple other hits from the box I will be trading.
Sisler Sticker
[Image: sislerclothsticker.jpg]

Ozzie 75 mini, got a Nolan too but I think Ill keep that[Image: Ozzielineagemini.jpg]
Bumgardner relic, these cards are nice, wish I would have pulled one I wanted.
[Image: bumgardner75minirelic.jpg]

Thanks for the look

LF 1934/1936 Diamond Stars
&
05 Turkey Red SPs
13 Turkey Red
12 Archives Au's
12 Archives Gold
13 Finest Master Set
Ginter mini Snakes/Fortunes/Beards/Hats/Bikes

RE: Kind of odd pack of lineage, AWESOME Jeter though
Yeah even if it was screwed up it makes it a rare Jeter piece to add to your PC for sure. Very cool!
[Image: broockerd_zpsd0d55e86.png]
Kila Ka'aihue 133/138 Non 1/1s (96% complete) 13/64 1/1s (19% complete)
Auto Needs: http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1529244.html

(09-09-2011, 01:10 PM)dbroockerd Wrote: Yeah even if it was screwed up it makes it a rare Jeter piece to add to your PC for sure. Very cool!
Instead of your PC, call it a "1/1" on the Bay and see what you get for it. Someone will buy it.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

(09-09-2011, 02:14 PM)jonathani Wrote: Instead of your PC, call it a "1/1" on the Bay and see what you get for it. Someone will buy it.
Yeah, maybe the others but NOT the Jeter. Good idea though, the sucker to scammer ratio on ebay is at about 3 to 1.

&
05 Turkey Red SPs
13 Turkey Red
12 Archives Au's
12 Archives Gold
13 Finest Master Set

(09-09-2011, 02:14 PM)jonathani Wrote: Instead of your PC, call it a "1/1" on the Bay and see what you get for it. Someone will buy it.
That is shady. I don't agree with that myself. First off, he has no idea if its a 1/1. Second, its a print error not a 1/1.

Just for the sake of clarity, what makes this as simple as a print error, and what makes the 1990 NNOF Thomas RC a highly prized error card? Aren't they for all intents and purposes the same error? Pretty sweet IMO man. I would sell them if I thought they would bring a premium, although I wouldn't put anything misleading in the auction.
Currently Collecting:
Baseball HOFers: Autos, Vintage and Rookies
Dallas Cowboys: Autos and Vintage

Well the 90 is a noticed error by the industry and we know there were a set line of the produced. This is a missed foil stamp. Plus the Thomas was a RC at a time when there wasn't really anything else special to go after. We just mainly had basic cards. There are many cards since then that have had these errors. I have a Paul Konerko RC with the name left off.

Just to be clear I will not be selling these as 1/1's. I doubt I will sell them at all, they are unlikley to sell anyway. If I put them up for a penny, they would end at a penny and Id basically be paying to get rid of them at that point.

&
05 Turkey Red SPs
13 Turkey Red
12 Archives Au's
12 Archives Gold
13 Finest Master Set