`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Fake Marino legends autos are everywhere!!! Watch out guys!!!

RE: Fake Marino legends autos are everywhere!!! Watch out guys!!!
(09-01-2011, 11:20 PM)bakerman8419 Wrote: The first 3 links are cards from 2008 Ultimate NOT 2009 Ultimate which is when the Marino legend card was released for the set. The scan should clearly dictate that. The 2008 card is real and Marino was scheduled to sign the 08 version but UD never paid Marino so Marino never signed until 2009 when UD released the newer version. Somehow the 08 cards were forged and now are on the market.

The 3 links to eBay are 100% fake!!!

I also agree with you that on one of the Marinos the auto does look really close but not close enough.
Were the 2008's release by UD but without the auto? This is certainly a bigger deal then it seems, someone put some thought into this, and even the auto's look ok. Only way i could tell it might of been the auto is marino's real auto from start to finish is very fast, no hesitation where the ink settles, kinda like a darker dot look, like you see in the fakes. Compared to your autos they are clearly not the same. But at least a good try this time lol
[Image: Dmurray29.jpg]
PC: Dez Bryant, Felix Jones, Demarco Murray.

(09-01-2011, 11:28 PM)CowboysFanatic Wrote: Were the 2008's release by UD but without the auto? This is certainly a bigger deal then it seems, someone put some thought into this, and even the auto's look ok. Only way i could tell it might of been the auto is marino's real auto from start to finish is very fast, no hesitation where the ink settles, kinda like a darker dot look, like you see in the fakes. Compared to your autos they are clearly not the same. But at least a good try this time lol
I would assume the only way these cards could hit the market is someone at UD found them and thought hey I can make some cash, forged the signature and boom here they are on ebay. Not sure what companies do with extra/unused cards.

Yes there are some nice looking fake autos out there and can be hard to spot. I feel Im good at finding fakes of Marino and hopefully I never get duped. I would be upset to spend $1000 on something fake.
Unique Cards:
Dolphins - 6000+
Marino - 2140
Zach Thomas - 869
Jason Taylor - 749
Lamar Miller - 341

The card was unreleased. All of these have surfaced at a cardshow in California (Just outside UD's offices). So far, 3-4 Marino's have surfaced. There is also a fake Favre and a fake Flutie. The dealer was selling these for 40% of BV at the show. He got several people for over $1000. The dealer may not have known and just had a buddy at UD who lifted these cards. Eitherway, the card was supposed to be signed but never was. The card itself is 100% real, but the autograph was forged.

PS I want one SOOOOOOOOOOOO bad. I may have a line on one... not sure yet.
Also, I insist, anytime one references the 97 Legends Marino, that they use the scan for the one I own. LOL.
[Image: 03-09-2010044548PM.jpg]
Trying to finish these sets:
1999 Upper Deck Strike Force Quantum /100
2000 Score Complete Players Green/ Blue
2000 Leaf Piece of the Game Preview 4th Down Isaac Bruce
2008 Premier NFL Equipment /25 John Elway

Let me know if you have any available.

Do you think this card has any real value despite the fake auto?
Unique Cards:
Dolphins - 6000+
Marino - 2140
Zach Thomas - 869
Jason Taylor - 749
Lamar Miller - 341

(09-02-2011, 04:21 AM)bakerman8419 Wrote: Do you think this card has any real value despite the fake auto?
It does to me. I'd spend $50-100 to get one. But I would have spent 3x as much if it were never forged.

I knew there was an advantage to being broke lol.
[Image: SigXacvol2.png]
New York Giants Fan & Collector.
http://s9.photobucket.com/home/deuce6000/

The best part about this thread? I made one just like it a week ago and mine was deleted for some reason.

Wow!!! I hate fakes!!!
JAXON SHIPLEY SUPER COLLECTOR-PAYPAL ALWAYS AVAILABLE!!!Big Grin

Stuff like this is why I hate some of the people in this hobby. I purchased an 81 card lot with memorabilia and auto cards, including a fake Tebow autograph. I didn't buy the lit for that specific card (you could say I bought it for the Montana auto card and the Peterson auto card), but it was just a bonus. Spent $40 or so to find out it was a fake. Sad

Thanks for the heads up guys.
[Image: sds_zpsc4ba5032.jpg]

You are already missed

It "could" be possible that an unsigned version got signed by Marino at a show...at some point that's what someone will say as well anyway.
With 20+ years collecting, this is the most comprehensive single player collection in the world! Beckett lists 4000+ cards - I'm at 95% completion!
[Image: jaderock-1-1-1.jpg]]