`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Never saw this coming..

RE: Never saw this coming..
(09-09-2011, 10:15 AM)talkntribe Wrote: Yea its not easy. I have a 5yr old son and soon to be 3yr old daughter on the 3rd oct. I'm sure its gonna be tough,but alittle cutbacks of our own and we should be fine. Not that we spend carelessly. Just can do without some stuff. I'm just thankful my wife is working. She is stressed enough. Hope this doesn't make it worse. I'm a fighter and as a father and husband. I will do whatever I can to provide for my family. Smile

Thanks Everyone for the kind words! Smile

Yea I was thinking about that. I'm a computer genius. I build and repair for people all the time on the side. Maybe I should do that. Granted I never charged for my services. I guess I should huh Smile Something to think about. I also buy huge lots of laptops and computers. Maybe fix'em and sell em.
You never know...opportunities come up at the strangest times.

Interested in EX-MT or better pre-'56 Cardinals, '53 Bowman Color & '74-'78 Topps.
http://s606.photobucket.com/home/jalbregts

Update: My wife came home today in a not so friendly mood. I suppose this nasty weather didn't help her any. I made sure the house was clean,laundry done and put away,and kids were taken care of. I had so much free time that I made stuff shells. I told my wife what had happened. She was definitely taken by suprise. She showed no emotion but this evening my 3yr old daughter told me mommy is crying. I didn't know what to do. My wife is the type to hide her feelings. I guess i'm the same way. I know she is scared and i'd be lying if I wasn't alittle. She wants me to collect unemployment until i find work. Which Is fine.Even though I lost my job with no fault of my own. I feel I have let my wife down. Last thing she needs is to carry the weight of the family on her shoulders.

Thanks again guys. Its really nice to get some encouraging words. It means alot Smile

Daniel
[Image: ge_zpse4f470b2.jpg]
Wanted: Indians, Cavs, Rookies, Inserts,Lebron and Kyrie.

Calling you in early to terminate you? That's the unprofessional thing. My understanding is that employers can't really do that, depending on the state. I would ask the Labor Board. Don't be too proud to collect unemployment benefits until you can regroup. Plus it's a good way to get back at your former employer because whatever you have paid into unemployment, they have to match it basically. I worked for a well-known chain of "gift stores" as management for 5 years and they had the nerve to fire me with no warning on APRIL FOOL'S DAY! Which happened to be one of the 5 busiest days for our store. Good luck and keep your head up.
[Image: vgh3p.png]

(09-09-2011, 11:31 AM)cheetos Wrote: +1 big time, have faith and trust in the Lord, good luck with everything!
+100 burn no bridges and look ahead at all times...there is something there..
God Bless