`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just thought I'd share this one...

Just thought I'd share this one...
Got this one from my grandmother about 20 years ago... had no idea what it was at the time.

Just got back into collecting last year and realized I had me a pretty good card. Any ideas as to how it might grade?

RE: Just thought I'd share this one...
Fantastic! Looks like it's in great shape. Great colors
[Image: Boston.jpg]

nice ! id say probably a 3 maybe a 4 hard to tell without actually having it at hand. would you ever consider selling?
Photobucket

i would get it graded even if it was low just to protect it from anymore damage. Sick card!
[Image: banner-2-1.jpg]

Yeah, definitely get that to SGC (preferably in person) for grading. Kelly cards are hard to come by. Great gift from your Grandmother Smile
Interested in EX-MT or better pre-'56 Cardinals, '53 Bowman Color & '74-'78 Topps.
http://s606.photobucket.com/home/jalbregts

(09-03-2011, 07:49 AM)hiiimitalian989 Wrote: nice ! id say probably a 3 maybe a 4 hard to tell without actually having it at hand. would you ever consider selling?
I have no plans to sell it. Although in 10 years my kids will start going to college so I may change my mind then.
(09-03-2011, 09:28 AM)sastahl Wrote: i would get it graded even if it was low just to protect it from anymore damage. Sick card!
That's a good point. Right now, I just have it in a regular sized penny sleeve and toploader. That makes me think of this: are the grading cases fire-proof? I've never had a card graded.
(09-03-2011, 12:11 PM)beatles guy Wrote: Yeah, definitely get that to SGC (preferably in person) for grading. Kelly cards are hard to come by. Great gift from your Grandmother Smile
Is SGC better for vintage grading? Like I said earlier, I've never had a card graded so I'm pretty clueless on the world of grading. I guess I had the thought PSA was best, then Beckett. I was thinking of maybe hitting The National next year in Baltimore and getting in graded in-person by PSA; I believe that's the only time they do in-person grading, unless you go to California.

You will find that many will pick SGC for Pre-War. They seem to have a niche in that department and their black backgrounds really make the card "pop". They are located in NJ and also set up at the National.

That being said, PSA would be a fine choice as well. I'm just not keen on them because I don't like the look of the holders and the card tends to move around very slightly.
Interested in EX-MT or better pre-'56 Cardinals, '53 Bowman Color & '74-'78 Topps.
http://s606.photobucket.com/home/jalbregts

Great card, definitely send to SGC, great company.
Collecting Bob Feller, 1951 Bowman, anything Cleveland.

[Image: SonnyDay.jpg]

How did your Grandmother end up with a "King" Kelly card?!

That is awesome. Congrats!

I'll also recommend SGC. Their niche since day one has been pre-war. Good luck with whatever you choose!