• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need Help identifying This

Need Help identifying This
Ok so i got this LT about a week ago it number 11/13
Front

[Image: img351.jpg]

Back

[Image: img352.jpg]

So i am pretty sure that it is this Card.
http://www.beckett.com/football/2004/e-x...on-2719543

But then i got this one they look the same but this one is not numbered on the back do you think it could be fake or is there a differnt verison that i am missing please LMK what yall think.

Front

[Image: img353.jpg]

Back

[Image: img354.jpg]
I collect Ladainian Tomlinson for my 2 year old son Braxton. I am working on NBA 50 Greatest Auto PC. I am also a Taylor Swift Super Collector

[Image: LT-1.gif]

http://s994.photobucket.com/home/wjlee1978/index

RE: Need Help identifying This
OK. First off, sick, sick cards! Second, I would guess they're the same card--one just isn't stamped for some reason. By 2004, Fleer was getting pretty hit-or-miss on their quality control, I think, so that wouldn't be too surprising.

Either way, at least one of 'em's legit, and therefore, awesome. Great pickups!
Always interested in any Wisco alums I don't have.
[Image: banner2_zpsa33ddbe8.jpg]
The Wisconsin Collection

(09-06-2011, 01:41 PM)sconnienation3 Wrote: OK. First off, sick, sick cards! Second, I would guess they're the same card--one just isn't stamped for some reason. By 2004, Fleer was getting pretty hit-or-miss on their quality control, I think, so that wouldn't be too surprising.

Either way, at least one of 'em's legit, and therefore, awesome. Great pickups!
Thanks they both came from very reputable seller so i would be suprised if the other is fake but you never know and thanks they are really sweet and look even better in person and if the one is fake they did a great job
I collect Ladainian Tomlinson for my 2 year old son Braxton. I am working on NBA 50 Greatest Auto PC. I am also a Taylor Swift Super Collector

They are both legit - sort of. The numbered one was packed out normally. Fleer made extra of their numbered cards so that if they got any in for replacement all they had to do was stamp the serial number - they would put the same number as the damaged card sent in. The unnumbered one was therefore most likely factory replacement stock. When Fleer went under all of these cards were sold off to a bulk buyer. Now there are lots of these unnumbered ones floating around. Not "fake" but not as rare as the numbered ones. Hopefully you paid less for it. Btw thats not to say it's worthless - it's still a card with sick LT patches, probably GU if the card says it is. Just wasn't packed out and probably should have/would have been destroyed had Fleer stayed in business.

Also when Fleer went under their assets went into receivership. If I remember correctly a company was appointed by the bankruptcy court to fulfill the outstanding redemptions as best as possible. There was no guarantee that you would get what the redemptions were for, and many were fulfilled with this kind of factory replacement stock. I myself received an unnumbered Favre card and a bunch of Hoops Autographics of nobody good (for football redemptions).
[Image: UWashBanner2.jpg]
Banner by mattfastiggi
Collecting: Brett Favre (7,771 unique as of 6/1/2015), Packers, UW Huskies (Shaq Thompson, Shelton, Peters, Kikaha, Sankey, ASJ, Trufant, Locker, Brunell, Dillon, etc.)

(09-06-2011, 02:05 PM)uwash97 Wrote: They are both legit - sort of. The numbered one was packed out normally. Fleer made extra of their numbered cards so that if they got any in for replacement all they had to do was stamp the serial number - they would put the same number as the damaged card sent in. The unnumbered one was therefore most likely factory replacement stock. When Fleer went under all of these cards were sold off to a bulk buyer. Now there are lots of these unnumbered ones floating around. Not "fake" but not as rare as the numbered ones. Hopefully you paid less for it. Btw thats not to say it's worthless - it's still a card with sick LT patches, probably GU if the card says it is. Just wasn't packed out and probably should have/would have been destroyed had Fleer stayed in business.

OK that makes since and yes i paid about half of what i paid the the numbered one so i was happy either way i was just hoping it wasnt completly fake thanks for looking.

Also when Fleer went under their assets went into receivership. If I remember correctly a company was appointed by the bankruptcy court to fulfill the outstanding redemptions as best as possible. There was no guarantee that you would get what the redemptions were for, and many were fulfilled with this kind of factory replacement stock. I myself received an unnumbered Favre card and a bunch of Hoops Autographics of nobody good (for football redemptions).

it sure must be nice to own both...Smile they look killer...
JAXON SHIPLEY SUPER COLLECTOR-PAYPAL ALWAYS AVAILABLE!!!Big Grin

(09-06-2011, 03:51 PM)superynaldo Wrote: it sure must be nice to own both...Smile they look killer...
Thank you

Bump any other thoughts

well, sort of. the first card - legit.

second card - legit card....with more than likely fake patches.

after fleer went under, a TON of these card 'shells' went out on the secondary market. heck, you could buy them on ebay without the patches in them ALL.THE.TIME.

so, real card - fake patches - that is my assessment.
[Image: bbd5_1.jpg][Image: beachebay3-1.jpg]

After Fleer's bankruptcy, some unnumbered FINISHED cards surfaced (jersey and patches) which were meant as replacements that DID NOT get serial numbered yet. Others were from complete sets that were meant as file cards/samples for Fleer.

Unfortunately after that, tons of "shell" cards (no jersey or patches) surfaced and flooded ebay. Many sellers/buyers turned those empty shells into "sick" patch cards.

As for your second LT, I side with ugameck.
With 20+ years collecting, this is the most comprehensive single player collection in the world! Beckett lists 4000+ cards - I'm at 95% completion!
[Image: jaderock-1-1-1.jpg]]