`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Baseball Set Builders

RE: Baseball Set Builders
I'm working on a few sets. I need like 5 cards to finish my 2009 Ginter set, mainly SPs for 2008 Ginter, and mostly SPs for 2011 Heritage
[Image: 2013%20Ginter%20Signature_zpsraq8vd9t.jpg]

(09-01-2011, 09:10 PM)clarkzac Wrote: I'm working on a few sets. I need like 5 cards to finish my 2009 Ginter set, mainly SPs for 2008 Ginter, and mostly SPs for 2011 Heritage
You know, there's a decent chance that I have some of those Ginter cards...
You guys are making me contemplate shelling out that $20.

Don't worry about me. I don't have the org or opg anymore
[Image: 2013%20Ginter%20Signature_zpsraq8vd9t.jpg]

I am definitely a set builder. I typically don't try to do master sets (yet), but I am deliberating to start with 2012 Topps. I like to use my lower end inserts, duplicate SPs, refractors, and G/U cards as trade bait to finish what I am building at the moment.

Currently, I am building 2011 Heritage, 2010 Bowman Chrome and Topps Chrome, and 1980 Topps. I recently finished 2011 Topps and 2011 Bowman (base/prospects/Chrome prospects 1-110).
Currently working on 2010 Bowman Chrome Regular/Prospects, 2010 Bowman Sterling,
and 2010 Topps

(09-01-2011, 07:00 PM)baseballcollector18 Wrote: Heh, hardly. My stuff is old, but not vintage. Most of it is stuffed in the backs of boxes and won't be dug up for a while... Nobody has time for $2 inserts and $5 game used cards from a specific set in 2002... Or Kevin Kouzmanoff. Well, maybe Kouzmanoff. But I'm more interested in the former.

I might do it this weekend. How long does it take for, say, 100 cards? I hope it's much easier than the individual listings they had a few years ago. You used to have to search for the cards one by one and it would take like 2 minutes to get 1 card.
I don't know how it was before, but I think it's ok. You just type something like "1952 Topps Mantle" then click "add to collection" or something like that. Then you can go add how many you have/want/need or are willing to trade.

I hope you know I was kidding about you being a snobby collector by the way. Smile

(09-01-2011, 08:09 PM)spilsys Wrote: i have a few of your 2009 bowman needs listed in my organizer and have some wants listed from upper deck 1999, 2000 to fill in my needs..more to fill in later when i have time this weekend..i think i have a few of your 2007 bowmen needs too

have a few of the fleer cards too
I'll check sometime this weekend. Thanks.

(09-01-2011, 10:23 PM)0mattinglyalexander0 Wrote: I don't know how it was before, but I think it's ok. You just type something like "1952 Topps Mantle" then click "add to collection" or something like that. Then you can go add how many you have/want/need or are willing to trade.

I hope you know I was kidding about you being a snobby collector by the way. Smile

I'll check sometime this weekend. Thanks.
sounds good
baseball

What's wrong with Kevin Kouzmanoff? Haha
[Image: yrBtR.png]
Collecting Reds and A's (especially Joey Votto, Bronson Arroyo, and Josh Reddick)

(09-01-2011, 06:50 PM)0mattinglyalexander0 Wrote: ahh, I see. You're one of them highfalutin collectors. Got no time for us common (card) folk. Sad

I was iffy on the organizer as well, but it's actually quite nice. Could be better, but nice.
I guess I do not understand why buying the ORG is as good as buying the OPG, you get the prices and the ORG...
Interesting...
Is it the price?? I do not think I could survive in this marketplace without current prices and organization..
But, I guess I am in the minority on this thread..

(09-01-2011, 11:20 PM)bustin 5 knots Wrote: What's wrong with Kevin Kouzmanoff? Haha
Haha, nothing, I just don't think people are scrambling to break out those sweet Kouzies.

As for getting the ORG, I have no real need for the OPG, so getting the ORG for a year would just be the better option anyway. It's cheaper than the ORG and OPG for a month.