`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wanna make a comeback into the hobby what should i buy?

Wanna make a comeback into the hobby what should i buy?
Hey guys, i collected hockey cards from 1990 to 2004 but sold almost everything. I'd like to buy a case of something and use most of the cards as tradebaits. Any suggestion of what product i should buy? It can be from any year, what product would give me the best value ?

Thanx!

RE: Wanna make a comeback into the hobby what should i buy?
(09-08-2011, 02:27 PM)Thepunisher Wrote: Hey guys, i collected hockey cards from 1990 to 2004 but sold almost everything. I'd like to buy a case of something and use most of the cards as tradebaits. Any suggestion of what product i should buy? It can be from any year, what product would give me the best value ?

Thanx!
Assuming you want the most value in trades and resale, I'd go with Upper Deck Series 1/2, SP Authentic, or The Cup depending on your bankroll.
LOGAN COUTURE | MARTIN ST. LOUIS | JEREMY ROENICK | JONATHAN TOEWS
Malkin | Iginla | Datsyuk | Kane | Larionov | Thornton | Fedorov
(Link) Gimme Your: 09-10 SP Authentic | 09-10 Ice | 07-08 O-Pee-Chee

The Cup for sure
I collect Subban (Auto Only) and all Tanev cards
http://s1081.photobucket.com/albums/j344/KelvinCanuck/

(09-08-2011, 05:11 PM)Canucklehead Wrote: The Cup for sure
If you can afford the Cup, DEFINITELY.

BUT, if you're looking for something mid end i would go with SPX.

If you're looking to buy a case of something that will give you a good variety of bait, I would honestly go with 2010-11 SPX. It was my favourite set of the year.

Beautiful Base cards, very nice inserts, multi level RC's, auto's, Jerseys and Patches. Not to mention Finite RC's and the bonus packs of ICE (1 per box) each containing an ICE RC. Also, with a case, you're guaranteed to pull a Shadowbox card (maybe even a Shadowbox auto)

MOst of the boxes were loaded with hits.

I think as far as trade bait, it would be a good purchase.

Currently Collecting Patrick Roy, PK Subban and Carey Price.

My Bucket http://s1093.photobucket.com/albums/i427/adamslogik2/

Now I want a box of SPX haha
[Image: Signature.jpg]

PC's
Patrick Roy PC 966/7,265 = 13.30% Complete
Brandon Yip PC 101/183 = 55.19% Complete
Nick Palmieri 93/150 = 62.00% Complete

Unique Avs Cards = 1303
Unique Nordiques Cards = 1054

I had better luck with Artifacts than SPx, but that's just the luck of the draw. SPA is a crap shoot, I ripped a couple terrible boxes. SP Game Used is pricey, but it hasn't let me down this year either. If you're looking toward Panini, I'd say Pinnacle isn't too bad, and Certified was fun too. LOTS to choose from, it really depends on your budget and how much effort you plan on putting into turning the cards over once you've ripped the boxes. Casual trading you're better off with the $100-200 boxes, you'll get more stuff and be able to offer more in trade. For sales though, go high end, Ultimate, The Cup, etc., and you should do OK. Variety = the spice of life.
Collecting Cam Neely & Boston Bruins
Photobucket: http://s15.photobucket.com/albums/a372/p...or%20Sale/

the thing if you get a box of SPX or anyhing like that is, the cards have been out for a while. The base cards you WILL get (and you will get loads of them) aren't going to be coveted much at all. So how are you going to move them?

With higher end boxes even their base cards will be easier to move, and if you pull an epic card you can perhaps get 5-6 GOOD cards back for it. Cards you can actually move in the future! It's better to have 100 great cards you can move than 1000 cards where 950 of them are base that no one will ever need. Especially since you said specifically you have SOLD cards before and you want BAIT!
I collect Subban (Auto Only) and all Tanev cards
http://s1081.photobucket.com/albums/j344/KelvinCanuck/

Thanx for sharing your opinion guys.
Of course i noticed that whwn a product jusr came out it sells for top dollar, but over the years most cards will lose value or not sell that well unless its a super specific high end card.
So i was thinking of buying a product from maybe 2005/2006 as the cases are usually cheaper than they were when they came out.

What do you think about this?

Also is there a good place to buy cases online from canada?

Thanx

2005-06 is probably the product that will defy the "cheaper years later" rule. Expect to pay 2X-3X the price that it originally was released at.
Currently Collecting Patrick Roy, PK Subban and Carey Price.

My Bucket http://s1093.photobucket.com/albums/i427/adamslogik2/