`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where is everyone?

Where is everyone?
So I have been a member here for about 3 months and I regularly see only about 20 people in the basketball forums. Is this all there is or will more people start showing up around the time the season starts?
ebayID Brian60187 - Collecting PSA 10 RC's

http://s1238.photobucket.com/user/brianl...ll%20Trade

RE: Where is everyone?
i was just thinking about this, and it seems like ive ran into alot of new traders lately, but we still have our usual regulars. beckett needs to send a mass email out to inactive customers they once had and see if they can get some people back on here, i couldnt imagine if we could combine traffic with other sites, trading would be off the chain, more stuff to talk about, and a more fun hobby in general.
[Image: 7966e60e-33ac-4de8-bdd9-1ba754cc86b5_zps67dad6ae.jpg]

What strikes me most is the difference between replies and views to threads here, which is usually along the lines of a 1:10 or worse ratio. It shows that there are probably a lot of users viewing, but only a few actually interacting...

Its ok, im still here lol
Personal Collections are as follows :
1) Knicks (anyone who has worn the jersey at one time or another and made a significant impact on the team.)
2) Latrell sprewell
3) Amare Stoudemire
4) Carmelo Anthony
5) Steve Nash
6) Chauncey Billups

(09-01-2011, 08:55 AM)antriarc Wrote: Its ok, im still here lol
it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside lol.

just means you care!
Personal Collections are as follows :
1) Knicks (anyone who has worn the jersey at one time or another and made a significant impact on the team.)
2) Latrell sprewell
3) Amare Stoudemire
4) Carmelo Anthony
5) Steve Nash
6) Chauncey Billups

(09-01-2011, 08:55 AM)antriarc Wrote: Its ok, im still here lol
(09-01-2011, 09:00 AM)pingbling23 Wrote: it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside lol.
(09-01-2011, 09:07 AM)antriarc Wrote: just means you care!
perhaps Beckett can create a private chat room for you boys

Sorry for another one of my long posts... Smile

There's quite a few things about Beckett.com that a lot of people in the hobby don't agree with. I wasn't very active on the boards when I started on the site in 2005, but from what I hear it was quite busy. But then there was a site design change and a lot of people were upset. One, there were a lot of problems with the site, a lot of people didn't like the new forums, and many other problems. Then we started requiring people to put their cards in their organize and use the trade tools to trade and sell, and a lot of people didn't like this, so they left. Then, as the old hardware started to crap out and the site was going slower and slower or didn't work at all (and some things still didn't work, there's a story behind that too) more people left. Then there came the last site change and it was delayed a few months. Then after that there were migration issues as well as other problems with the site. Then there came the charging to use the Organize if you had more than 100 items in there. I've talked with people on other sites as well as people who use this site along with others and they've said they don't like having to put their thousands of cards in Organize (we don't require all cards in Organize, but if you say you have one for trade, it should be in your organize) to trade, they'd rather use lists so it's easy to go between sites. They don't like not being able to promote their ebay sales or links to other collecting sites. They don't like how strict us mods can be trying to keep the place PC for all ages. They don't like being charged to use something that used to be free. And other reasons. I personally prefer this site over all others I've seen, and I've explored. I'm not saying this because I'm a moderator, but I wouldn't have accepted the mod-ship if I didn't think this site was the best available and had the potential to grow.

I'm still in hopes that some people will start coming here and realizing how great it is. But you can't promote this site on other sites, so you've have to individually talk to other people and try to convince them. I also wish Beckett had more promotions for the site in their magazine, on dealer's and manufacturer's websites, and anywhere else. As a mod, I'll be busy as heck, but I'd love it. Smile I just wish I got paid for it so it could be my full time job. lol.
[Image: Xtreme2sec.gif]
3,850+ diff Pistons cards

i agree, this would be the best place to go, if we had our numbers up for active members. i dont mind the fee i pay for the service, and i love having the opg and the trade function, we just need more traders and traffic. and folkertino, the private chat room is live and youre invited lmao.

I have had to start to use other sites. Not because they are better, but there is more activity. I have literely done 6 trades in the last few days. I love the beckett site and will be around but alot less often. The few traders that are left here are great, but you can only see the same cards so many times.
Looking for HOF auto's in Baseball, Basketball and Hockey.

Always open to trading!

Photo Bucket
http://s949.photobucket.com/albums/ad331...49_bucket/