`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Fake Marino legends autos are everywhere!!! Watch out guys!!!

RE: Fake Marino legends autos are everywhere!!! Watch out guys!!!
(09-03-2011, 01:50 PM)jaderock Wrote: It "could" be possible that an unsigned version got signed by Marino at a show...at some point that's what someone will say as well anyway.
The problem though is that the signature is just bad all around... Only one copy looks passible.... but it still shows traits of a fake autograph... The O in Marino is always looped so it goes down farther than 'arin'... I have never seen a Marino autograph with any form of authenticity that showed otherwise... It seems weird a copy of an unreleased card would showcase a foreign trait in every copy, and still be authentic...

Just wanted to give a HUGE shout out to courtneysbbcards !!!!
They had one of these Marino's on eBay and ended the auction!
Contacted them earlier today, Kevin and Doug did some research and realized the Marino card raises some questions!

Not only that, the stopped the Favre and Flutie they had up as well!
Trying to finish these sets:
1999 Upper Deck Strike Force Quantum /100
2000 Score Complete Players Green/ Blue
2000 Leaf Piece of the Game Preview 4th Down Isaac Bruce
2008 Premier NFL Equipment /25 John Elway

Let me know if you have any available.

(09-03-2011, 02:51 PM)Marinocollector Wrote: The problem though is that the signature is just bad all around... Only one copy looks passible.... but it still shows traits of a fake autograph... The O in Marino is always looped so it goes down farther than 'arin'... I have never seen a Marino autograph with any form of authenticity that showed otherwise... It seems weird a copy of an unreleased card would showcase a foreign trait in every copy, and still be authentic...

Just wanted to give a HUGE shout out to courtneysbbcards !!!!
They had one of these Marino's on eBay and ended the auction!
Contacted them earlier today, Kevin and Doug did some research and realized the Marino card raises some questions!

Not only that, the stopped the Favre and Flutie they had up as well!
Why would they stop the farve and flutie as well? Did all 3 of those come from the same source?
[Image: Dmurray29.jpg]
PC: Dez Bryant, Felix Jones, Demarco Murray.

Yes... there are now fake Flutie and Favre 97 Legends Updates that have been popping up all over southern California. All 3 are coming from the same source. There is also a possible Emmitt.... but that is unknown. One of the people bought 4 cards from the dealer pushing the fakes. He sold his Emmitt before he scanned it. But I think the Emmitt may have been real. As everyone who has had an 08 Marino has had only 09 Flutie and 08 Favre as well.

Ah i see hmm, might should turn that in to someone then who can look into that kinda thing.

On another note, Doug Flutie. it reminded me of a idear i had the other day for some strange reason. As some of yall know Fluties daughter, who is mighty fine i might add is now a cheerleader for the buffalo bills.

My idea bloomed!!!! Why in the world hasnt there been a a card, limited and rare of the girls of the NFL, complete with some auto's and maybe a patch or two of that perfume scented cheerleader outfit???? I have a funny tickle it would be hugely popularSmile

I could see it already, guys at a future card show running into each other with their nose firmly planted on a auto patch of alexa flutie wondering what intoxicating perfume might it be. Ya that might not turn out so good...
[Image: Dmurray29.jpg]
PC: Dez Bryant, Felix Jones, Demarco Murray.

I dont think th NFL wants the names out on their cheerleaders.... a little too many stalkers in the world... but if you wish.,... you could always go for Benchwarmer cards! Hot girls in skimpy sports outfits, or just skimpy, with auto's, clothing swatches, they even have cards that were kissed and covered in lipstick imprints of the girls lips!

I really dont like what happened to this set. The 97 versions were worth so much and things got jacked up when they made the addition to the set in 08. I see joe montana ones everywhere. most of them are encapsulated saying that they passed an autograph inspection so they have a COA.
[Image: nthnoak.jpg]

Looking for 49er Autos and Kobe Bryant.

http://s829.photobucket.com/albums/zz216...r%20Trade/

(09-05-2011, 12:20 AM)nthnoak Wrote: I really dont like what happened to this set. The 97 versions were worth so much and things got jacked up when they made the addition to the set in 08. I see joe montana ones everywhere. most of them are encapsulated saying that they passed an autograph inspection so they have a COA.
I don't think the addition to the set really was any cause to a fake Montana. Of course, I have never seen a fake Montana. I can tell you Montana was very common in the set. It use to sell for only $80, but his popularity coupled with the popularity of the Legends set, it has become harder to find one available and price has skyrocketed.

(09-05-2011, 07:22 AM)Marinocollector Wrote: I don't think the addition to the set really was any cause to a fake Montana. Of course, I have never seen a fake Montana. I can tell you Montana was very common in the set. It use to sell for only $80, but his popularity coupled with the popularity of the Legends set, it has become harder to find one available and price has skyrocketed.
well i see tons of the montana one's but what im saying is because these cards are worth so much i think people are trying to fake them more. but i really dont know if their fake or not. it could just be that people are getting a base card from legends and having montana sign it, then getting it certified by an authenticating company. its just really confusing because i have seen 14 montana ones on the bay all at the same time before.
[Image: nthnoak.jpg]

Looking for 49er Autos and Kobe Bryant.

http://s829.photobucket.com/albums/zz216...r%20Trade/