`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2011 Topps - Are Sparkles an easier pull in Series 2?

2011 Topps - Are Sparkles an easier pull in Series 2?
I know there are no official odds for pulling the sparkle cards, however from what i've seen most think there is one 1 sparkle card per hobby case. Of course, who knows what the odds are in retail but, its obviously a tough pull. I probably busted close to 10 series one hobby jumbos and def spent at the very least $500 on series 1 retail. Out of all that, I failed to pull even one sparkle card, not one.

Series 2 comes out, I pick up 5 blasters the day it arrives at walmart, and the first pack I bust has a posey sparkle. I'm obviously pumper, but think go figure, however this was obviously a sign to come. I have pulled TWELVE sparkles so far in series 2. I've prob gone through 6 hobby jumbos, a box worth of random packs, and spent around $300 on retail of series 2. I finally had to look in this, as I just pulled an elvis andrus sparkle out of one of three retail rack packs I just bought at walmart.

I mean obviously i've had crazy luck, but this is beyond luck. Four of them were retail pulls. Has anyone else noticed this? Have any of you guys had better luck pulling these in series 2?

RE: 2011 Topps - Are Sparkles an easier pull in Series 2?
I got a jumbo box of S1 and got an Ortiz sparkle, I have yet to find one in series 2
[Image: yrBtR.png]
Collecting Reds and A's (especially Joey Votto, Bronson Arroyo, and Josh Reddick)

I have pulled 2 from series 2. One out of a retail blaster. The second in one jumbo pack in a box. I did not pull any of the series 1 sparkles. Sometimes I get lucky other times not so much.

MY son and I have bought quite a lot of retail S1 and S2, not a sparkle among them. Got our Longoria sparkle off the bay for $15 shipped, waiting for it to show up in the mail this week!

i noticed when series 2 first came out ....people were pulling the sparkles left and right from retail blasters it seemed like... I thought the frequency people were finding them were pretty ramped up compared to series 1...

could just be horrible correlation...I mean it is topps afterall

but I did seem to think they were a lot more prevalent in series 2
Jonny Venters - Super Collector
Overall Collection (113/157 72% Complete)
base/parallels (85/85 100%)
1/1's (28/72 39%)

always looking for venters 1/1's and 2008/2010 low numbered refractors

I pulled all four of my Sparkle cards out of Series 1... never found one from S2 (had to trade for my Mark Reynolds one)... so I can't say that Sparkles were easier for me out of Series 2.
*Please note that in all of my future trades, I will require extra time to ship. I have no adequate transportation to a post office. If you don't want to wait, please do not trade with me.*

Don't they print the odds on the packaging? If so that will give you the best idea.

And no,I haven't pulled 1 yet ,either series. Bought McCutchen on bay.

Thanks for all the replies guys, I guess its just a matter of extreme luck, not that I'm complaingSmile

BTW the odds for the sparkles aren't printed on any packaging I've seen.

I opened a couple of blasters from series 1 and 2 hobby boxes and 1 jumbo of series 2...no sparkles at all for meSad
I collect Jackie Robinson, Dee Gordon, Daniel Nava.

It is luck for sure. I bought a helluva lot less Series 1 than Series 2 and pulled my only sparkle in the Series 1 box. Got Votto and sold it. Did buy the Hamels off Ebay though. I've only been back collecting a year and a half now. Does Topps do stuff like this every year? Last year it was Abe Lincoln and this year the sparkles