`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
Show Me a BETTER Patch Than This...

RE: Show Me a BETTER Patch Than This...(BLUE JACKETS, pg. 74)
so many great choices i will vote tonight
using tracking numbers (all US and some Can)

scarrman all the way
[Image: Signature.jpg]

PC's
Patrick Roy PC 966/7,265 = 13.30% Complete
Brandon Yip PC 101/183 = 55.19% Complete
Nick Palmieri 93/150 = 62.00% Complete

Unique Avs Cards = 1303
Unique Nordiques Cards = 1054

RE: Show Me a BETTER Patch Than This...(scarrman picks a team, pg. 74)
(09-28-2011, 10:02 PM)scarrman Wrote: I had to take a photo of this patch, below is the original scan, the neon green is completely missing in the scan version.
I'm not sure what's more amazing, the patch itself, or the difference between the photo and scan. It's not just the neon that vanishes in the scan, though that's the most obvious and important aspect; all the texture and glint of the fabric disappears as well. I wonder what I've been missing all this time, looking at scans of patch cards...
LOGAN COUTURE | MARTIN ST. LOUIS | JEREMY ROENICK | JONATHAN TOEWS
Malkin | Iginla | Datsyuk | Kane | Larionov | Thornton | Fedorov
(Link) Gimme Your: 09-10 SP Authentic | 09-10 Ice | 07-08 O-Pee-Chee

(09-29-2011, 03:09 PM)ricebondsmntna2young Wrote: I'm not sure what's more amazing, the patch itself, or the difference between the photo and scan. It's not just the neon that vanishes in the scan, though that's the most obvious and important aspect; all the texture and glint of the fabric disappears as well. I wonder what I've been missing all this time, looking at scans of patch cards...

Blue Jackets Round Closes Tonight @ 5PM PT

scarrman's Leclaire: 5 (spud; iluv; vadim; wick; onox)
I couldn't believe it myself, the scan just didn't do it justice. Taking a photo is obviously the way to go on some cards. I took the photo just last week as an experiment to see if it was any different, I rescanned trying different color and dpi settings, even adjusting tone, color, etc.

I think one of the Fowler ducks cards was also a photo - the fabric and texture just jumps vs the scan option.

(09-29-2011, 03:24 PM)scarrman Wrote: I couldn't believe it myself, the scan just didn't do it justice. Taking a photo is obviously the way to go on some cards. I took the photo just last week as an experiment to see if it was any different, I rescanned trying different color and dpi settings, even adjusting tone, color, etc.

I think one of the Fowler ducks cards was also a photo - the fabric and texture just jumps vs the scan option.
I only do photo's of my cards now for the exact reasons above. Every detail get's picked up (assuming you have good light and a steady hand!). Also, you can do a direct to photobucket send with their iphone and blackberry app (when I need a quick pic to post).

Add me to the list for scarrman's card.
[Image: NHL-TorontoMapleLeafsFinal500.jpg]

Collecting vintage Leafs and Orr autos and patches. Also looking for ITG Enshrined and Superlative jumbo emblems too!

I too have done many photos of my cards and have noticed things look better if you get a good shot.
Please check out www.hockeyvadim.com for my whole collection

Banner done by "Tha Penguin"

[Image: vadim002.png]

jaykayzee Picard AHL LOGO

RE: Show Me a BETTER Patch Than This...(scarrman picks a team)
hopefully some team we can all have a shot at

I'm calling this one early since I'm not sensing too much more movement. As always we welcome Jackets entries at any time in this process to challenge scarrman for the CBJ crown, but you're going to have to come really really strong for him to even consider relinquishing his title.

Blue Jackets Round Closed

scarrman's Leclaire: 5 (spud; iluv; vadim; wick; onox)
jaykayzee's Picard: 2 (bonnev; rice)

Congratulations (again) to scarrman for your blinding Leclaire and for the easy win. Let's find out if we have a 3-peat in the making as you pick the next team for us...

11 teams remain:

Wild
Senators
Sabres
Rangers
Lightning
Islanders
Hurricanes
Coyotes
Canucks
Bruins
Blues
LOGAN COUTURE | MARTIN ST. LOUIS | JEREMY ROENICK | JONATHAN TOEWS
Malkin | Iginla | Datsyuk | Kane | Larionov | Thornton | Fedorov
(Link) Gimme Your: 09-10 SP Authentic | 09-10 Ice | 07-08 O-Pee-Chee

Ok, I just arrived at the farm in Northern Saskatchewan (7 hour drive!). I am on an old farm computer, running about dial up speed - no cable, no cell service. I won't have much time the next couple of days to log on so I will pick a team I don't have any cards of - Tampa Bay Lightning (hope this gets some action - bonnev!).

I will check in to vote probably Friday night - thanks for all the votes, much appreciated. But no 3-peat.